Recommendations and advice to parents: how to prepare a child for school
Preparing a child for school is a very tense and responsible moment in the life of each parent. Many ask what exactly it is necessary to do and what steps to take to adapt children to the new conditions as an apprentice. If you combine all the tips for parents to prepare children for school, you can distinguish three main indicators.
The first indicator is the overall development of the child. By the time the kid sits at the desk, his overall training should have a certain level. This applies primarily to the intellect, memory and attention. Tips for parents to prepare children for school 5-6 years are mainly aimed at identifying the existing knowledge of the child and any ideas about the world around him, as well as on his ability to perform actions in the mind and think.
The second indicator is the arbitrary control of yourself and your thoughts. Preschoolers have a very bright perception, excellent memory and easily switchable attention, but they do not know how to manage all this to the full. To remember something in all details and for a long time the child can, if it is very interested in it, but it is very difficult to focus on what does not cause him any interest.
It is extremely important to work out and focus on this ability before entering school. Tips for parents, how to prepare a child for school, clearly indicate - he must be able to do not only what you want, but what you need, even at a time when it's not at all interesting.
The third indicator is the formation of motives in the child, encouraging him to learn from the desk. This is not about the natural interest that all parents sin: communication with peers, games, etc., namely, deep motivation, guiding and causing the desire to acquire knowledge in school. All these three indicators are extremely important for the beginning of a successful child's education.
Factors of readiness for school
There are several main factors that indicate the degree of readiness of children for schooling:
- Physical. There are certain norms for the physical development of preschool children, which are determined by such indicators as weight, height, vision, hearing, motor skills, muscle tone, nervous system and health in general.
- Intellectual factor. Many advice to parents on the preparation of the child for school is recommended to focus on this indicator, but here, most importantly, do not overdo it and do not discourage the young schoolboy from learning. This can include: the general outlook of the child, vocabulary, the level of knowledge of the world (thinking and logic).
- The social factor. Children should have a personal picture of the whole process at the beginning of the educational process: a social and moral position for communicating with peers and adults (What is "good" and what is "bad").
- Emotional factor. Teachers, giving advice to parents how to prepare a child for school, consider this factor formed if the student is able to set goals, plan some plans, make decisions and make efforts for their subsequent implementation.
In the aggregate, all these factors and show the degree of the child's readiness for the learning process.
In addition to factors influencing the future educational process, we can distinguish some criteria for the preparedness of the child:
- Physical development and coordination - the willingness of the hands to perform small and diverse movements (possession of a pen, pencil and brush).
- The prerequisites for motivation to learn - the attitude towards learning, as an important and inalienable life process, interest in pursuits.
- Behavior - the ability to comply with the school regime and simple organization during the lesson.
- Mental activity is the ability to observe objects and denote their qualities, properties and sides along with the logicality and sensible memorization of the material being delivered.
- Independence - attempts to find different ways to achieve the goal, ways to solve a particular problem and the ability to do without outside help.
- Socium - advice to parents, how to prepare a child for school, consist in developing the child's ability to listen to teachers and comrades, that is, to work in a team.
- Work is the knowledge of what it means to work and the desire to do it not only for oneself, but for others, realizing the responsibility of tasks assigned.
- Ability to navigate - a student should have an idea of time and space, units of measurement (hour, day, far, near), and the ability to perceive these indicators.
Many recommendations to parents, how to prepare a child for school, prove that all the bodies of cognition begin to work at children at the age of 6-7 years. It is during this period that the initial volume of knowledge and skills is formed - logical thinking, imagination and memory develop, which allows you to direct the attention of the child in the right direction: listening, remembering, analyzing and drawing conclusions.
What should a preschool child be able to do?
Before you sit down at the desk, the child must master some knowledge and skills.
- Attention. Within 15-20 minutes to be able to perform the tasks - concentrated and not distracted. Find more than four differences from objects, solve simple examples on the model. Be able to copy simple objects - patterns or movements.
- Memory. Read the memory of children's verses, remember six or seven pictures and repeat exactly the sounded sentence of two or three lines.
- Thinking. Folding puzzles and mosaics. To be able to explain obvious discrepancies in pictures, to find "extra" items among the proposed ones, analyzing and explaining their choice.
- Mathematics. Be able to relate the number of objects to numbers, count in the forward and reverse order to ten. Add and subtract using arithmetic signs. Have an idea of the length of objects, navigate in time.
- Speech. Be able to make stories by pictures or from your own life by at least five sentences. Correctly pronounce sounds and split sentences into words.
- Motorcycle. Possession of pencil, pen and brush. To depict in the figure several objects united by a common plot. To be able to paint, stroke, without leaving behind the outlined contours. Know about the proportions of the subject in the drawing (elephant and mouse) and have minimal skills of working with exercise books in the cage and ruler.
Recommendations for parents for preparing a child for school, listed below, many ignore or simply forget to concentrate on them. But the child must clearly understand and know his surname, name and patronymic, as well as the names of the parents, the name of the city where he lives, the streets, the capital of his homeland, the days of the week, the months along with the sequence and belonging to the seasons, species of flora and fauna predators, herbivores, trees, bushes), as well as the name of the planet where we live, and her companion.
Not all advice to parents how to prepare a child for school is suitable for specialized institutions, but the quality of the answers to the above-mentioned questions about the surrounding world is estimated approximately equally. Criteria for a correct answer to questions are: the father works as a doctor, my mother's name is Svetlana Smirnova, instead: my father works at work and my mother's name is Sveta. According to the answers to such simple questions, it is possible to determine the level of preparedness of the preschooler.
How to prepare a child for school - tips for parents
In order for the child to be prepared for the learning process and gladly went to the first grade, it is worth paying attention to the following recommendations.
Do not require too much from the child. There is no point in asking about everything at once. Remember that your efforts in preparation should correspond to the general level of development of the preschool child, so there is no sense in teaching him some additional skills from the senior classes.
Such necessary qualities as accuracy, responsibility and diligence are never formed immediately - this takes time and effort. Very often a child needs simple support from an adult.
Errors and mode of the day
Children always have the right to make a mistake - this is common to all people without exception. It is very important that the child is not afraid of making a mistake. Many parents scold children for this, which leads to a decrease in the preschooler's self-esteem and fear of making the wrong move. If the child has committed a blunder, it simply needs to be pointed out and proposed to be corrected. A prerequisite for working on errors is praise. Even for small success or achievement of children, reward should be rewarded.
Pay attention and if necessary balance the nutrition of the child, the regime of the day, the time of rest and classes. Adjust to the future rhythm of the school and try to stick to it.