Pencils KOH-I-NOOR - products of excellent quality
Today, a simple pencil is not a unique product. On this simple thing, which many have at hand, no one pays any attention. However, two centuries ago, such products were a real luxury.
History of occurrence
Like many inventions of world importance, the idea of creating a simple pencil appeared purely by chance.
One day, Josef Hartmut, who owned a Czech factory for the production of chemical glassware, studied the finished product. He accidentally broke the cup-crucible. The flying piece of the product, which had unbelievably grazed the paper during the fall, left a black mark on the sheet. This fact was very interesting to Joseph. He found out that the splinter was able to leave the strip due to the graphite contained in the product. In the course of numerous experiments, he derived an ideal ratio of clay and graphite, which enabled Hartmut to begin production of quality rods for writing. His products are called "Kohinor", which means "unparalleled".
Traveling around the factory
Pencils KOH-I-NOOR are produced in the city of Ceske Budejovice. They have been engaged in creation since 1790. It's amazing that all the pencils of the most famous brand today are produced on several machines. On the one hand, planks from California cedar are placed in the working assembly, and ready-made slabs of graphite are on the other hand. With the help of the machine in the planks, mounds are milled, into which a graphite rod is then placed. After gluing both sides, a closed pencil case with nine slates inside is produced. After the glue hardens, the board is sent to another machine, cutting it into nine separate pencils.
Today KOH-I-NOOR pencils are produced using the same technology as several centuries ago. Is that the Californian cedar today is supplied from China, and not from California.
Then the products are sent to the next shop. There, their surface is painted in the right color. Pencils KOH-I-NOOR three times cover with the chosen paint. After drying, the next workshop is waiting for them. There on each article is attached a golden tip with an eraser or without it.
At the factory there are several shops where KOH-I-NOOR pencils are packaged, checked for a logo, and manually controlled by their quality.
- The most famous pencils in the world of this factory have the designation 1500.
- World standards for determining the numerical and alphabetic gradations were derived from the KOH-I-NOOR HARDTMUTH factory.
- Water color pencils KOH-I-NOOR Mondeluz are recognized as the best in the world, and they do not have competitors, because other companies do not undertake to create analogues due to the unique technology of the Czech manufacturer.
- Distinctive sign of the company - an image of an elephant. This is one of the first officially registered brand names. World-famous erasers with an elephant are still produced on the basis of natural rubber.
- Classic products of the company are wooden pencils KOH-I-NOOR. Reviews of these products allow us to conclude about their unrivaled quality. However, color and graphite pencils created without the use of wood, as well as all-plastic products, are no less recognized.