Kevlar helmet - application, features and characteristics
To prevent accidents at various production sites, construction sites and other places associated with the danger, workers are required to wear special helmets. They are meant for the head to protect against injuries. There is a requirement that must be met in hazardous and harmful production. When working under these conditions, workers are required to provide such personal protective equipment as a Kevlar helmet. Let us consider in more detail this element and the material from which it is made.
What is Kevlar?
To begin with, it is worthwhile to figure out what Kevlar is and consider its properties and features. Kevlar is a special synthetic fiber that is created to replace steel. This material is widely used in the manufacture of bulletproof vests, protective helmets and automobile tires. The material has a high mechanical strength. They produce different grades with a strength of 280 to 550 kg / mm 2 and a density of 1400 to 1500 kg / m 3. Also it can be used in the manufacture of cables. Kevlar in this case have its entire length. This prevents the cable from stretching and breaking itself. The Kevlar helmet is made with the use of a special thread.It is comparable in its actions to cobwebs: it detains a strong blow and prevents it from reaching the person's head.
Kevlar thread and its application
A thread is a derivative of Kevlar. As mentioned above, it is used in the manufacture of personal protective equipment, for example, such as a protective helmet. This application does not end there. Kevlar thread is used in shipbuilding. It is added to the bow of the ship's hull and to the processing of its seams, which prevents its depressurization and flooding. Kevlar's helmet is made of such threads.Such personal protective equipment is light, you can not feel it when you wear it. They have high resistance to hot sparks and metal, this value reaches 155 degrees. Such material as Kevlar helps protect the worker from electric shock. The material can withstand any concentrated acids and abrasives. For better protection of the person, such a helmet is not subject to lateral kinks. Because of its positive characteristics, Kevlar thread is used in various industries. The only drawback of these materials is their high cost. But here the industries should choose between saving and safety.
Quality of Russian production
The Russian Kevlar helmet was released for sale on the territory of our state. Produced helmets meet all standards and safety standards. Such a helmet is used to protect against falling heavy materials, strong moisture, splashes of sparks from welding and various acids, high temperature.It is used in national economic complexes, oil, gas processing and construction sites of the Russian Federation. The Kevlar helmet of our production is no different from foreign analogues.
Protective Military Helmet of Kevlar
Kevlar is used not only for the manufacture of personal protective equipment in industries with harmful and dangerous working conditions, but also in the armament of the army. Helmet of Kevlar is designed to protect soldiers from bullets and grenade shards. It has some features:
- The helmet is made of two components: the body and the stiffeners, which sit tightly on the head.
- The case of the helmet is protected by threads of Kevlar material.
- High helmet characteristics are maintained in the temperature range from -50 to +50 degrees.
- Does not interfere with the driving of vehicles, without closing the survey.
- Helmet allows you to conduct military operations in areas with high gas contamination.
- Does not distort sounds.
- When the integrity of the helmet is destroyed, it is easily repaired in the field.
- The simplicity of design does not require additional technical equipment and repair.
- The helmet has high fragmentation resistance, even with multiple hits.
- It can be worn without taking off during the day. The soldiers do not have diaper rash or calluses.
- Such a tool can be quickly put on if necessary and easily removed.
- If the helmet is used in the winter, then under it a warm balaclava is provided.
- Such features help to preserve the life and health of soldiers.
The hands are under control
For the safety of hands in industries with harmful and dangerous working conditions use special protective gloves made of Kevlar. This means of individual protection ensures that a person will be absolutely protected from an aggressive environment. They are capable of withstanding cuts of any complexity. Kevlar gloves differ in a number of the following advantages:
- Gloves can protect against glass shards.
- For a short period of time they can protect against burning metal and fire.
- Used in fire fighting ammunition.
- Kevlar gloves without seams are able to protect against cuts with sheet metal and any other sharp objects.
- Such protective properties are in gloves, in which the skin of the hands breathes. In them it is convenient to work with small details.
- Gloves serve for a long time, without washing and preserving the integrity of the material.
- Great for working at home, for example, drag a hot brazier, collect shards or hot charcoal.
Having considered in detail such material as Kevlar, it can be concluded that this is the most versatile material. Lightness and strength allow daily use of Kevlar personal protective equipment for the preservation of life and health.