Drops Advocate for Dogs: instructions for use and reviews
Drops "Advocate" for dogs is an antiparasitic drug with a large spectrum of action. Typically, such drugs are particularly in demand in the summer season due to the activity of ticks and fleas. To date, a lot of drugs that protect animals from such parasites, and choose from such a variety is extremely difficult. Today we will talk about the drops "Advocate", read the instructions to them and learn from the reviews already tried out means of dog breeders, how effective they are.
Drops "Advocate" for dogs are produced by the German company Bayer. They are produced in the form of a solution intended for outdoor use. Fasuyutsya to 0,4; 1; 2.5; 4 ml by measuring pipettes, which are packed in aluminum blisters for three jokes. The blister is placed with the instruction in the cardboard box.
Store drops in a dark dry place away from food at a temperature of 0-30 degrees Celsius. The drug has a shelf life of 3 years from production.
Pharmacology and composition
Drops "Advocate" for dogs refer to antiparasitic drugs of combined action. Thanks to the active substances that make up the product, "Advocate" protects the animal from the following parasites:
- scabies and demodectic mites;
- larvae and sexually mature nematodes.
The main active ingredients in the preparation are moxidectin (25 mg) and imidacloprid (100 ml). In addition to them, the preparation includes the following components:
- benzyl alcohol;
- propylene carbonate.
After applying drops to the skin, imidacloprid quickly spreads throughout the body, practically not absorbed. It is fixed on the wool and is responsible for the long-term effect of the drug. Moxidectin, on the contrary, is rapidly absorbed into the blood and tissues, the maximum plasma concentration reaches 4-8 days. It is excreted from the body of the animal for a month.
The drug "Advocate" has a third class of danger, that is, it is moderately dangerous.
Drops from ticks and fleas Advocate are prescribed for the prevention and treatment of the following diseases:
- sarcoptic disease;
- nematodosis (toxascaridosis, toxocarosis, uncinoria, trichocephalus, hookworm, crenozomosis, angiostrongilez);
- flea allergic dermatitis.
The "Advocate" drops are not prescribed for dogs if:
- the animal has a hypersensitivity to one of the components of the drug;
- the puppy was not yet 7 weeks old;
- the dog suffers from an infectious disease or recovers after it;
- an animal weighs less than 1 kg;
- the bitch is pregnant or nursing - in case of emergency, the treatment should be carried out under the obligatory supervision of the veterinarian.
Also, it is forbidden to process any kind of animal other than dogs.
"Advocate" - drops for dogs (the instruction is set forth here), intended for application to intact dry skin. In order to process correctly, you must follow the following tips:
- Remove the protective cap from the pipette and take it vertically. Puncture the protective layer of the top of the pipette by using the back of the cap.
- Spread the coat of the animal in the place to which it can not reach the tongue, and apply the product to the skin. Typically, a zone at the base of the neck between the blades is selected for treatment.
- If the dog is large, then the drug should be applied in 3-4 places, while choosing the same rules.
The minimum amount of the drug that must be applied will be 0.1 mg per kilogram of pet weight.
Produced in packages of different dosage "Advocate" (drops for dogs). Instruction to the drug indicates that the choice of a product is necessary, based on the weight of the dog. In total, there are 4 options for packaging the drug: for dogs up to 4 kg; for animals from 4 to 10 kg; from 10 to 25 kg and from 25 to 40 kg.
If your pet weighs more than 40 kg, then it is necessary to calculate the amount of the drug on its own, proceeding from the fact that 0.1 ml of the drug is necessary for 1 kg of body weight of the animal.
To destroy lice, fleas and withers, the dog is treated once. To prevent the recurrence of infection, you must use the "Advocate" tool every 4 weeks. Drops on the withers with allergic dermatitis are also applied once a month.
The drug is taken:
- When otodektoze - once.
- With sarcoptosis - every month for 2 months.
- With demodicosis - every month for 3-4 months.
- With different nematodes - once.
Drops from Advocate mites can cause an overdose when the dosage is increased. Let's list her symptoms:
- dilated pupils;
- muscular tremor;
- excessive salivation.
In case of occurrence of similar signs the preparation should be washed off thoroughly, using a detergent.
Advocate can cause the following side effects:
- redness of the skin;
- various allergic reactions.
Usually, adverse reactions are rare. In case of redness and itching, you can leave it as it is - after a couple of days the symptoms will pass by yourself. But if the dog has an allergic reaction, then the drug must be rinsed immediately with soapy water, and thoroughly wash the coat with plenty of water. After that, the animal is given an antihistamine, according to the instructions attached to it.
Do not use "Advocate" with any other antiparasitic drugs, as this can increase toxicity.
Drops "Advocate": price
The cost of the drug depends on the weight of the animal:
- up to 4 kg - 1100 rubles;
- from 4 to 10 - 1350 rubles;
- from 10 to 25 - 1600 rubles;
- from 25 to 40 - 2000 rubles.
This is the approximate cost of drops "Advocate". The price of the drug may vary depending on the place of residence and the veterinary pharmacy. Therefore, you can find the drops much cheaper, listed here rates, or much more expensive. Residents of Ukraine drug will cost:
- for dogs up to 4 kg - 210 UAH;
- 4 - 10 kg - 530 UAH;
- 10 - 25 kg - 650 UAH;
- 25 - 40 kg - 770 UAH.
Drops from ticks for dogs "Advocate": reviews
Dog breeders note that the drops are quite effective against fleas, they are an excellent help in the treatment of diseases mentioned in the manual. I like that the drug has no smell, and what can act as a helminthic. However, there are drawbacks to the drug, in particular, redness of the skin in places of application and rare allergic reactions are noted. The price of "Advocate" seems to buyers too high. But the main disadvantage is the lack of protection from ixodid ticks. Therefore, the dog has to be re-treated with a drug that also protects these blood-sucking parasites.
In general, drops have both positive and negative feedback. However, there are no censures in their effectiveness relative to the insects and diseases indicated in the manual.