Why can not a pregnant woman raise her hands up? Truth and fiction
The question "Why should not a pregnant woman lift her hands up?" All future mothers are asked. And many of them on this idea came up with overly hypochondriacal relatives and "knowing well-wishers". All of them, especially the latter, argue that if the pregnant woman lifts her hands up, her umbilical cord will become entangled in her womb. Is it so or not? Let's find out what specialists think about this.
In fact, raising hands up and wrapping the baby with the umbilical cord is not connected. This happens for entirely different reasons, which is very difficult to predict. These include:
1. Heredity. Too long umbilical cord "is transmitted" at the gene level from generation to generation. As a result, there is a risk of accusation.
2. Excessive fetal activity. The baby in the abdomen of the mother is so active that it can easily get entangled in the umbilical cord.
Even if the cord turns into an umbilical cord, then this is not a reason for much anxiety. During pregnancy, much happens and literally before birth, it falls into place. And it also happens that the baby is entangled in the umbilical cord already in the process of labor. In this situation, experienced midwives will cope with this problem, and the child will not be threatened.
That it is impossible for pregnant women in reality, so it's a long time to stand with your hands up. In this position, the access of oxygen to the fetus is sharply reduced and hypoxia (oxygen starvation) can develop in it. It is also dangerous for the very pregnant woman - because of the lack of air, she can faint. Loss of consciousness in this case can threaten injuries, resulting in outflow of amniotic fluid. As a result, premature birth will occur, which is very dangerous both for the premature baby and for the mother.
Therefore, the question "Why should not a pregnant woman lift her hands up?" Is slightly incorrect. It would be more correct to ask "How long can you be in this position?". The main thing here is not to overdo it. It is not forbidden at all to hang pregnant laundry, do light gymnastics or get dishes from the top shelves. Nothing terrible will happen if, by doing these ordinary actions, the expectant mother will raise her hands up.
Instead of thinking about why a pregnant woman should not raise her hands up, the expectant mother is advised to monitor her health and mental state. In an "interesting" position this is an especially important point. And to exclude the complications that arise during the formation of a new life, you need to know in advance what is harmful to pregnant women in reality. It:
1. High heels. In pregnant women, starting from the middle of the second trimester, due to the growing abdomen, the center of gravity shifts. Because of this, there is an excessive strain on the muscles of the legs and back. Hairpins in this case only exacerbate the situation.
2. Extreme sex. The sex during pregnancy can be and is useful, and especially if there is no threat of miscarriage and other complications. That's only with "acrobatic numbers" during the making of love will have to wait.
3. Overheat. Pregnant is not recommended to visit the sauna, bath, take a too hot bath.
4. Have a lot of sunbathing. 20 minutes a day is a useful tan for a pregnant woman. He "supplies" the child with vitamin D, which is the prevention of the development of his rickets. Excessive sunbathing for a pregnant woman is unacceptable.
5. Sleeping on the back. In this position, a hollow vein under the uterus contracts in the pregnant woman. This leads to a decrease in blood pressure due to a violation of blood flow to the heart, which can cause hypoxia in the fetus. Preferably to sleep on the left side.
All the rest - you can! Listen to your favorite music, do pleasant gymnastics, go for a walk in the park or in the woods. And let the question "Why should not a pregnant woman raise her hands up?" Does not bother you anymore.