Why babies cry: the main reasons
Many parents, especially mothers, ask why the newborn is crying all the time. Almost all children shout a lot during the first three months of life, they can do this up to four or five hours a day. Gradually, the mother will learn to determine the cause of such behavior of her baby, in order to immediately calm him down. However, it is necessary to know what the baby’s crying can be caused in order to better understand the child and quickly help him.
There are several reasons why babies cry:
1. In the first days after the birth of a baby, “memories” of their birth may disturb. The birth process is a great stress for both mother and baby, so it takes some time for the baby to forget this moment.
2. A common reason why a newborn often cries is hunger. Modern pediatricians advise to feed the baby on demand. Crying - give a breast or bottle.
3. Baby hurt. As you know, children during the first months of life are tormented by intestinal colic. To alleviate the suffering of the child, hold it “column” after each feeding, and put it to sleep on the tummy.
4. The baby is hot or cold. The best temperature in the room where the baby lives is considered to be + 20-22 degrees. A baby who has overheated, blushes, he may have prickly heat. In this case, it is best to completely undress and undermine it. If the baby is cold, swaddle him and hold him close - the baby will immediately warm up at the breast. If only pens and legs are cold, the undershirts with closed sleeves and socks will help.
5. The next reason why newborns cry is fatigue. Despite the fact that the child is still small, he is able to get tired. The baby gets tired of sucking, the movement of his own legs and arms, massage, from what he saw during the day. An overworked child often cannot fall asleep by himself and “asks” to be helped. In this case, you need to swaddle the baby, shake it. Muffled light and calm melodious music also contribute to the rapid sleep of the child.
6. Some babies cry just before wet diapers. In this case, the baby first whimpers softly, then can scream sharply. When you learn to recognize such crying, start dropping the baby, thereby saving on diapers and clean diapers. The reason why babies cry during urination may be a lack of fluid in his body and, consequently, a high concentration of urine, which causes a burning sensation of the urinary canal. Give the child more water during the day and maybe the problem will disappear.
7. The baby is uncomfortable to lie down. The child during the first days of life does not know how to change the position of the body at all, so he may be bored, for example, on his left side. To help your child in this situation is easy. It is necessary to shift it to another flank, back or tummy, and the baby will calm down. If a child has got a diaper strayed together, a tight elastic band is on his pants, he is rubbed with a wet diaper, he can worry and cry. It is enough to change his clothes to comfort him.
8. Why do babies cry when there is no apparent reason? It turns out that the baby may simply wish to be closer to the mother, because he does not yet imagine himself without her. Often take the baby in your arms without fear of being pampered: children who lack parental love feel much worse than those who from the first days were constantly pulled to themselves and kissed!