Which thermos keeps the heat better? Which thermos company to choose
Do you like frequent trips to nature? Are you a frequent participant in a variety of hiking tours? Or is your favorite hobby - fishing? If you gave a positive answer to at least one question, then you have first-hand knowledge of the need to purchase such a device as a thermos bottle. The modern market offers a wide range of such products. But how to choose from this set a quality thermos that better keeps the heat?
The ability to retain heat is the main criterion when choosing
From any thermos waiting for one - effective work. Its effectiveness is manifested in the amount of a time period during which drinks or food remain hot or warm. Which thermos is better in keeping the heat, it is more effective. And this is the key criterion when choosing the device in question. But at once, just looking, it is simply impossible to determine this characteristic. After all, it also depends on other factors. Here they can be considered.
The choice of a particular thermos model depends on several criteria:
- Goals and time of operation. If a thermos is used on rest as a storage tank for food and beverages, its distinctive feature is the ability to maintain temperature. Pay attention to the fact that the greater the estimated time of its use, the more volume it should be. And: the larger the capacity of the vessel, the longer it will be able to leave food or drinks hot. This is the thermos that holds the heat - the capacitive one. But if the thermos is intended for food, then its volume should be exactly what your portion of food is. Ask: "Why?" It's very simple! When the thermos is full, there are air masses in its free space, which will lead to an operational loss of temperature, no matter how high it is. Only a fully filled thermos will work as efficiently as possible and give warm food for several hours, or even a day. The food temperature in the thermos and the intensity of its gradual decrease are affected by the consistency of food. Thus, food in liquid form remains hot much longer than, for example, pasta.
- Type of reservoir. Thermoses can be used for drinks or food. Also there are soup thermoses and thermos-mugs. But it is worth noting that they differ only in appearance. The construction of the beverage tank has a narrow neck, an average diameter of the cylinder and a cover that can be made in the form of a plug and is usually equipped with a valve. A thermos for a meal with a wide neck can be completed and cutlery. But if there are not any, do not worry! They are fixed on the tank body and can simply interfere with carefree operation.In the structural basis of the liquid thermos can lie a glass or metal flask. A glass bulb is not as practical as a metal bulb, but its hygienic properties are unmatched. As for which thermos bottle holds the heat better, the answer is unequivocal: a vessel with a narrow neck.
- Thermos material. The device can be plastic and metal. And the metal can also be different. It's only at first sight that they all are shiny and identical. But if you take two different models in hand, you can be sure that they differ in their weight characteristics. Which thermos better holds heat - plastic or metal - is difficult to say, but one thing is certain - if a vessel of metal by weight is the same as plastic, then its superiority and efficiency can not be expected.
And you can experiment ...
The most rational choice for a thermos is to carry out a kind of experiment. To do this, it is necessary to pour a hot liquid into the tank and observe whether the temperature of the outer shell will change within 7-10 minutes. If the case has heated up, the thermos does not hold heat or does it very weakly. There is no point in such an acquisition. And if the purchase has already taken place, then the goods can be safely taken to the store and state that you got a defective thermos.
And, of course, the manufacturer
Only quality thermoses serve as faith and truth. The quality is directly dependent on the manufacturer. If you prefer world famous brands and have already proved themselves to brands, then be sure that quality, efficiency and practicality are guaranteed to you as a consumer. One of these is the thermos "Arctic".
"Arctic" - a Russian manufacturer of cookware with thermal properties and accessories for it. The quality is absolutely identical to the European, but the price is much lower. The latter can not but rejoice.
"Arctic" with a narrow neck 101-1000
This thermos "Arctic" is designed for tea and coffee.
Absolutely all models of this series are equipped with a traditional deep plug with a thermal insulator in order to avoid the temperature losses that arise when removing the plug. In addition, no special effort is required to unscrew and twist such a plug.
The individual parts of the tank are made of environmentally friendly plastic, which contains no bisphenol-A. The sealing ring for the lid is also made of eco-silicone.
To eliminate the vacuum space of residual air masses, an absorbent element is placed between the wall surfaces, so that the intensity of the heat exchange is minimized.
The manufacturer claims a 26-hour temperature regime.
This is a quality Russian thermos - user reviews only confirm this. But, according to buyers, initially more attractive acceptable price policy. After all, its value is at the level of 750 rubles.
"Arctic" for food
The "Arktika 301-500" line is a thermos for food with a wide neck. The standard configuration of the thermos provides for the presence of a plug with a button, due to which a phenomenon such as a pressure depression becomes possible. A wide throat is not just that. It allows you to fill the vessel with a variety of liquid dishes and dishes with portions of impressive size. Leaves the food warm for 12 hours. The price is about 800 rubles.
"Arctic" series 201-800
The title "The best thermos of universal type" belongs to all models that belong to the series 201-800. The leader of sales is this thermos. Customer testimonials indicate the inherent simplicity of operation, multifunctionality and economy. It is intended for both food and beverages. Cork has two structural parts: internal and external. The former is used to extract liquids, the second for food. The cover is made of high-strength plastic. This is another guarantee of the "ever hot dish".
The factory equipment includes a socks belt. The manufacturer declared a 28-hour temperature regime.
For fans of Japanese products, the Zojirushi thermos will be an ideal option. The manufacturer has worldwide fame, because the first was to produce thermoses with metal flasks. They are light, strong and perfectly maintain the temperature of the drinks inside. As for the capacitive characteristics, the volume of the thermos can be 0.36, 0.48, 0.5, 0.8, 1.0, 1.3, 1.5, 1.8, 2.0 liters. Most models of thermovacuum of this brand are made of stainless steel. Consider the most popular models.
They are a metallic thermos. They are characterized by maximum compactness due to the lack of a folding handle. For carrying and convenient operation there is a convenient belt. This is an indispensable device for anglers, hunters and all those who like to spend time outdoors.
The advantages include:
- low weight;
- easy process of cleaning the bulb (it is provided due to Teflon coating);
- easy cleaning of the case;
- one-touch opening;
- a non-target valve plug, which makes it easy to disassemble;
- the presence of a cap-anticondensate;
- the air channel of the lid;
- plastic neck cap rim.
All of the above advantages were repeatedly confirmed by the users themselves, who, incidentally, in most cases choose a thermos 1 liter. This volume is considered average. This is one of the reasons for the relatively large demand.
Zojirushi SF-CC series
The considered thermos model is considered the most voluminous in the assortment line with a metal bulb. For ease of use equipped with a removable strap and a rubberized handle that emphasizes the monolithic capacity of the tank, and special paws that allow the instrument to be used horizontally. Thermoses of the SF-CC series have the widest throat, which in diameter reaches 7 centimeters. And the assembly of the manufacturer provides for not only a lid-glass, but a bowl.
They refer to thermoses with minimum capacitive characteristics. Vacuum space is only 1 mm instead of the usual 2 mm. Wall surfaces are made of ultra-thin stainless steel.
The diameter of the neck, as a rule, is 4 centimeters. The cover is endowed with automatic properties, that is, you just need to press the button to open it. This device can rightly be called "clean" due to the operating mechanism of the lid, which is built in such a way that at first it is slightly opened after pressing, giving the opportunity to escape the formed drops, and then only opens completely. By the way, Zojirushi thermos of any model is equipped with such a mechanism. It is simple in maintenance.
Give preference only to the proven manufacturer - and then you will get rid of sad disappointment!