Matte film for cars
Matte film for cars has appeared relatively recently. Gradually, it is gaining popularity due to its excellent protective properties and performance characteristics. It will allow car enthusiasts who have had to repaint their vehicle, hide paintwork defects, update the appearance, protect it from possible chipping and scratches, and find an almost perfect solution.
What is this - a matte film for cars?
This material is a vinyl film with a matte surface. This is a practical, reliable and technologically advanced solution. The abundance of colors allows you to give the car a unique and desirable look. The thickness of the coating allows you to protect the bumper, hood, roof, as well as other parts of the car. The lower layer is glued, having a permanent acrylic structure, on which there are special incisions (air channels) that facilitate the procedure for applying the film to the car.
After the matte film is glued to the car, the owner of the vehicle will get a saturated smooth color, as well as protection from:
- gravel, stones, rubble;
- light accidents;
- corrosive processes;
- ultraviolet radiation.
The price per linear meter of the decorative protective coating depends on the manufacturer and on the structure, but on average it is about 600 rubles for a conventional color film and 1200 rubles for a diamond crumb. The width of the film is different for different manufacturers, but is in the range of 1.5 meters, so the calculation of the required quantity and, accordingly, the price can be easily accomplished. The cost of a set of simple matte film and its labels in the companies involved in its implementation and installation, is about 45,000 rubles for a car and 60,000 rubles for an SUV.
How to paste it yourself?
It is possible not to resort to the services of companies that perform car wrapping with a decorative coating, as this procedure can be performed independently. But it should immediately provide that this is time-consuming in terms of time. In addition, it is advisable to invite an assistant.
- First you should thoroughly wash the car, so much so that it almost shines.
- Place where the matte film will be glued, it is necessary to degrease. For these purposes, "White Spirit" is suitable.
- Now you should attach the film to this place and mark it. This phase is best performed with an assistant. One applies and holds, and another draws.
- Cut out the workpiece.
- Further part of the body of the car, which will be made a film sticker, must be thoroughly moistened with a soapy water solution. This can be done with a sprayer or a sponge. Soap solution should cover the entire area being pasted.
- Carefully remove the paper substrate so that the film does not stick together with itself and just gently attach it to the body of the car. Rubber squeegee evenly roll it from the center to the edges, drying with a construction hair dryer.
- When all the film is rolled, dry it with a hair dryer and leave it in this state for 15 minutes.
- To complete the work, go through the film with felt squeegee to remove the remnants of soap solution and bubbles. If some bubbles have not disappeared, then they can be removed by warming up with a hairdryer or puncturing a needle and reapplying this area with a squeegee. Very small bubbles will disappear after the final drying within one or two weeks.