Quartz watch Casio F-91W: a review, instructions, customer reviews
Most models of watches a few years after release lose their relevance, and they are replaced by more modern models. The exception to this rule is the Casio F-91W watch from the world famous electronics manufacturer. The first issue of the presented model took place in 1991, but despite this, they are still produced and in demand. They are popular due to their simplicity, reliability and unpretentiousness, clean design. The watch is made in several variants, one of which is Casio F-91W Gold in gold color. Detailed information about the watch, including their full description and detailed instructions, is presented in our article.
Watch Casio F-91W
The presented model is produced in the collection of Standard Digital. It is presented in black. The case and watch strap is made of polymer plastic - a rather durable and wear-resistant material. The rear metal cover indicates all the necessary information regarding the watch model and the manufacturer. The watch glass is made of transparent plastic.
Dimensions of the model are as follows: 33.2 x 38.2 x 8.5 mm. The weight of Casio F-91W watches is 21 g. The factories producing this model are located in China, Thailand and Japan. Thus, on sale it is possible to meet the hours received from any of the specified countries.
Characteristics of the model
Compared to the 1991 watch release, the modern Casio model has undergone some changes. To date, it has the following specifications:
- The water resistance of the model is 30 m, or 3 atm. This means that the watch will easily transfer accidental water ingress, they can wash hands and safely fall under a light rain.
- There is a gray dial of electronic (digital) type. Its feature is the presence of electroluminescent illumination.
- The mechanism is quartz. The Casio F-91W-1Q watch works on battery.
- The following functions are provided: alarm clock, calendar, stopwatch. And also there is a display of the date and days of the week.
- The time format is 12- or 24-hour.
Quartz watches come on sale in the original packaging with instruction in Russian or English and an international guarantee.
How to setup Casio F-91W: manual
To make all the necessary settings in the clock, you can use the instructions attached to the package. All actions are performed using the buttons on the case on the left and right.
- To enter the "Stopwatch" mode, you need to double-click on the bottom left button on the watch case. To start and stop the stopwatch, you need to press the right button. One press means the start of the stopwatch, and the second one stops the stopwatch. To exit the mode, use the upper left button.
- To enter the date and time settings, you must press the lower-left button three times. Pressing the upper right button selects what you want to change, that is, day, month, hour, minute, second. You can set the correct number using the bottom right button. When all the necessary settings have been made, press the left button on the bottom.
- To set the alarm, you must enter the corresponding mode by pressing the left button from the bottom. After that, press the lower right button. At the top of the dial should appear a symbol in the form of a bell. Set the time when the alarm should work, you can by pressing the top left button. At the same time, you can select the correct numeric value using the bottom right button.
And the last thing, you can turn on the electroluminescent backlight on the clock with the left button on top.
How to distinguish the original from forgery
The biggest problem faced by watch buyers from the Japanese manufacturer is to not buy a fake instead of the original. First of all, it is necessary to find out whether this model is being produced at the moment and how it is properly called. The name indicated on the official website of the manufacturer must be exactly the same as that found on the metal cover. Be sure to pay attention to the overall quality of performance. The case of the original Casio F-91W watch is cast neatly, the surface is smooth and smooth.
To determine the visual similarity of the original with a fake, you must use a photo posted on the manufacturer's website. It checks everything: from the size of the font and ending with the shape of the bolts that are used in the assembly of the model.
The presented watch model has been produced for 25 years. Over the years, their fans have become millions of people around the world. It's no surprise that they leave very positive reviews about their acquisition. Customers like this:
- casio F-91W watches are ideal for taxi drivers and bicyclists, as well as office workers;
- a plastic polymer strap is light and comfortable, does not rub your hand;
- in this model there are all necessary options (alarm clock, stopwatch, calendar);
- water resistance;
- quality battery included;
- original design.
Meanwhile, watch buyers note some drawbacks of this model. First of all, they are not satisfied with the power of electroluminescent illumination. They also do not like the sound signal that appears when you press the buttons.
It is worth noting that the majority of buyers who leave negative reviews about the watch model, acquired a fake. Meanwhile, how to distinguish the original from a fake, was considered in our article.