Cyanoacrylate adhesive: description and application
Nowadays, the car is no longer a luxury, it has become an indispensable attribute of a resident of a large metropolis, which guarantees mobility and comfort of movement around the city. In addition to comfort, any vehicle must be safe for passengers.
Safety is affected by various factors, for example, the quality of rubber, the correct selection of seasonal tires. In winter, it is necessary to use a special studded rubber, the prototypes of which appeared at the beginning of the last century in Scandinavia.
How to increase traffic safety with cyanoacrylate adhesive
To improve the stability of the car when traveling on an icy (ice-covered) road, bolts were installed in the through holes of rubber, fixing them was done with nuts ("thorns"). Such designs had considerable weight, were short-lived, unreliable. During its existence, winter tires have undergone numerous changes, improving the technology of its manufacture.
When installing studs on winter tires, the pressing method (mechanical method) is used. In the process of operation there is a deformation of the rubber, the geometry of the nests intended for fitting the studs is disturbed. As a result, the probability of spines falling out is high, which will lead to a decrease in the quality of traction of the roadway with the wheels of the machine, to an increase in the braking distance. To increase the strength of fastening studs with a tread, manufacturers of winter rubber use cyanoacrylate adhesive Permabond - a special adhesive material.
Cyanoacrylate second glue has the following specifications:
- excellent adhesion to metal and rubber;
- fast curing;
- large operating temperature range.
For example, glue cyanoacrylate Permabond s791 has all of the above listed characteristics, it can be used to install spikes on automobile tires. It has a certain viscosity, so it fills all the free space between the surfaces to be joined, without penetrating the micropores of the tire, preventing excess flow.
In practice, we managed to prove that permabond cyanoacrylate adhesive allows us to obtain greater strength of joints than the rubber coating itself. The glue is able to function at temperatures from -40 to +120 degrees Celsius. Before you put metal spikes on tires, you need to take the glue cyanoacrylate, distribute it evenly between the surface of the tread and spikes. Before the glue is completely cured, it is enough to wait 10-15 seconds.
Adhesive cyanoacrylate Permabond C791 guarantees superfast and high-quality gluing of such materials:
The composition is optimal in case of need to collect small parts. Cyanoacrylate glue "Moment" has a low viscosity, so it easily penetrates into porous materials, increases the adhesion strength of the glued surfaces. It is used in the manufacture of street lamps, reliably protecting them from dust and excessive moisture. For reliable sealing of rubber seals and plafonds, it is the cyanoacrylate adhesive that is used.
Benefits of composition
The main positive characteristics that favorably distinguish the cyanoacrylate glue from other types of glue:
- instant solidification;
- fast set of maximum strength;
- compatibility with various materials;
- simplicity of operation;
- absence of additional solvents.
How to use cyanoacrylate adhesive
Before the glue is applied directly, the surfaces to be glued are thoroughly cleaned, dried, and degreased. To improve the quality of the gluing, you can use a special cleaner. Surfaces that have a normal roughness will give a grip higher than primed or polished. In order to shorten the curing time, in particular on inert surfaces, take Kernil cyanoacrylate adhesive. It is recognized as universal, with its help you can solve the most stringent conditions of assembly and production.
Principle of the composition
Permabond cyanocrylate adhesives are one-component modern adhesives that solidify due to the interaction on the surface of the materials to be bonded with an insignificant volume of moisture. The chemical formula of such adhesives has been specially developed for the qualitative connection of rubbers, plastics, metals, so it takes a few seconds and room temperature to ensure that the composition has fulfilled its direct functional purpose.
Medium and low viscosity cyanocrylates
Such adhesives allow:
- excellent to glue together rubber, wooden, plastic materials;
- to combine rubber and metal, plastic and metal;
- protect parts from internal corrosion.
High viscosity cyanoacrylates
Such adhesives guarantee:
- use on porous and vertical surfaces;
- possibility of filling gaps up to 0.5 mm;
- minimum curing time;
- high-strength adhesion (up to 25 MPa).
On primers and catalysts Permabond
The use of a primer enhances adhesion. Priming treatment is necessary to accelerate the time of solidification of the adhesive, as well as to fill the gaps at the surfaces to be bonded.
The main advantages of primers are:
- acceleration of the glue application procedure after surface treatment with a primer;
- gluing of dissimilar materials;
- resistance to high temperatures;
- no odor, incombustibility;
- durability, reliability, corrosion resistance.
How to remove cyanoacrylate adhesive
Many people are worried about the question of how to wash off cyanoacrylate glue. To do this, you can use special solvents or try a conventional cleaner to remove varnish. It all depends on what kind of surface you need to remove the compound, so first you need to apply a small amount of glue on the surface to test the reaction to the product, and only then proceed to complete elimination.
Varieties of Permabond
Manufacturers of Permabond have developed many different adhesives that help to secure different parts securely. We list some of them:
- Permabond 735 is black in color, has improved impact characteristics as well as tensile strength. With it, you can connect steel, aluminum, rubber, plastic.
- Permabond CSA accelerates solidification, gives the edge a certain shape, glues the porous surfaces. Manufacturers offer this composition in the form of aerosols, so it is convenient to apply to the surfaces to be glued.
- Permabond 2010 is recognized as an ideal means for joining porous surfaces, it is also suitable for connecting inverted and vertical materials.
- Permabond 2011 does not spread, it is suitable for joining complex surfaces. In particular, it is perfect for curly modeling of various materials or, for example, for restoring elements of kitchen utensils. Just imagine how ugly looks on the newly glued favorite brewer brilliant flow. With this composition of his education can easily be avoided.
- Permabond 4 C20 is a one-component, easily polymerized under pressure to form a thin film between the parts to be bonded. Designed for use on high-speed high-speed lines to improve performance. With it, you can glue various plastics, metals, rubber, used in the manufacture of medical equipment.
As you can see, the variety of the composition is huge. In particular, they are pleased with their wide functional capabilities. Therefore, in any life situation, you can choose exactly the option that will be optimal for connecting parts. And if in some cases an ordinary PVA glue comes up, then in complex restoration work without cyanoacrylate one can not do it, because it reliably fixes the parts with the guarantee that they will be able to perform their functions for a long time. The main task of the buyer is not to get caught in a low-quality counterfeit, as recently there are selling a lot of cheap substitutes, which are able to glue together a couple of sheets of paper. No matter what kind of wood, and even more so the metal, this is not the case here. Purchase the compound only in a tested building store.