Feeding an Artificial Newborn: Basic Rules
When a baby from the first days of life is fed by mother's milk - this is natural. Such food, created by nature itself, gives the small organism all the important microelements and vitamins. However, there are situations when it is necessary to feed an artificial newborn.
Why does this happen?
The reasons for this may be several:
- lack or insufficient milk from a woman;
- the mother has mental disorders;
- diseases of the cardiovascular system;
- severe course of pregnancy;
- taking medicines;
- metabolic disorders in the child.
Also artificial feeding of a newborn can be caused by various social and household reasons:
- impossibility of breastfeeding in connection with work or study;
- failure of the baby from the breast;
- a bad weight gain in the newborn;
- the mother's unwillingness to breastfeed.
Almost all of the above reasons can be overcome if desired and refuse to switch to an artificial newborn. But if still breastfeeding is not possible, it is recommended to consult with the pediatrician about the rules of using the mixtures.
The artificial feeding of a newborn baby: how to choose a mixture?
The gastrointestinal tract and the enzyme system of the baby are still imperfect. Therefore, it is very important to choose a quality mixture.
Before buying a product, you need to carefully study the label. To feed the artificial newborn brought only benefit, manufacturers tried to create a quality analogue of breast milk.
- Proteins. This component, present in the mixtures, plays a very important role not only for the growth of tissues of a small organism, but also participates in the synthesis of amino acids.
- Carbohydrates. To adapt carbohydrates, lactose is added to the mixture. It improves the absorption of minerals, as well as the work of the intestines.
- Fats. Mixtures include polyunsaturated fatty acids, which are present only in vegetable fats. The physical development of the child and the formation of brain structures depend on them.
- Amino acids. Taurine and carnitine are needed for a balanced diet. They are necessarily added to the adapted mixtures.
- Oligosaccharides (prebiotic fibers). They increase the growth of beneficial bifidobacteria in the intestine. It reliably protects the baby from infections, allergies, dysbiosis.
Feeding the artificial newborn: how to organize the process?
To feed from the bottle has brought the maximum benefit, you must adhere to the following rules:
- Choose a quality mixture that meets all the needs of the child.
- Strictly observe the rules for preparation of the product indicated on the package.
- Keep clean the dishes for feeding.
- If the baby is breastfed and the mixture serves as a complementary feed, then feeding the crumb with artificial feeding should only be after applying to the chest, and not vice versa.
- If the baby has an allergic reaction in the form of rashes on the skin, it is necessary to cancel this mixture and after consultation with the pediatrician to choose a more suitable option.
If feeding an artificial newborn is a necessity, then you should do everything possible so that the little one does not feel the change. To an artificial baby, the warmth and embrace of the mother are needed especially. It is necessary as often as possible to take the baby in his arms, talk with him, during the feeding must make eye contact.
Quality nutrition, communication and love - that's what the kid needs for harmonious development.