Curtain rail for metal curtains: an overview, types, features of fastening and reviews
Beautiful windows invariably attract attention, making the room special. And an important role is played by the choice of the cornice, on which the curtains will stay, as windows serve as the main attention-getting element in the room. The most reliable and durable curtain rod for curtains is metal, as it is capable of withstanding heavy loads, it will fit perfectly into the design of any room and will be durable in operation.
Metal structures are popular due to a number of factors:
- Cornices look harmoniously in the interior in any style and in combination with the most different furniture.
- The possibility of using curtains from any materials.
- The possibility of implementing any design ideas.
- A wide variety of materials and shapes.
Curtain rail for metal curtains is made of bronze, steel, brass and aluminum, which is specially processed for protection against corrosion. In the simplest version, it is a hollow tube, on which curtains are hung on rings.
Design features: bus or flexible?
In most cases, the most convenient to use are the ceiling cornices. In addition to durability and reliability, they attract attention and diversity. There are busbars and flexible metal ceiling cornices for curtains. Tire are flat models, so you can only mount them to the ceiling. Advantages of this variety include:
- the possibility of attaching three curtains at once, that is, as a rule, it is tulle, curtains and, for example, a curtain;
- a simple design emphasizes the decorative value of curtains;
- a similar metal cornice is created from aluminum, which provides flexibility of the entire system.
Flexible cornice for curtains metal has only one row, so several curtains will have to be mounted to fix several curtains. On the other hand, such a solution is convenient if you want to hang curtains in a semicircular shape or niche. To varieties of this type of cornices can be attributed:
- curtains with a lambrequin on the ceiling cornice, which visually increase the height of the ceiling;
- flat curtain rod, which hides the baguette.
Cornice for curtains metal can be round. This is a traditional option, when the cornice is a hollow bar with a circular cross-section, on which metal, plastic or glass knobs are worn. These constructions differ:
- The diameter of the bar: it can be 1-5 cm. The size should be selected depending on how much weight the drapes will be suspended. By the way, the bar can be telescopic, that is, sliding.
- Versatility: the cornices can be fastened to both the ceiling and the wall, so it is important to choose the most aesthetic option, allowing you to create a beautiful window frame.
- Harmony with the interior: a metal curtain rod for curtains, double especially, will fit perfectly into the rooms, decorated in a variety of styles, but they are the most authentic in the classical interior.
Especially spectacular in the room looks round cornice with a knob, which gives the whole structure completeness and integrity. According to users, such designs help to transform the interior and place style accents in it.
... and forged cornices
Of course, the most reliable and unique option among the metal cornices is forged products. They are able to transform any interior, but are especially relevant for decorating rooms in a classic style or in a retro style. But also for such curtain rails metal prices, of course, are much higher in comparison with analogues. It is the price, according to reviews, that pushes away from buying these designs. The advantages of forged products include the following:
- Reliability and ability to withstand any loads.
- Maximum strength, which is achieved by the absence of impurities and additives in the metal. As a consequence, you can hang curtains and curtains of any weight on such a cornice.
- Aesthetics. Forged cornices - this is a smart addition to any interior. Buyers note that most of the products are unique, they differ in their original appearance, so it is possible to place accents in the room correctly.
The only drawback of forged structures is the considerable weight of the fastening systems. In addition, and brackets for cornices for curtains metal should be strong, providing a good fixation.
Note that forged cornices look ideally on windows that have an unusual shape or large dimensions. The bar itself can be both smooth and twisted, and the tip is a real piece of forged art. It is noteworthy that such products are created only by hand, so the price of them is very, very expensive. To achieve aesthetics and protection from various effects, the metal after forging is additionally covered with a powder formulation - it serves as a reliable protection against corrosion.
Cornice for eyelets
Such structures are considered to be the most expensive. Often they are decorated with forged elements, they are produced in a variety of color solutions, especially gilt or silver-plated antiquity looks impressive and aristocratic. Among the merits, customers note the strength of the structure and the durability of its service. The bar itself is smooth and with a smooth surface, so the eyelets slide easily when the curtain is opened or closed. Designers are advised to use such cornices for decorating rooms in the style of high-tech, techno or minimalism.
When you want to transform the surrounding space, we strive to focus on details. One of these details is the design cornice, which represents a variety of designs. For example, instead of a long flat rod, the structure can consist of several round cornices that harmoniously look at the background of an unusual window or wall of a complex configuration.
Which type to choose?
Modern manufacturers offer a lot of interesting options for the decoration of windows. All cornices differ in the way of fastening and design features. Select the most popular options:
- Baguette. Such a cornice is complemented by a decorative strip, which covers the entire system of fastening the curtains. Plank is made for various materials, so you can choose an option for the design of a specific interior.
- String cornice involves the use of a thin cable, rather than a round tube as the basis of the design. It is on the cable, that is, the string, and the fastening of the curtains. Such cornices are good for their invisibility, so they can be used to decorate any interior.
- The profiled cornice is an aluminum square tube that bends in different directions, thus forming the most unusual shapes. Such structures are well designed windows in the form of arches or multi-level structures.
- Rail (bus). Such cornices are ideal for windows with small windowsills. By design it is a plastic or aluminum guide with a groove, where rollers with special hooks are inserted. When the curtains are opened and closed, the hooks gently move.
How much are?
As we see, there are a variety of curtain rails for wall-mounted metal curtains. The price of the models depends on the materials used. So, in the simplest version, the cornices are available within 2000 rubles. According to reviews, they are reliable and durable, but suitable for rooms that do not need additional decor. Buyers are advised to choose curtain rods more stylish, for example designed for antiquity. In the classic interior, you can choose designs with forged elements - their cost reaches 3000-4000 rubles per set. In addition to the price, you still need to focus on what curtains of what material you are going to hang. This determines the weight and the ability to withstand the loads of the cornices.