Cesarean or natural childbirth? Large fetus is an indication for caesarean section
The holy duty of every woman is to become a mother. Sooner or later, most women of childbearing age decide this. And, having already gone through almost the whole period of pregnancy, the lady starts to think about the birth: how quickly they will pass, how painful it will be during the fights and everything will be in order. This is especially true for women who are going to give birth for the first time. In this article I would like to touch upon such a topic: "What is better: cesarean or natural birth, and do our women have a choice?".
The situation in the world
If you take a short look at the history, you can say that the birth through surgical intervention has existed for a very long time and has been quite successfully practiced. Especially widespread they were after the invention and successful use of anesthesia, during which the operation in general was painless and did not bring the woman a huge pain. It's worth mentioning that a little over ten years ago, in 2003, the Americans decided that women should have the freedom to choose what is best for them: cesarean or natural birth. Those. The lady herself chooses that way of birth of the baby, which she likes more. And every year the percentage of women who decide to give birth through the operation, is growing rapidly. The figures and articles of American gynecologists also contribute to this. For example, the doctor of the University of Louisville Science Center states that for 10 thousand deliveries made through surgery, there were 17% fewer complications than women who decided to give birth naturally.
The situation in our country
Unfortunately, a woman can not choose her own cesarean or natural birth in our country. This has not yet been approved by law. The operation can be prescribed to a pregnant woman solely on medical indicators, and nothing else. This decision is made at a consultation of doctors, where three to five specialists are involved. Although it is worth saying that today the number of pregnant women who would like to get rid of birth pains through the birth of a baby through cesarean section also increases.
Comparison: the advantages of natural childbirth
- If a woman has for some reason the opportunity to choose how to give birth, she must take into account many different factors. So, first, she needs to remember that everything that nature has given, a person can endure, no matter how hard it may be. Moreover, the name itself should tell the lady how to act properly, because the birth is "natural". Everything is provided by nature in order for the child to appear in the light through the birth canal.
- The operation is, of course, not painful. However, we should not forget that there is also a postoperative recovery period. Thus, with cesarean section, the abdominal wall of the uterus is cut, its natural integrity is violated. The next month after the operation, the woman will be physically restricted, and the first couple of weeks will generally need additional help. Also, for some time, she will experience pain in the abdomen. After the same natural birth (if everything went well) the woman on the second day is completely independent.
- Women can also be afraid of ruptures during natural childbirth. This, of course, is unpleasant and quite painful, but the healing process is much faster than after cesarean section.
- If a woman wants to choose: cesarean or natural delivery, she should think about her beauty. After all, the scar from the operation will remain on the body forever. Moreover, after cesarean to remove a little impending tummy is much more difficult, rather than after natural childbirth. Also later, you can start to do various physical exercises and give a load to your body.
- If a woman is assigned to the first delivery operation, she is most likely to continue to deliver all the subsequent cases by caesarean section. There is already no choice in her.
- Even than natural childbirth is better than cesarean? Here comes the psychological component: the experts say that children who do not pass through the birth canal are by nature more soft and less punchy than those that were born naturally. After all, giving birth is a huge experience that is simply necessary for a child.
Comparison: the benefits of caesarean section
- It is worth saying that the caesarean section also has its advantages. So, first of all, this is the complete absence of pain in the process of the birth of a child. A woman and a baby can see, and do not feel pain. And it's always nice.
- You can set a date for a planned caesarean in advance. So, a woman can have time to collect a bag, to come to the hospital, to prepare mentally. Natural births are rapid, when the ladies do not have time to reach the hospital and give birth at home or in the car.
It is worth saying that childbirth naturally requires a woman to prepare. The main rule: in time to become registered in the women's consultation and undergo all scheduled examinations with specialists. This is the first point, how a woman should prepare for childbirth. What else can you envisage? The main thing is a correct psychological attitude, i.e. the willingness of a woman to endure all the torments of the birth of her own baby. To this you need to prepare in advance, setting yourself up exclusively for a favorable outcome. If you have any specific questions, today you can get answers to them in various ways, even independently digging in a certain literature. Preparation for natural childbirth can also take place on special courses, which are so popular today. This is a great way to learn about what can be needed during childbirth, what you need to know and what to be able to do. They teach how to behave properly during fights: how to help yourself to ease the pain, what breathing techniques to use, what to choose poses, etc. Also, these courses are useful if a woman wants to give birth together with her man. This, by the way, is another very big plus of natural births. A husband can greatly help his wife during labor, besides he is with the child during his birth, thus becoming closer to the baby. As for the moment that a man after all seen can reject a woman, seeing how a child is born: this is a myth, it happens very rarely and, most likely, regardless of whether the husband saw the moment of the birth of his baby. In addition, in our country, a man does not look at birth to a woman in the crotch with the camera, but just stands at her head, maintaining morally. And lastly, how a woman can prepare for a natural birth: to collect all that is necessary, that she may need in the hospital. These are certain things for themselves and the baby, as well as a package of medications (if the woman does not have health insurance). Unfortunately, this is still practiced, because the medical field is not fully provided from the state treasury with all the necessary medicines.
About Caesarean section
If a woman wants to choose: a cesarean section or natural delivery, she should know that the operation itself is of two kinds. The first is planned, when the expectant mother is warned about this before the birth and she prepares for the operation in advance. It is spent approximately on 38-39 weeks of pregnancy, before the woman can begin fights naturally. The second type is an emergency cesarean section. It can be prescribed during the most labor activity, when the pregnant woman plans to give birth in the usual way, but in the course of the case there are certain complications and the patient is sent for surgery.
Indications from the mother
It should be said that there are indications for cesarean section from the side of the mother and from the side of the fetus, they can be absolute and relative. So when can a woman be accurately assigned to a "cesarean section" operation?
- Narrow pelvis, if the third or fourth degree of narrowing.
- Full placenta previa, when it simply becomes impossible to pass the baby through the birth canal.
- Rupture of the uterus, when an emergency operation is prescribed.
- Bleeding from the genital tract.
- Situations with the placenta: incomplete its presentation, detachment, when the placenta partially or completely blocks the way out to the child - all this becomes an indicator for the caesarean section.
- Various complications during pregnancy.
- Problems with the health of the mother: varicose veins, severe myopia, diseases of the cardiovascular system.
There are also situations where a woman may be recommended a cesarean section for medical reasons. However, in this situation, a woman can risk and give birth naturally.
- Clinically narrow pelvis.
- Weak female activity of the woman, when there can be various complications.
- The first birth of a woman who is over 30 years old.
- Long-term infertility.
- Hypoxia of the fetus, when the child is sorely lacking in oxygen.
- Mature pregnancy.
- Previous births were by caesarean section.
Indications from the fetus
The operation "caesarean section" can be prescribed also according to the parameters of the child. So, they (indicators) can also be relative and absolute.
- Pelvic presentation of a crumb, whose weight exceeds three and a half kilograms.
- Multiple pregnancy.
- Large fetus: an indication for caesarean section.
- Acute hypoxia of the fetus, when the immediate birth of a child by natural means is not possible.
- The transverse position of the fetus after the water has departed.
- Incorrect position of the child's head (it should be tightly pressed against the chest by the chin, wrong position of the head when the child goes with the forehead or face).
- Death of the mother, when the child remains alive in the womb.
The most common relative indicators
What if the woman has a large fruit? Indications for cesarean section may be an option, but this does not always happen. If everything is normal on the basic indicators, besides the pelvis is normal, not narrow, most likely, the woman will try to give birth independently. The same applies to a child with many children. If a woman, for example, twins, cesarean or natural birth have a place to be. Again, everything will be decided by a doctor who is registered with a pregnant woman. In this situation, a set of causes is considered, and not only that the woman has a multiple pregnancy. In most cases, such births are absolutely normal and without any complications.
If a woman thinks that the postoperative period leaves no traces behind her, as happens with natural childbirth, she is deeply mistaken. If you have a cesarean, the consequences are what you need to think about. So, the first nuance: the period of healing of sutures. It lasts quite a long time, for a woman within two years after the operation it is highly advisable not to become pregnant or have abortions - this will negatively affect the scarring of the tissue of the abdominal wall of the uterus. Another problem can be various inflammatory processes, infection of the uterus and other organs located nearby. It is also important to understand that for a while there will be problems with the work of the intestine. And, of course, the mother's connection with the baby, which is born by the operation, is completely different, weaker than in those children who are born the way nature itself prescribed.
Also, women may be interested in the question of whether natural births are possible after cesarean. The testimonies of those who give birth are different, because most women after the first operation should give birth to babies further in the same way - through caesarean section. However, some women claim that they gave birth on their own. So where is the truth? There may be several options, because you need to consider all the factors. So, basically doctors insure the future mother from possible ruptures and suggest the next time to give birth again with the help of Caesarean. However, if the first birth was simply severe, and the operation was prescribed urgently, there were no other indications, such as certain diseases from the pregnant or fetal side, also enough time after the first pregnancy, the uterus stitches completely healed and reliable, the woman could be offered the opportunity to give birth independently. Often, such births are normal, but in most cases, after all, doctors recommend that you re-do the operation "Caesarean section" in order to be safe and protect the woman from various problems and complications.