Ceramic forms for baking: description, characteristics, reviews
Few in our time there are people who would not cook food in ovens or microwave ovens. To please the family is not only tasty, but also a useful dish, you need to think about buying eco-friendly cookware. In addition, each hostess needs to choose a convenient capacity that will fit the interior of the kitchen and will not be difficult to maintain. In this situation, ceramic molds for baking will come to the rescue. Of course, the principle of the action of utensils for baking or cooking the birds is the same, but there are still some differences that you should pay attention to when buying forms.
Clay products have long been used by man for cooking. Ceramic forms are a modern representation of pottery. Actually, clay is the very first material that was used to make containers for cooking and storing food. The advantage of such dishes is in the porosity of the walls, which allows the products to languish, reaching the necessary condition. At the same time, the maximum amount of nutrients and vitamins is preserved in dishes.
Most often in the kitchens there is a rectangular (square) or round form for baking. Ceramic, with or without lid, with handles of various configurations or without them - this is the individual choice of each hostess. The uniformity of the forms is easy to explain: it is easier to wash these dishes, you can put any dish in it and most easily place them in the oven.
Forms for baking are very diverse, here you can find complex shapes in the form of animals, and utensils with patterns to create an original pattern, and with wavy edges, and so on. There are also very small molds, in which muffins are baked, and large cakes for celebratory cakes. Forms for baking are available in various colors, so they can even be served on the table - they will not spoil the festive table at all.
Despite the great variety of bread in the shops, the housewives prefer to bake it at home. The ceramic form for bread has a standard "bread" look. However, recently new types of forms began to appear - triangular, round, baguette. Standard dishes, in which bread is baked, can have ribbed or smooth walls.
It is difficult to unequivocally answer the question about which ceramic forms for roasting should be purchased. To prepare different types of baking, casseroles and other dishes, it is difficult to manage two or three forms. For example, for baking souffle, biscuits or cakes that need high temperature, you need a round shape with high sides. Sand cakes and yeast pies require a round shape, which has thick walls and low sides. Rectangular are suitable for lasagna and other casseroles. For small caps, cupcakes or baskets, small ceramic forms are needed. For baking in the oven, the birds need to use special utensils.
When buying, you need to pay attention to the manufacturer of dishes - a well-known brand guarantees the absence of lead and cadmium in the enamel, which is covered with ceramics. Only such a composition complies with international sanitary standards. Buying dishes of famous companies, you can be sure that only dye-based dyes were used in its manufacture, which can not be confirmed for certain by acquiring the forms of unknown producers.
In our technological age, you can buy any product you like not only in a variety of stores, but also on the Internet. Of course, everyone buys where it is more convenient. However, before you add a favorite form to the shopping cart on the site, you should find one in the store to really appreciate not only its appearance, but also the weight, convenience of the pens or their absence. It should be borne in mind that ceramic dishes are quite heavy, which is difficult to imagine from the picture on the site. And choosing a comfortable, at first glance, sucker, you can experience discomfort, finding on receipt that it is too heavy for you.
Unlike old forms and baking trays, which were used only in the manufacture of dishes, modern ceramic dishes are also designed for serving dishes on the table. This is especially popular when serving the table in the national style or on themed parties. In addition, given the emergence of portioning molds for capkeys or jellies, the table serves not only general dishes made of ceramics, but also individual ones.
In addition to the forms for ovens, you can put on the table ceramic salad bowls, tureens, dinner plates, saucepans - in short, it can be completely served with ceramic dishes, which will only emphasize the national deviation of the feast.
Advantages and disadvantages
Ceramic forms for baking have many advantages:
- Functionality and attractiveness. Tableware from ceramics can be different in volume, color, shape. You can buy practical rectangular dishes, but you can also please yourself with unusual shapes. For example, a bird cooked in the form of a chicken will not leave indifferent any guest. In this case, such dishes can be served on the table.
- Usefulness. The products cooked in ceramic form will retain much more microelements and vitamins than in any other dish - thus, the food turns out not only tasty, but also useful.
- Practicality. Ceramic baking molds are suitable for all temperatures, the products in them are not only prepared, but also perfectly stored in a refrigerator or freezer. In addition, these forms are easy to wash and almost impossible to scratch, which allows you to cut the dishes right into them. Washing dishes can be various means for washing, both hands and in the dishwasher.
- Uniform heating. Pottery is different in that it slowly and evenly warms up, so the dishes in it are prepared correctly.
- Universality. In ceramic dishes you can cook a wide variety of dishes, pastries, casseroles, soufflé, meat or fish dishes - the choice is limited only by your imagination.
- Humidity. A unique feature of ceramic ware is the ability to absorb and transmit moisture. To prepare some dishes it is recommended to place it in water, leaving it to get wet for 15-20 minutes. Such dishes during cooking will give moisture to the dish, making it juicier, while the eco-friendly composition of the form does not affect the taste of food.
Despite the fact that the ceramic cookware is not afraid of scratches, it is fragile enough and can break with careless use. In addition, pottery should not be subjected to severe temperature changes, so you can not put the dishes in the heated oven that you just got from the refrigerator. To warm up the dish in this case stands with the oven.
More and more housewives are trying to acquire ceramic forms for baking. Reviews of them say unequivocally - it's an ideal dish for cooking a wide variety of dishes and in different conditions. It is curious that the usual baking tray for casseroles can be used not only in ovens, but also on open fire, which does not at all degrade the quality of the prepared dish.
Especially appreciate the hostess convenience of care for ceramic dishes and its environmental friendliness, because now more and more people appreciate the opportunity to prepare healthy dishes for your family. In addition, an obvious plus for consumers is the fact that when using ceramic forms for baking, almost no oil is required, which also affects the taste of the food and its beneficial properties.