Mastering the May Sling
May-sling came into use by moms relatively recently. But to say that they invented it in the days of modernity means to slander. Mothers of some countries of the world have long used this simple dressing for carrying a child with them.
Is it possible to combine an active way of life and motherhood?
Sling provides an excellent opportunity for close contact of the child and mother, while freeing her hands. This circumstance made this device very popular in today's dynamic world. Nowadays, many mothers live a rather active life, and the use of a sling makes it possible not to part with their baby under any circumstances.
Varieties of this device can be identified quite a lot: scarf, ergo-backpack, fast-sling, models on the rings. Each of the above carry has its advantages and disadvantages. Mom is especially interested in May sling. At what age can the child be used? This issue is controversial. To answer it unambiguously, you need to consider the features of its design and use.
Where does May sling come from?
May-sling was invented in Asian countries. In China and Japan, mothers used this bandage from the very first day of the child's life. The design of this design has nothing to do with the popular kangaroo backpack. May-sling is a rectangle made of rather dense fabric. Into the corners are sewn wide and long straps with a padded sintepon. Models of various designs allow you to cross the straps behind your mother's back, tie, fasten them, or wind up under your toddler. May sling can be equipped with various adaptations: pockets, clasps, rivets. Also, it can be colorfully decorated with embroidery or applique.
Many parents at the sight of this device are wondering about when to start using May-sling, at what age. Слингоконсультант is the specially trained expert who owns the full information on carryings for children. This person can give efficient advice on using a sling in a specific situation, pick up a suitable model and show a master class on wearing it.
What are the pluses of the May slings?
May sling, at what age it would be used, gives both parents and the child a number of advantages.
- The kid is constantly under the control of his mother, next to her. This is good for both. Mother calmly engaged in their own affairs, knowing that everything is in order with the child, he is full, dry, whole and unharmed. The baby from such close contact grows more confident and develops harmoniously.
- The warmth of the mother's body helps to get rid of intestinal colic and soothes the baby.
- The process of falling asleep becomes easier, and the dream next to the mother is more robust.
- With a child in May-Sling, the mother can freely carry out trips to public institutions, travel in any transport, even on a bicycle.
- You can feed your child without being distracted from household chores, and completely unnoticed by others.
- The May-slings design protects mom from back pain, since the load is distributed evenly.
- This device is compact and practical in use, easy to erase.
- The combination of convenience and beautiful design makes it particularly comfortable for a modern mom.
- The age at which May-sling can be used is from birth to 2-3 years.
- The kid is in a physiological position, widely diverging his legs. This is a good prevention of dysplasia.
- May sling, at what age the child you would not have started using it, is easy to learn and does not require special skills.
- There are many options for wearing a baby: face to yourself, on your side, on your back.
Small inconveniences in wearing a May slings are due to the fact that it does not have a comfortable lying position, so this device is not provided for a sleeping baby. To change the position of the child in such a carry, you need to untie the straps on the shoulders, which is also not entirely comfortable.
At what age can you start wearing a May sling?
That's it - the adaptation of May-sling. At what age can the child use it? Many people tend to believe that the lack of rigid fixation of the head in a horizontal position makes the use of this device in infants less than 4 months unacceptable.
But historical facts say the opposite: Chinese women and Japanese women used the May-sling from the birth of a child, and the large number of their nation confirms that it is absolutely harmless.
In addition, the latest studies of German orthopedists have proved the following: the optimal physiological fit for wearing a newborn baby is the frog pose with legs apart. This automatically brings clarity into the question of how old you can use sling. Applying this device, the mother provides comfortable conditions for the baby from the first days of life.
But there are some subtleties in providing comfort to the child. It is worth noting that this method of wearing requires a reliable fixation of the child's back, which can be achieved by pulling it to the mother. In a horizontal position, the child can sleep and eat. And it will be equally convenient for the baby and the one-year-old baby.
With vertical wearing, the weight of the child is distributed evenly over the back, the waist and the shoulders of the parent. All unpleasant sensations, thus, are reduced to a minimum, fatigue is not felt.
From what age it is possible to apply May-sling, solve to parents, but the child is comfortable in it from the first days of life. The back of the device is tight, but delicately presses the baby to the mother, the load is removed as much as possible. The straps, crossing on the back of the child, support the tender spine. The position of the baby is half-lying on the parent. The legs of the child are divorced in the sides and wrap around the belt of the mother.
The load on the spinal column is not in the downward direction, as in the kangaroo backpacks, but evenly over the thigh and the buttocks of the baby. A wide dilution of the legs contributes to the correction and prevention of dysplasia.
Having studied all these features, it is not necessary to puzzle over the question of the age at which a May-sling can be worn. Progressive world uses it from the first days of a baby's life and experiences only positive emotions from it.
Wearing a baby on his back in May sling
May sling is very convenient in wearing a baby on the back.Those who use this device in this way, they say that it is even easier to wear a baby than in front.
Experienced users of this type of device claim that the age from which you can carry a child in May-sling on the back is 3-4 months. It is then that parents experience the use of carrying and self-confidence. However, if some practice is already available, and the child is not the firstborn, you can safely start wearing it in May-sling on the back from the first days of life.
How to choose a good May Sling
Regardless of the age at which you use the May Sling, you have decided that there are some recommendations for choosing these devices. Following them, you will provide maximum comfort to the child and yourself. When choosing a suitable May-sling model, pay attention to the following details:
- Carrying straps should be at least 10-14 cm wide, inside of them must be sewn a sintepon. If you neglect such a design, the straps will bite into the shoulders and back and twist in the toes. A May-sling option is possible without a lining on the straps, but in this case their width should be at least 17 cm. The places where the upper straps are attached to the panel are additionally reinforced with sutures in the form of a triangle or square.
- The main part of the May slings is a cloth in the form of a square. Its width reaches 35-45 cm, and the height can be in the range of 45-60 cm. The dimensions here are not fundamental. In the same sling, both the infant and the one-year-old will feel comfortable. If the sling is longer than required, then this is easily solved by the bend of the waist strap.
- The fabric from which the May-sling is made must be as natural and breathable as possible. Cotton and material based on it are ideal. A slight inclusion of a synthetic thread is permissible if the child does not have an allergy. A very important requirement for tissues - they do not have to stretch.
Despite the disagreement of specialists about the age at which May-sling can be used, they all agree on the benefits of this device for both the child and the parents. This wonderful invention of man allows parents to lead an active lifestyle and be constantly next to their child.