Master-class: making and description of the doll-parsley
Today there is not a single person who would have been a wonder glove doll. In modern puppet theaters, almost all the characters of the production are made on this principle: bears and monkeys, cows and people. However, the description of the doll-parsley is often blurred and incomplete.
Traditional glove doll
The main distinguishing feature of this kind of theatrical characters is the fact that the toy is worn on the arm, like a glove. The role of the neck is performed by the index finger, one arm or paw - large. The middle finger has the task of representing the second hand or paw, and the ring finger and little finger are simply pressed to the palm of your hand.
However, the description of the doll-parsley in some productions is changed. Some puppeteers prefer the option when his character "works" all four limbs.
Parsley run by several people
There are performances where large characters participate. Here, a trivial description of the parsley doll is not suitable, because they can not be put on hand. In order to set in motion such a character, not one but several people are required. Someone puts a doll's head on his hand, and someone gets the role of hands. And even sometimes someone is engaged in the legs of the character. Indeed, this is not all the well-known traditional glove-doll parsley.
Although, if you imagine a giant man with huge hands ... And his fingers should be the size of an ordinary man's hand! But in fairy tales, everything happens. Maybe that's why they are also called parsley? Or because all the same the roots of their origin also go back to glove puppets? After reading this description of the parsley doll, run by several people, you can also conclude: they are made using the same techniques as traditional "glove" artists. Here only patterns for them need to be increased many times.
History of parsley
Dolls, hoping for a hand, appeared in Russia later than in other countries. And the "trailblazer" was a farcical character in a cap with a tassel, dressed in a red shirt and wide canvas pants. The priest, the wit and the jester immediately fell in love with the representatives of the people. And the Russian people decided that Petrushka was a real peasant from their own tribe-family.
But historians, art historians believe that the first appeared Frenchman Polichinel, Neapolitan Pulcinella, Englishman Punch, Turk Karagez, Germans Casperle and Hansvust, Spaniard Don Cristobal and some others. However, all these characters are like our Petrushka only face, attire and habits. After all, they were managed with the help of threads. Our Petrushka was not originally a puppet.
But Guignol, who appeared in Lyons in the early nineteenth century, was closest to him. According to the technology of manufacturing and management, only he approached the "brothers" of our Petrushka. But the Russian people persistently consider this character a native of our people, not wishing to share this right with anyone else.
To date, all dolls that are put on hand are called parsley or glove. Children like to watch performances with their participation. Yes, and at home playing with a toy that knows how to cuddle and feels so warm and alive, is also very pleasant.
Master-class on making dolls-parsley
It is very important for the master to receive not only theory, but also practical advice. Therefore, here is published material for someone who is interested in knowing how to make parsley - a doll that is put on hand.
1. The first stage will be the making of a head. There are several ways:
- You can use the head from an old toy.
- You can make it out of papier-mâché, pasting a template from a plasticine with paper tiles. As a template, the shell from the egg, from which the contents are blown through a small hole, is also suitable. Nose, cheeks and other bulges can be stitched with clay.
- Beautifully look the heads of animals connected from the crocheted yarn.
- You can sew a cloth from the fabric of the future "prima" of a puppet homemade theater.
- Polymer clay is an excellent material for the creator of dolls.
- For a doll depicting a person, the variant of making a head made of capron pantyhose with a synthetic filler is the best choice.
2. The second step is to sew or tie a yarn out of a yarn for a doll. Before you start, you need to make a pattern of the product. To do this, put a palm on the fabric with the fingers spread out and place marks near the first phalanx of the middle (points A and B), the index finger (B and D) and the large (D and E) fingers on both sides. The letters near the points are arranged clockwise.
Then the points D and B, D and D connect the concave arcs. From the points A and E, lines are drawn down, sometimes with an extension - for the dress set "klesh". Symmetrical points near the phalanges are connected by straight lines. This option assumes the presence of "brushes" of the character, which are in the form of miniature mittens, stuffed with filler and sewed to the end sockets for the hands of the doll.
If the apparel is covered for an animal, curved arcs are used instead of straight ones.
The dress is stitched by folding the details face-down inside, then turning. The head is attached to the middle socket.
A ready-made parsley doll can be used to play in a theatrical setting, or you can simply use it as a toy for children.