Packing film bubble: types, properties, application
Externally, the bubble wrapping film has the appearance of a web with round, evenly distributed air-containing cavities on the surface. Bubbles perform excellent damping functions. The air inside such cavities provides effective thermal insulation. This promotes the use of the material as a reliable heater.
This packaging product perfectly combines the standard properties of a conventional polyethylene film, which creates good protection against atmospheric phenomena. Along with this, the material has the ability to be depreciated under mechanical influences. This avoids damage to cargo in the event of shocks, vibrations, shocks.
The secret of success of a bubble film
The most widespread packaging film air bubbly received due to its excellent amortization qualities. The growth in demand for material as a result of the constant increase in the volume of international trade is materially reflected.
In the case of moving goods over long distances and the need to store them in large volumes, the bubble wrap film becomes simply an indispensable tool. If desired, it can transport the most fragile items, for example, products made of crystal.
Depending on the thickness, the following types of bubble film are distinguished:
- Two-layer film - consists of a layer of smooth polyethylene and air-containing bubbles.
- Three-layer film - looks like two layers of polyethylene and placed between them bubbles.
Three-layer film bubble wrap is a denser and more durable material than a two-layered type of packaging base. The increase in the density index directly affects the possibility of transporting fragile goods packed into the film.
Structure of the material
Packing film bubble has a truly unique structure. Each individual vial is actually an individual, separate sphere. That is why when a single bubble breaks, the surrounding structural elements remain unharmed.
The presence of protection in the form of a sufficiently strong outer polyethylene layer protects fragile vesicles from damage. A three-layer film, bubble-proof antistatic, is particularly stable, which can be used for reusable use.
Measure the strength of the bubble film can be based on its grammatura. Here is meant the amount of polyethylene in grams, which was required to produce a square meter of material.
Increasing the weighty amount of polyethylene per square during manufacturing leads to an increase in the density index. Proceeding from this, the bubble wrap film acquires the ability to counteract this or that load. The bubble height also has a certain value. The higher the bubbles, the less likely to damage the goods.
The range of possible spheres of application of a bubble film is quite wide. At present, the material is actively used for packaging:
- electronics and fragile expensive equipment;
- auto parts;
- glassware, mirrors, porcelain, and other fragile materials;
- antiques, jewelry;
- lighting products.
Among other things, the material can be used as heat, noise and moisture insulation in construction and repair work.
If we talk about the everyday use of a bubble film, then it should be noted the possibility of its use as rugs and curtains in bathrooms, a material for protecting cars from the effects of weather manifestations. The described packaging material (bubble film) is often used as a protective cover for swimming pools and greenhouses.
To organize a relatively modest home move, it will be sufficient to buy a small roll of bubble film with a footprint of about 10 m. When using material in warehouses, it is recommended that it be purchased with rolls with a maximum footage. The acquisition of large quantities of packaging material is more profitable. Increasing the footage of the film when buying leads to a decrease in cost per running meter.
Among the main advantages of air-bubble films should be noted:
- The possibility of effective operation in the widest temperature range.
- High strength at mechanical influences.
- Ideal cushioning characteristics.
- Good tensile strength.
- Practically insensible weight with significant volumes of material.
- The possibility of saving free space due to the high elasticity of the material.
- Absolute safety, absence of components harmful to human health and the environment.
- The possibility of re-use with careful use of the film for its intended purpose.
- Absence of toxic and chemical substances that can change the properties of packaged products.
- The possibility of application for packaging food products.
- The material protects the cargo from the effects of high and low temperatures in dozens of times more effective than conventional polyethylene film.