Breast Pump Medela Harmony: types and reviews
The birth and upbringing of the baby is a very complex and time-consuming process. How much strength and emotion is required for moms to make a child grow up healthy and strong! Choosing breastfeeding, a woman often faces a number of difficulties: the inability to stay out of the house for a long time and leave the baby, having flat or drawn nipples, and the manual expression of milk is a laborious and time consuming process. All these problems are solved quite simply - the purchase of a breast pump. Only which device should I choose?
The company Medela - long and well-proven manufacturer. It has been presenting its products on the international market for decades. The bulk of the products are produced in the factories of Switzerland and the United States. However, the firm has branches in Europe, Asia and North America.
The peculiarity of the company's work is the use of innovative technologies. The quality of the products presented and the variety of models of breast pumps leave no one indifferent.
Device for manual expression of milk Medela
One of the most popular products of the company is the breast pump manual Medela Harmony. High customer demand is due to the presence of two-phase decantation technology. Such a unique function has no other breast pump companies-competitors.
What is a two-phase decantation?
The process of expressing breast milk with this breast pump includes:
Scientists have determined that during feeding the baby sucks breast milk in different ways. The first minutes he makes short sucking movements, thereby stimulating the production of milk. Only after the nutrient fluid begins to flow freely, the baby begins to suck, making deep and rare movements.
Given all the features of natural feeding, scientists were able to develop a two-phase system of expression. She also formed the basis for creating a one-of-a-kind breast pump with a similar function.
Pros of two-phase decantation
One can single out the advantages that the newest system offers:
- The process of expression takes place in a natural and milder way. The female breast is first prepared, after which the process of active expression begins.
- Expressing breast milk occurs for shorter periods than when using a manual single-phase breast pump.
- The use of such a system helps maintain a sufficient level of lactation in the nursing mother, because the breast pump repeats the same technique of movements as the child.
The principle of the Medela breast pump is a different use of the handle. In order to dissolve the breast, the woman presses on the elongated side of the handle, after which it starts using its reverse side for the purpose of more rapid and comfortable expression.
Feature of the product is that it is sold without a special nipple Medela. Breast pump manual Harmony without nipple takes up less space. Its cost is lower in comparison with some similar models.
The kit includes:
- Breast pump Medela Harmony biphasic. Thanks to the innovative technology it makes it possible to make the process of expressing comfortable and fast. The device can be used with other bottles that have the same neck diameter.
- Two types of funnel. The first is designed to stimulate the breast and facilitate the production of milk. It is made of soft silicone. The second funnel is made of plastic and allows you to express milk quickly and comfortably.
- Lever. Has a comfortable structure - it is mounted on the hinges. This allows the woman to choose a comfortable position, and pressing does not require much effort.
- Container for expressing milk. The bottle is made of medical polypropylene. It does not react with breast milk, which allows it not to lose its useful properties and stay fresh for a long time.
- Stand for the container.
Advantages of a breast pump
The Medela Harmony breast pump has many advantages, among which are:
- Use of the newest development of scientists and creation of a unique breast pump with a two-phase system of expression.
- Rapidity. Using the device allows you to spend much more time and effort on expressing, which means that your mother will have time for other things.
- Additional functions. The breast pump package includes an additional nozzle, which is perfect for rare strains.
- Convenience and comfort in using the device. The handle of the breast pump is conveniently adjustable, and thanks to the system of manual expression, the woman can control the speed of the process herself.
- Ease of operation. The Medela Harmony breast pump is easy to use, all its parts are easily completed, and also cleaned.
- Small size. The device is small in size and does not take up much space in any bag, and its ease of use makes it possible to use the Medela Harmony breast pump almost anywhere.
- Noiselessness. The device can be used even in one room with a sleeping baby.
How to use the Medela Harmony Breast Pump
In order for the process of decantation to pass quickly, comfortably and qualitatively, it is worth following certain recommendations and advice:
- Relax, do a light chest massage or take a warm shower. The process should not take more than 5 minutes. Massage movements are directed clockwise and from the periphery to the center of the chest.
- Rub the surface with your hands. Put one hand over your chest and the other under it. Make smooth movements in different directions.
- Slowly stroke the chest clockwise. This contributes to a better outflow of milk.
- Use spiraling movements, starting from the top and slowly moving to the nipple. Massage will help make the process of expression more rapid and enjoyable.
- After the massage is complete, you can start to express it. Attach the funnel to your chest, gently holding it. Always start the process from the preparation phase. At this point, the brain receives a signal that the baby needs milk, and the breasts are better prepared for the procedure. Only after the liquid begins to emit a trickle, you can proceed to the main stage.
- If at some point you notice that the milk starts to stand out worse or stops flowing completely, and the chest is still full, then do not panic. Suspend the pumping process and massage again.
How long does it take to express
The process of expression can take a different amount of time for different women. It all depends on the structure and characteristics of the breast. The thoracic ducts can be narrow and sinuous, which complicates the process of expressing. If the ducts are wide and straight, the procedure does not take much time. Quickly the milk leaves the breast.
End of procedure
After full emptying of the breast, disassemble the breast pump and wash all its parts in soapy water. Dry the unit well, after which it is recommended to wipe all the devices with a damp cloth to remove the remaining fat.
Medela Harmony, breast pump manual: reviews
The breast pump receives mostly positive customer feedback. Women are happy with the novelty - a system of two-phase decanting apparatus (breast pump Medela Harmony Basic). Reviews are also found on the convenience of the hinged handle, which facilitates comfortable and rapid decantation. The bottle, which comes in the kit, is perfect for feeding the baby. If necessary, move the feeding it can be put in the refrigerator.
Breast Pump Medela Harmony reviews are not only positive. Some mothers note the inconvenience of buying additional nipples for feeding, as well as the small size of the bottle (if there is a lot of milk). Many women note the high price of the goods.
Breastfeeding is the moment of unity between the baby and the mother, so it should bring joy to both. Medela was able to help mothers and facilitate the process of feeding and expressing milk, creating a universal breast pump.