Pyrostop: instructions for use, indications, dosage, analogues and reviews
"Pyrostop" for dogs is a Russian drug intended for prevention and treatment of diseases caused by blood-parasites. Such a tool becomes especially relevant in the summer, when an animal can "grab" fleas and ticks, even walking in the city center. As for country trips, here you can not do without reliable protection.
Piroshistop: instructions for use
"Pyrostop" is available as a solution for injections. The preparation is packed in plastic or dark glass bottles, which are individually packed in separate cardboard boxes along with the instruction.
Shelf life of the medicinal product in the original packaging is 2 years from the date of manufacture. After opening the bottle the drug can be used for 28 days. "Pyrostop" is recommended to store in a dark, dry place, inaccessible to children and animals, separately from food at a temperature of 2 - 25 degrees Celsius.
The composition of the medicinal product "Pyrostop" (the instruction for use is presented here) includes the following components:
- 120 mg of imidocarb dipropionate is the main active substance;
- 10 mg of polyvinylpyrrolidone;
- 9 mg of benzyl alcohol;
- 30 mg of propionic acid;
- 1 mg of water for injection.
"Pyrostop" (10 ml of the drug is contained in one ampoule) is an antiprotozoal drug belonging to the imidazoline group.
The mechanism of antiparasitic action of "Pyrostop" is due to the fact that imidocarb suppresses the intake of inositol, which is necessary for life to bloodparasites, and also disrupts the formation of polyamines used by them.
After administration, the drug is quickly absorbed into the blood, where it remains at the pyroplasmostatic level for 4 to 6 weeks. Active substance "Pyrostop" accumulates in the liver and kidneys, and is excreted from the body of the animal along with urine.
The drug has a third class of danger according to the level of influence on the body, that is, it is considered moderately dangerous. And in the recommended dosage it does not have mutagenic, embryotoxic and locally irritating properties.
It is prescribed not only to dogs, but also to cattle, horses and sheep "Pirostop". The dosage of the drug, which we will mention below, is only relevant for the treatment of dogs.
So, for prevention and treatment, the animal is prescribed from 0.25 to 0.5 mg of the drug per 10 kg of body weight once.
For preventive purposes, "Pyrostop" is prescribed if there is a threat of attack of ixodid ticks that carry blood-parasite diseases to the animal. And also before the supposed journey of a dog to a place where it can be attacked by ticks (a country plot, a trip to the forest, fields, hunting, etc.).
Therefore, you can use the drug "Pyrostop" instead of antiparasitic drops and collars. Instruction for use informs that for preventive purposes it will be enough to have one injection per season.
There are some precautions that must be followed when using the drug:
- After the introduction of the "Pyroistop", the animal must remain for the first 15 minutes under the constant supervision of the veterinarian. And in the first three days after the injection, the owners need to closely monitor the state of health of the pet.
- Simultaneously with the drug, it is recommended to give an antihistamine, because the likelihood of an allergic reaction is high.
- If after a lapse of 1-2 days after the administration of the drug in the peripheral blood, a pyroplasm is found, then the procedure must be repeated without increasing the dosage.
- Due to the fact that the administration of the drug is rather painful, the injection should not be done in the same place to small animals in a volume of more than 2.5 ml, and large - more than 10 ml.
"Priestop" is prescribed for preventive and curative purposes if the following diseases occur or if they are suspected:
- pyroplasmosis in dogs;
- mixed infestation.
All these ailments cause blood parasites.
There are a number of contraindications to the drug "Pyrostop". Instruction for use informs that in the following cases the use of the drug is not allowed:
- individual intolerance to animals of any constituent of the medicinal product;
- for 4 weeks after the animal was vaccinated against anaplasmosis or babesiosis.
Pyroplasmosis in dogs is a serious and problematic disease. However, when treating a pet, do not forget that any drug has side effects. So, among the adverse effects caused by "Pyrostop", note:
- Hyperemia (a painful swelling filled with blood), which is formed in the place where the drug was administered. The treatment does not need and disappears in about a day.
- Violation or increased rate of breathing.
- Bradycardia (rapid heartbeat).
- Muscle tremor.
- Increasing sweating.
- Lachrymation and increased salivation.
- Diarrhea and frequent urination.
- Various allergic reactions.
In case of side effects in all cases, injections of a solution of "Atropin" in 1% concentration are prescribed and therapy is performed aimed at reducing the sensitivity of the animal's organism to the drug.
If you are going to carry out preventive-therapeutic measures using "Piroshistop", you must remember and follow the rules of safety and personal hygiene, which are designed specifically for dealing with medicines. Among them:
- If the product accidentally gets on mucous membranes and / or skin, they must be thoroughly rinsed with running water using household soap.
- If the drug has got inside, then urgently seek medical help. With a must have an ampoule with a label or instruction.
- Used ampoules from under the "Pyrostop" are to be disposed of together with household waste, it is prohibited to use them again for domestic needs.
Special antidotes designed to inhibit the action of the drug are not available.
The drug is usually sold in 10 ml vials, but there is a 20 ml package, although it is much less common. Consider the prices for both versions of the package.
A bottle of a 10 ml drug will cost an average of 520 rubles. And in volume of 20 ml - in 640 rubles.
It is released in veterinary pharmacies without the recipe "Pyrostop". The price of the drug may vary depending on the place of residence and the mark-up of a particular point of sale.
Medicinal analogs are called drugs, similar to their pharmacological effects, as well as the mechanism of action on the body. Nevertheless, it must be remembered that the analogue is not an exact copy of the original, therefore it is not recommended to replace one drug alone with another during the treatment. Before using another medication, be sure to consult with the veterinarian.
So, "Pyrostop" for dogs and other animals has a number of analogues:
All these funds are designed to combat diseases caused by blood parasites.
For a long time used by Russian cattle breeders the drug "Piroshistop". The testimonies indicate that the remedy has proved itself well and has shown its effectiveness.
In this case, the drug is used both as a prophylaxis and for treatment. According to numerous reviews it becomes clear that for preventive purposes it is enough to introduce it once a summer to rid the pet of ticks for the whole season. The agent also helps in the treatment of the already infected - the speed and effectiveness of its action are noted.
An important factor is that the "Pyrostop" has a fairly mild effect. For example, compared with "Veriben", the side effects of the drug do not indicate the possibility of cerebral edema or destruction of blood cells.
Thus, "Pyrostop" is a very effective tool.