Polarizing filter and method of its application
Consider the main types of polarization filter. Why do we need a "polarist"? Light processing in the camera is changed using a polarizing filter. He improves the frame, removing the light "bloopers."
Using a polarizing filter changes the depth of color in images.
1) Shooting water. Using a polarizing filter when shooting water, you can fix the glare and color of water. The water is a very pleasant color, characterized by rich blue. Without using a filter, the water will not be so beautiful.
2) Shooting the sky. Removing the sky from a polarizing filter, it is advisable to do this when the sun is at a 90 degree angle. Thus, you will achieve the optimal effect. The color depends on the sun, so it is not recommended to shoot at the location of the heavenly body behind the camera (the result is much worse), as well as against the sun - the effect of the filter is almost not felt. A polarizing filter will help remove atmospheric gaps that occur during natural lighting.
3) Color. The main advantage is that when shooting with a polarizing filter there will be no reflections on objects. An example of this is the improved quality of leaves in the forest (in the photo).
4) Reflections and glare from other surfaces. With the help of a polarizing filter can be perfectly removed through the glass. Without it, it is - not an easy task. This product will also help you to better remove any shiny objects.
5) Lens protection. The filter, in fact, is an additional layer that will protect an expensive lens, however, for these purposes it is better to use UV filters, which are much cheaper and do not affect the luminous flux.
How to choose a polarizing filter?
For cameras, mirrors that have an autofocus, a circular polarizing filter is needed, with which you can, by rotating the external element of the filter, change the level of light exposure on the resulting image.
In the markets you can find different types of polarizing filters, both from domestic and from foreign manufacturers. They are all different in price and quality, so a lot depends on your financial situation and requirements for the product.
If you decide to purchase "polarians" at a high price, then they, naturally, will effectively improve the color of the images and eliminate the flaws in the light. Expensive polarizing filters are more resistant to scratches and mechanical damage, which fully justifies their cost.
If the budget is limited, then when choosing a filter it is best to focus on the manufacturer, because the quality of the resulting images is more important than design and usability. And for the safety of the filter, you can purchase a special case and storage container, which will save it from unwanted damage.
Thus, the choice of a polarization filter is not an easy task, but it is completely solvable, especially when the area of its application and the quality requirements of the images are known.