Correction of dyslexia in younger schoolchildren: exercise
In the world there is a large number of childhood diseases. One of these diseases is dyslexia. How to treat this disease? She is treated in Russia, and is treated quite successfully. In order not to start this disease, it is necessary to know its initial symptoms, and then to understand what kind of treatment will suit the child. This article will tell parents what a correction of dyslexia in younger schoolchildren exists, the exercises for correction will also be considered. And now about everything in order.
Dyslexia: what is it?
It will be useful for young parents to know what the problem is in general. By itself, dyslexia is a disease in which the child is difficult to perceive numbers and letters.
A child is able to distinguish between them, to know, but because of illness there are moments when he can not understand their meaning.
When does the disease appear?
Answering the question: "Dyslexia, what is it?" - it is necessary to understand when this disease manifests itself. Basically, it occurs in children who have just gone to school. Because of illness, it is more difficult for children to perceive the information given by the teacher.
It is worth noting that the information that the student listens to and perceives by ear, is assimilated to them many times better than that which he takes from his textbooks. A child can change words in the text in places or perceive them as inverted, in addition, he can confuse numbers and letters. In this regard, the students have low scores in school, poor performance in general. They are less active than their peers.
Symptoms of dyslexia
Each parent needs to know the basic symptoms of dyslexia in order to begin treatment at an early stage. Also these symptoms will help to understand what kind of illness the child currently has. So, the symptoms of dyslexia in medicine are the following:
- Clumsiness and problems in coordination.
- Difficulties in accepting information and in processing it.
- Various problems in the assimilation of words.
- Failure to understand the information that was read by the child in the text.
These are the main symptoms of the disease. But there are others. They are less noticeable, but they should also pay attention.
Other symptoms of dyslexia
- Despite the poor reading skills, the child's intelligence is well developed.
- There may be any problems with the vision of the child.
- There are difficulties in writing, namely illegible handwriting.
- Errors in writing or reading, namely omissions of letters or their permutation.
- Bad memory.
Varieties of the disease
In medicine, there are several varieties of the disease. They are known by doctors, but parents need their understanding. So, the types of dyslexia exist as follows:
- Mystical dyslexia. A distinctive feature of this type is that a child who has this type of disease, it is difficult to work with letters: he does not understand which of the sounds corresponds to a particular letter.
- Agramatic dyslexia. This kind is expressed in the change of case endings, the child has difficulties in declining the word by case. In addition, he hardly changes the words by birth. This type of dyslexia often occurs in children with systemic speech underdevelopment.
- Phonemic dyslexia. This kind of disease is expressed in the mixing of sounds by the child while listening to the words that dictate to him. In general, they are sounds that differ in one sense. In addition, the child reads the words in letters, and he can also rearrange syllables and letters.
- Semantic dyslexia. This kind is manifested in the fact that the child reads the text absolutely correctly, but understanding it is erroneous. Words when reading the text are perceived absolutely in an isolated form, then this leads to a loss of communication with the rest of the lexemes.
- Optical dyslexia. This last type of dyslexia is expressed in difficulty in mastering, as well as mixing similar graphic letters.
Correction of dyslexia in younger schoolchildren, exercises that are conducted with specialists, can help a child and his parents cure a disease of any kind and any complexity.
Dyslexia: methods of correction
Any disease must be treated. And to begin this process better as soon as possible. As already mentioned above, the correction of dyslexia in younger schoolchildren, the exercises aimed at combating it, can help to cope with the child with this ailment. But this is a rather complicated process. Unfortunately, the correction of dyslexia in Moscow is just under force. In other cities, this disease is not treated. The procedure for correcting dyslexia can take several forms. Next, we will talk about absolutely all the techniques and exercises that exist at the moment in medicine.
The Davis method
A great popularity in this sphere of treatment was acquired by the correction of dyslexia in the Davis system. Invented this method, as one can already understand by name, researcher Ronald Davies. He was very well acquainted with this disease, since he himself suffered as a child. His technique has several stages, each of which plays an important role in the treatment of dyslexia. Thanks to them, the child gradually develops his thinking, memory and attention.
Many experts and parents had time to appreciate the entire positive effect of this method.
Stages of the Davis method
- The very first stage is comfort. The child should be in a zone of comfort, without experiencing any inconvenience.
- The next stage is work on coordination. This stage helps the child to understand such concepts as right-left, top-bottom. This requires a rubber ball, in the future they will need two. These balls are capable of producing pleasant sounds at the moment when they touch the child's hand.
- Cognition of symbols with the help of modeling. The child is given plasticine, from which, together with the teacher, he must blind the letters, numbers and various syllables. Thanks to this, the child learns the symbols better, because he can touch them and even sniff them.
- The last and most important stage is reading. It is divided into three segments. In the first child, you must learn to translate your eyes from left to right and recognize groups of letters. In the second, the ability to translate one's view from left to right occurs. And the third section -includes work on understanding the meaning of one sentence, and then the entire text.
Parents' comments on the Davis technique
Reviews about this technique are mostly positive. Parents note the increase in the progress of children at school, as well as their progress in reading. They can perceive on 50, and some and on 60 pages in day. The schoolboy begins to write more legibly than before the treatment. And the child himself becomes more active. It is easier to raise it early in the morning to school, although earlier, as they say, they managed to do it with great difficulty.
Of course, to use this technique or not, it's up to you, but many parents have already confirmed that it helps, whose children, unfortunately, are familiar with this ailment.
Classes and exercises for the correction of dyslexia
In Moscow, there is a huge number of centers that give the opportunity to attend classes with a speech therapist to correct dyslexia. It is these specialists who use Davis' method mentioned above. In addition, the speech therapist can advise parents exactly those exercises that are suitable for the child most. Of course, for these visits you need to pay a sufficient amount of money. The minimum price for one visit is 1500 rubles. In some clinics, even more - 2300 rubles.
Of course, you can go the other way - to be a child yourself. For this, there are a large number of different exercises that help to effectively combat dyslexia. To begin with, the methods used by speech therapists in the fight against dyslexia will be examined.
Exercises that are conducted with speech therapists
Every doctor, before starting a lesson with a child, looks at what kind of dyslexia he has. All because for each kind of selected their own specific methods. Below are the exercises that relate to this or that kind of dyslexia:
- Exercises with phonemic dyslexia. Work with this type takes place in two stages. The first is to clarify the articulation. Before the mirror, the speech therapist shows the child how the language should be located, how to open the mouth when the specific sound is pronounced. When this stage is passed and the child understands the mechanics of pronunciation, the second stage begins. The meaning of it is to compare the various mixed sounds in both pronunciation and listening. The task assigned to the child is gradually becoming more complicated.
- Exercises for agramatic dyslexia. Specialists solve this problem with the help of compiling with the child first small, and then longer sentences. This helps him to learn how to change words by numbers, sorts, and also by cases.
- Exercises for mnestic dyslexia. The speech therapist uses in his work for this type of disease objects that are as close to a letter as possible. At the same time, the model can produce various sounds that will help the child understand which letter is meant.
- Exercises for optical dyslexia. Here the speech therapist puts before the child the task of finding the necessary letter. It can hide in the drawing, you need to draw it or finish it. Also used molding from plasticine, writing letters from the counting sticks.
- Exercises for semantic dyslexia. The task that the speech therapist faces in this situation is to help the child understand the meaning of this or that word. In addition, it is necessary to ensure that the student understands the meaning of the text read. Understanding of it is made at the expense of pictures or any questions on it.
A large list of species has the disease. Correction of dyslexia in younger schoolchildren, exercises are closely related to these species. After all, thanks to them, experts know which methods to use.
Correction of dysgraphy and dyslexia of younger schoolchildren: exercises
So, it's time to talk about exercises that help in the fight against dyslexia. They are effective, and if you engage in a child every day, you can achieve good results:
- Tongue Twisters. Yes, their pronunciation helps the child very much. The fact is that in themselves, tongue twisters are a sequence of words similar in sounding. Thanks to this, the child can feel the difference. You can also try reading the words in reverse order.
- Pronouncing various sounds. Parents should explain to the child that he should speak first consonants, and then vowels in absolutely any order. Moreover, it is necessary to do this on exhalation. After a while, it is necessary to mix vowels and consonants.
- Gymnastics for articulation. Various breathing exercises are performed. They are a warm-up before correcting dyslexia.
- A rubber ball. Here it is necessary to teach the child to read by syllables. The ball is needed so that when the child pronounces the syllable, he squeezes it with all his fingers.
- Exercise "Tug". The meaning of it is that one of the parents should read the text together with the child. First, the kid and the adult read together aloud, and then each one to himself. It is important to remember that parents should adapt to the speed of reading a child, tk. he can not keep up with the adult.
- The last exercise is repeated reading of the text. The child is given an excerpt, and within a minute he reads it. When a minute passes, a mark is placed on the place where the child stopped. Then, after a short time, he must again read the same piece. Parents, in turn, should monitor the dynamics of reading, then, more or less this time the kid realized. It is important to remember that you need to read the text many times a day, but with interruptions.
These exercises can and should be done at home every day. There will be no immediate result, but improvements in development will eventually manifest themselves to a large extent.
Correction of dyslexia in younger schoolchildren, exercises to combat it are widely practiced in various countries of the world. Unfortunately, there are quite a few special institutions in Russia.
Prices for speech therapist services are relatively low. Therefore, it is possible and necessary to treat a child in Russia. The result will be and will be fixed forever. Thanks to special exercises, the child's activity will grow, and his progress at school will improve. Dyslexia is a disease that can be cured.