Children's day regimen in 5 months
From the moment of birth to the year the baby accelerates and develops. At the 5th month of life the child becomes more active, active and inquisitive. Parents, having studied the natural biorhythm of their child, set the appropriate daily routine. Approximate mode of the children's day in 5 months should look like this:
- 7:00 - awakening, feeding, entertainment of the baby.
- 9:00 am - a morning sleep.
- 11:00 - washing, washing, charging and massage, eating, communicating with the child.
- 13:00 - rest in the open air.
- 15:00 - feeding, entertainment.
- 17:00 - evening sleep.
- 19:00 - meals, walk (optional), swimming, games.
- 21:00 - a dream. One night feeding or several (at the request of the child).
This mode is very convenient for both children and their parents. It should not be observed exactly, the time for rest and wakefulness can be reduced or increased depending on the needs of the baby.
Children's sleep plays the most important role for healthy growth and development.
The regime of the children's day at 5 months of special changes regarding rest did not bring. Sleep is as much as in a four-month age, but it is deeper at night and a short day.
Night sleep at 5 months becomes more robust, continuous and continuous. If the child and stands up for feeding, then how to eat, immediately falls asleep. If this does not happen, do not get nervous, shake the baby, gently stroke and sing a quiet lullaby.
Gradually reduces the time of daytime dreams. The child has already adapted well to extraneous household noise during the rest. And already quietly asleep at the sounds of a working washing machine, TV and other.
Do not forget to ventilate the nursery. And in the summer, ensure a continuous flow of fresh air, opening the window for airing.
The main and only food in 5 months is mother's milk or a mixture. Anything other than 6 months of a healthy child should not be given.
Apply to the breast should be as necessary, as close to the formed mode of the day.
As a rule, a baby eats about a liter of milk or a mixture within a day (for 5-6 feedings).
Feeding a child of five months can be administered on the advice of a pediatrician in those cases if the baby:
- not full;
- poorly gaining weight;
- do not gorge on mother's milk, constantly naughty;
- is on full artificial feeding.
Let's figure out what to feed in 5 months of the child who is allowed to enter additional products.
Let's consider two variants.
- A baby on natural or mixed feeding is not gaining weight badly. In this case, the lure is recommended to begin with dairy-free cereals, in time you can include dairy.
- Artificial feeding of the child for 5 months provides for the possibility of introducing additional products.
If there are no problems with weight, it is recommended to start additional nutrition with vegetable purees (which includes zucchini, cauliflower or potatoes) or fruit (green apple, banana, peach).
The initial portion of complementary foods is up to a teaspoon a day. The volume should be gradually increased, replacing one feeding. The dish needs to be boiled or baked in the oven.
Feed the child with such products before dinner, to follow the body's reaction. If there is an allergy or problems with digestion, remove this product from the ration. Do not give any food for a week.
A child in 5 months swims with great pleasure and actively participates in water games, as it begins to take a vertical position.
From this age the baby can be bathed in a large tub with toys, gently planting it, holding the backrest. Use the circle for swimming, putting it on the child's neck. With the help of him, he will feel more confident and flexible, practicing the basic skills of swimming.
Full care for a delicate corpse also includes:
- ensuring the cleanliness of the ears, spout and eye;
- cutting nails;
Morning procedures begin with washing the face and washing after removing the diaper or toilet. A jet of warm water is sufficient for these activities. Soap for washing use no more than once a day.
To bathe the baby should be before night sleep. Warm water helps to relax all muscle groups, it gives a portion of pleasure, well calms and provides a sound sleep. Soap, gel or bathing foam should be used only once or twice a week. Clean the ears and spout as necessary. At the end of the procedure, wash the child with clean water a degree below the temperature of the liquid in the bath.
The skin in these months remains the same sensitive, prone to chafing, irritation and eruptions. To prevent such problems, let the skin breathe - do air baths and moisten the baby's body after bathing.
Remember that all hygiene products must be strictly child-friendly. Since adults, due to various additives and fragrances, can cause irritation and allergy.
Walks in the open air
To be outdoors with a small child you need every day. The length of walks (depending on weather conditions) should be from 40 minutes to several hours.
In cold or windy weather, reduce the time spent on the street, providing warmth and comfort to the baby in the stroller. In warm summer days walk as often as possible and longer.
Optimal are walks twice a day. For the health of the child, they are useful during sleep. Also, the kid will enjoy spending time outside, when there are so many interesting things around: people, cars, nature, animals, birds.
Than to occupy the child during wakefulness
The child is awake for half an hour or an hour more than the previous one. At this time, he needs to pay maximum attention. Children who are deprived of this develop more slowly and may have mental disorders.
For a few hours of wakefulness you can walk with the baby, exercise, entertaining and developing games, listen to music, dance, sing songs, read books, tell poems and much more.
The regime of the day of children in 5 months and older provides for the mandatory holding of a massage with the expansion of the complex of gymnastic exercises. Thanks to regular classes your baby will develop faster, become more active and energetic. Massage improves blood circulation, metabolic processes. Gymnastic exercises aimed at motor development of the child 5-6 months, perfectly develop plastic, crawling skills, sitting, walking.
Conduct sessions before feeding or one and a half to two hours afterwards. For this procedure the main thing:
- good mood of mother and baby;
- warm room;
- nice music, well suited classic;
- diaper and baby oil.
Perform simple massage and gymnastic movements that include stroking, kneading, vibration and patting.
You need to start with the hands of the baby, then go to the legs, stomach and back. Pay more attention at this age to a massage of the abdomen. It soothes the baby and improves the digestive process.
Physiological changes in the development of a 5-month-old baby are assessed according to the following criteria determined by WHO.
- Growth (from 62.1 to 63.9 cm). For this month the child grows on average by 2 cm.
- Weight (from 6,4 to 7 kg). During the fifth month, the baby collects about 700 g.
- Head circumference (from 40.6 to 41.6 cm).
- Circumference of the chest (from 42.3 to 42.9 cm).
Here are the average indicators of physical development. The lower limit is the average for girls, and the upper limit for boys. As can be seen, in the male half, the weight at 5 months is slightly larger than that of the female.
The rates of physical development, as well as psychomotor, are individual for each child and depend both on the indicators at birth and on the care of the baby.
This formation of motor skills, corresponding to the level of mental development of the child.
Children can develop both smoothly and spasmodically. You do not need to get upset and chase a girlfriend who has a child doing something that your baby can not do for 5 months. Development is always individual. After a week or two your baby will be able to catch up and overtake the skills of the "rival".
At the age of five months, children can:
- To distinguish faces, to recognize oneself in reflection, it is pleasant to react to the voice of mother.
- Drag and grab your favorite thing, take away the toy.
- Grind a rattle, press on musical instruments, play with a peepal, feel objects, study their shape and surface. The child's hearing and sight improve.
- Pull the surrounding objects, your pens and legs.
- Watch the thing you like, turn your head in all directions.
- Turn over from back to side, then onto tummy and back to back.
- Lie on your stomach, lean on your knees and head, trying to lift the trunk and pelvis.
- Show first attempts to sit.
- Grab and hold Mom's fingers tightly to get up and occupy a vertical position.
The more time you give to the child, talking and playing with it, the faster it will develop.
Formation of speech
The development of fine motor skills and communication with the mother are the main components for the early development of speech. Now the kid is babbling, auka, pronouncing various sounds: a-ah, uh, uh-uh. The girl 5 months before the boy begins to publish new vowels (s, a) and consonants (b, n, m), laughs, roars, squeals, squeaks during games.
All these skills are a great achievement in the development of a child of five months. Continue to deal with the baby, talk more, while pronouncing the words clearly and correctly. Read poems, tell stories, let's touch objects of different shapes.
Kids at this age will be interested in bright, colored toys with different sound effects, namely:
- soft toys with foil inserts, peepers, solid objects;
- multi-colored rattles, a drum;
- nesting dolls;
- finger puppet theater;
- musical animals, telling tales and singing songs;
- xylophone and other musical instruments.
Also, use household items (pots, spoons), consider photographs, book pictures. Knead your kid's fingers under your favorite nursery rhymes, play hide and seek, covering your face with a handkerchief. Give the baby to jump on your lap, fly an airplane. Kiss in all parts of the body, naming each of them, hug. Give your love, which the kid needs so much 5 months.
Development and upbringing of the child
Every day the child learns the environment more actively. He begins to understand the prohibitions and requests, such as "can not", "give", "on", "go to me" and others. Is able to distinguish intonation. When you turn softly - smiling, if you scold - she cries.
Right now the baby needs to be properly educated.
Development of the child 5-6 months should be carried out in such areas.
- Cognition. Study the world around you with toys and safe household items. Lay out different in color and shape of the toy at a stretched hand of the baby, so he tried to reach for them, crawl.
- The society. Learn to contact people. In the game form, imitate the voices and affectionately refer to the child.
- The development of speech. Reading and games with small items will help here.
- Physical activity. Perform gymnastic exercises, lure to movement in the game form.
How to calm a child in 5 months
Until the child learns to speak, all his requests for satisfying his needs will be expressed in tears.
It is important to recognize the type of sobbing and eliminate the cause. Crying of a 5-month-old child can be both physiological - hunger, increased fatigue, lack of attention and communication, and pathological - colic, teething, other pathologies and diseases.
Never ignore the child's disorder, be patient, affectionate, try to stay calm. Even if the crumb requires a lot of attention, give it. After all, love and care are never excessive.
If the baby constantly cries, and you can not calm him, go to the neurologist.
Correctly built regime of the children's day at 5 months is the best prevention of diseases, disciplines the baby and allows him to develop well.