Rabbits of the butterfly breed
Our planet is home to many living beings. If you turn to the lesser brothers, then the person showed special care in relation to pets. Today, the owners start a variety of pets, but the most lovely and funny are the rabbits. They often become pets in return for traditional cats and dogs. For example, rabbits of the butterfly breed, the photos of which are presented below, conquered the hearts of all Europeans and gradually enter our homes.
Decorative breeds of rabbits
- Dwarf shorthaired rabbits. These are surprisingly cute and cute animals with a short flesh, a strong and small body, a dense back, a small neck and paws.
- Dwarf Dutch dwarf ornamental. The animal is different in that it has colored circles in the eyes. This coat is also marked on the back of the body, but the main shade remains white. The hind legs are decorated with "white socks".
- Angora rabbits. A miniature breed, the animal's body is barely visible behind the fur. The coloring is mostly white, but today breeding works are carried out to remove blue, red, black, gray colors. Funny tufts of wool always stick out on short and erect ears. Due to this feature, the breed looks funnier.
- Fox rabbits. The animals have a stocky body covered with long, soft hair. Ears erect with beautiful curvatures. Such an animal is usually called a "dwarf fox".
- Angora Lion. A very long coat is located throughout the animal's calf. Abundant fluff are covered even with ears, only on the muzzle fur is shorter. Color - reddish-brown.
- Lion head. The animal resembles a little lion. Representatives of this breed around the neck are concentrated wool, the muzzle has a mane, so the head seems bigger than it really is. Color can be any.
- Fold rabbit rabbit. Hanging ears make the animal pretty, with a claim to originality. One of the most manual breeds. Color can be yellow, brown, gray, blue, white, black.
- English, German, French lop-eared rabbits are decorative. The country in which the animal was bred influenced the name of the breed. All representatives of this group are marked by hanging ears and can have the most diverse color.
- Fire. An animal with soft, shiny hair of blue, black or brown color. It differs distinctive nostrils and circles under the eyes.
- Dwarfish hare. The animal is white with red eyes, but the color is diluted with dark spots of blue, brown or black on the tail, muzzle, paws.
- The Japanese rabbit. An animal with a surprisingly beautiful coloring. Almost symmetrically around the body are dark and yellowish stripes. The border of flowers passes strictly in the middle of the back: the left side should be yellow, the right side - dark, and vice versa.
- Polish ermine Germelin. An animal with a dense and soft fur. Germelin always has a white color. The rabbit has large eyes, a wide head, standing short ears.
- Rabbits of the butterfly breed. The animal has a beautiful back line, stocky calf and surprising coloration, which predetermined the name.
It is on the last breed that we should dwell in more detail, since it is one of the most popular.
The history of breeding rabbits
Such a variety was born for the first time in the XIX century, in one of the English counties. Rabbits of the butterfly breed immediately spread throughout the country, they gained real popularity with the owners of farms. It was the English breed that became the progenitor of other descendants, which resulted from selection.
In Soviet Russia, large-sized rabbits of the butterfly breed were used for meat-packing, but now they have taken a somewhat different - decorative - function.
Features of the breed
- Specific color. If you look at the tip of the animal's nose, you can see a large butterfly of black or brown, blue, gray hue, which depends on its variety.
- The weight of the decorative animal does not exceed 2 kg. If rabbits are divorced on the farm, their weight can reach 5 kg.
- Samochki have excellent fertility and milk. They quickly get used to the surrounding conditions.
- The coat is characterized by medium density, it is short, elastic and shiny, pleasant and dense to the touch.
- Each eye of the animal is framed by a dark border, which complements the drawing of the cheeks, ears and nose. The color of the ears and eyes corresponds to the color, but on the cheeks there are small pigment areas, located strictly symmetrical.
- Rabbits of the butterfly breed have a gentle disposition, they are not afraid and very like children because of their cute appearance and unusual coloring.
Care and Content Rules
A faithful, handsome beast will fill the house with joy, regardless of whether there are children in the family or not. Animals are tender even to adults, but the maintenance of pets requires close attention. Rabbits are decorative, reviews about which sound quite often, unpretentious, but require responsibility.
What you need to know
- rabbits are tender and sensitive creatures, they should not be subjected to stress. It is strictly forbidden to take them by the withers and ears;
- the animal becomes more obedient, if it is often played with;
- the cell should not be less than 70 cm. Unacceptable content factors - cold, stuffiness, drafts. The cell should be located away from batteries, air conditioners, doors and windows. You can put the house of a rabbit on a low curb. Full cleaning and disinfection is carried out at least once a month;
- the animal needs a wood litter, its replacement is carried out twice a week. It is advisable to equip a burrow with a carpet-bed;
- the animal is a nocturnal animal; in the daytime it rests more;
- the pet should be washed as necessary, the rabbit himself takes care of himself;
- a feeder for loose food must be equipped with a fixer. Under the hay is used a hay. The water in the water bowl changes once a day;
- shearing nails - once a month;
- a monthly check of bite is desirable, since teeth in rabbits are a weak spot.
Competent maintenance of decorative rabbits can not be organized without a proper diet. The main food of the pet is hay, cereals. Juicy foods are a treat. It is recommended to immediately accustom the animal to specialized feeds, they have an optimal balance of microelements and vitamins. It is better to give greens in small portions, for example, on a twig of parsley or dill a day.
Vaccination and deworming
The procedures are carried out according to the terms with strict agreement with the veterinarian. At the slightest suspicion that the animal is unwell, it is better to call a specialist at home. Transportation to the clinic is carried out only in special cases, as this is stress for the animal.
Owners of domestic animals admit that the sweetest and most direct creatures are decorative rabbits. Reviews of all breeds sound in a purely positive way:
- the animal perfectly merges into the family and becomes a universal favorite. However, it is necessary to be cautious when there are small children in the house, it can not be squeezed and pulled;
- rabbits of decorative rocks are like soft toys, especially when they are small. They are so unpretentious that they are suitable for keeping even workaholics;
- this is a very smart animal, if you deal with it from an early age, he is able to perform even some tricks.
Cost of pets
If we consider such a popular breed as a rabbit butterfly, the price for one individual is on average 400-450 rubles. The remaining varieties of ornamental rabbits can be purchased from 300 to 500 rubles.
Instead of completing
Give yourself joy and a lot of positive emotions easily - let the rabbit come to your house. Let him become a pet, loved by all household members, and fills everyone with care and tenderness.