The best remedy for rust on metal: a review, application features, manufacturers and reviews
Corrosion of metal is a chemical process that causes a lot of problems, because rust can appear on any metal surface. How to deal with it, and is there any good remedy for rust on metal? Let's try to understand the causes and consequences.
What are the ways?
During corrosion, the surface of the metal begins to oxidize, after which it breaks down. Do not notice these phenomena can not, because the surface quickly becomes covered with dark spots of brown color. You can try to deal with rust mechanically, that is, grinding the affected area with special disks or sandpaper. Of course, this is not the most effective anti-rust agent on metal, and under severe pressure, the treated area can be damaged. That's why experts advise using chemical compounds that help get rid of the problem, preventing its possible appearance in the future.
The most effective way to combat rust is to use various chemical compounds that successfully cope with even hard-to-reach areas of the body of a car or other metal surface. Any remedy for rust on metal is applied in a certain sequence:
- first the surface is degreased;
- it is processed by special formulations;
- the surface is washed several times;
- quality drying is carried out.
We use the rust converter
One of the popular special means that can fight against corrosion of metal is the converter. It is a compound that converts corrosion products into a protective film that appears on the surface to be treated and has good strength. According to reviews, converters are economical and effective. In addition, it is convenient to use them, since they are produced in the form of suspensions, emulsions or solutions.
Such a tool against rust on metal is ideal for processing metal structures of any type, but the condition is one - the layer of rust should not be thicker than 100 microns. Many good reviews about converters, which are based on film-forming substances. In addition, they contain inhibitors, pigments, biocides, which in complex increase the protective characteristics of coatings. Application of these compounds is carried out only on a carefully prepared surface with preliminary cleaning of loose and loose upper layers of rust.
A very good tool for fighting rust, according to those who faced the problem of corrosion of the body of the car. The basis of "Zincar" is based on compounds based on zinc and manganese. Using this tool against rust on metal, you can create an active protective coating on the surface of the material. This drug is characterized by its effectiveness, since it has a balanced composition. As users say, "Zincar" easily copes with the processing of any metal surfaces, from which it is necessary to remove corrosion damage and protect them from the effects of climatic factors. Among the merits, they note the ease of working with the composition, the transformation of rust, which can later be even painted. Of the minuses, many accentuate the inflated costs, toxicity and the need for accurate work.
It is also a popular chemical rust remover on metal. For the treatment of metal surfaces, a large number of primers can be used. They can be phosphating, passivating, insulating, projector and transforming. Among the most popular compositions among buyers are the following:
- EVA-0112 (TU 6-10-1234-79). This primer includes orthophosphoric acid in its composition, it is effective, especially if it is used in combination with a paint coating with epoxy resin in the composition. To improve the characteristics of the composition, you can add to it benzidine or barium carbonate.
- EP-0180 (TU 6-10-1658-82). This primer is ideal for use on surfaces where corrosion is uneven. As users note, when using this composition, a film is formed on the surface, which can act as an independent protective coating.
- EVA-01-GISI (TU 81-05-121-79). This composition is presented on the market in a large number of modifications, each of which has a special composition. So, EVA-07-GISI is resistant to moisture and biological factors, and EVA-016-GISI has unique protective properties.
- Modifier МС-0152 consists of various fillers, pigments, solvents. Probably, this is the best remedy for rust on metal, which can be used at negative temperatures. According to the reviews, it is precisely these tools that are ideal for independent use, since they are practical and versatile.
Any means that can save the metal surface from corrosion should be used competently. To do this, you must first thoroughly clean the surface of dust and dirt. Afterwards, a rust converter is applied to the surface to be treated using a brush or spray. Now you need to wait until it dries - at room temperature it takes a couple of hours. After complete drying, it is worth to evaluate the treated area and, if necessary, re-process it with a converter.
How to remove rust from auto?
Most often, corrosion occurs on the body of the car. You can not leave them, as the rust-affected area will only grow, and from the aesthetic point of view this is not the right decision. That's why many are trying to save their car, using a special tool against rust on metal. Auto after such treatment can even find the original form, especially if it is wise to choose the compositions for subsequent painting.
What means can remove traces of corrosion, we described above. The main thing is observance of safety precautions. And it includes the use of gloves, masks and glasses, a high-quality cover for the rest of the car, so that there are no traces left from the converters and primers. Of course, you can try to cope with the affected area with simple products - vinegar, soda, lemon juice, but similar home methods will not save from re-oxidation.
That is why it is better to buy a special tool for rust removal from metal, which will cope with damage more effectively. And it is even better to contact specialized services, where with this work they will cope even better.