Which is the best air freshener in the car: reviews
How nice to get into a car, whose interior instead of a pungent smell of smoke smells like citrus or a favorite perfume aroma. But not all of the air fresheners offered in stores cope with their task. Many of them "do not live out" until the end of the week. To get a really effective and inexpensive flavor, you need to do it yourself.
What are the car air fresheners?
All automotive air fresheners are divided into two large groups:
What is the difference between them? The first neutralize foreign smells in the car, the second fill it with a pleasant aroma.
Types of fillers in fresheners
Depending on the filling, air fresheners in the car come in several types.
- Cardboard flavorings are the most inexpensive of all presented on the market. Such an air freshener in the car looks like a piece of cardboard soaked in a special substance, carved into the shape of some figure, more often a Christmas tree. The useful life of such a fragrance is 2 weeks.
- Liquid fresheners look like small perfumes, poured into a glass or plastic container. She has small holes on the lid, through which the fragrant liquid evaporates outward, filling the passenger compartment with a pleasant smell. Such fresheners are attached to the ventilation grille in the car.
- Solid flavors are by far the most expensive and less in demand. Outwardly they look like small briquettes or plastic boxes filled with granules. The service life of such a flavor is 6 months or more.
- Helium fresheners are durable, emit an aroma more intensively than liquid flavors. But they have one serious drawback: at low temperatures the gel freezes, and also freezes and spoils.
- Natural flavors are made in the form of bags filled with herbs, coffee beans or other natural ingredients. Another form of such fresheners - wooden figures, impregnated with a special composition.
A good air freshener in the car: reviews
Despite the wide range of flavors in stores, finding a decent will not be easy. Which air freshener to choose in the car, which is better to buy, will prompt other motorists. Most of them use helium flavors, because the smell in them evaporates more intensively than in others, and they also last for long.
Other motorists prefer natural fresheners, inside which are grains of coffee or other natural materials. Their main advantage is that they give off a natural flavor, and do not smell of "chemistry".
These two types of fillers are most often used by car owners in their cars.
Tips for choosing a car perfume
Sometimes after buying another air freshener for the car it turns out that on the spot it does not smell at all, or not as intensively as indicated on the package. What can I recommend in this case? First of all, the fragrance should be printed, without departing from the ticket office, so that in the absence of a smell to formalize the rejection of the goods. So you can avoid buying a "cat in a poke".
What kind of freshener to choose from the assortment offered by the store depends on personal preferences and financial possibilities. To date, the most inexpensive is a cardboard flavor. A good air freshener in the car will cost more. But it will last at least nine months.
How to make a car air freshener yourself
From simple products that are available in every kitchen, you can make a good flavor for the car. To do this you need: a small jar with a lid (suitable and the container left from the old flavor), essential oil, baking soda, foil and toothpick.
The sequence of manufacturing the freshener is as follows:
1) Make holes in the lid of the jar. For this you can use a nail or a knife. It all depends on whether the metal cover is plastic or plastic. If the jar is used from the old flavor, then at this stage nothing will be necessary, since it already has all the necessary holes.
2) Pour soda - about half the can. Align it to lie flat.
3) On top of the soda, drip 25 drops of essential oil and pull on the can of foil. Align by placing a lid on the foil on the foil.
4) In the foil with a toothpick make holes through which the aroma will evaporate. Close the jar with a lid. Air freshener in the car is ready!
5) The old flavor should already have a special mount for the car. If the jar is new, then it can be fixed in a car with a double-sided scotch that is glued to the bottom of the jar.
At first, the aroma can be very saturated, depending on the number of drops of essential oil and the intensity of the odor itself. After a while, it may seem that the freshener is no longer performing its function. In this case, the jar needs to be opened and add a few drops of essential oil, that is, to update the filler.
Helium flavoring with their own hands
Helium flavors for the car are considered one of the most effective, but are quite expensive, and the smell disappears after 30 days. Therefore, for those who want to save money, it is suggested to make an air freshener in the machine with their own hands.
For the manufacture of helium flavor, you will need: a bag of gelatin (10 g), glycerin, essential oil, a jar for the filler, a container for mixing ingredients, water. Then everything is very simple.
Gelatine is dissolved in water, according to the instructions on the sachet. After he swells, you need to add a teaspoon of glycerin and 7 drops of any essential oil. Now all the ingredients need to be mixed and you can fill the prepared mass with a prepared jar. By the way, in this case, the capacity of the already used flavor is excellent.
Freshener in a machine for coffee makers
This freshener is easy to make. Time will have to be at a minimum, and as a result, an excellent neutralizer of odors and flavor will be produced - two in one. Especially like the new freshener for coffee machines, because as a filler will be used coffee beans. Everyone knows that they perfectly absorb the smell. Often, a jar of the hostess's grains is put in the refrigerator to neutralize the unpleasant odor in it.
To make an air freshener in the machine with your own hands, you need a small bag with string sizes 5 x 7 centimeters and whole coffee beans. Fabric for sewing can be taken any, but it is better if it is sacking, or a fine cotton can fit. It is important not to forget to make strings. By the way, they can hang a bag in the car. And then you need to fill it with coffee beans. Now it remains only to tighten the bag - and the air freshener is ready. It will neutralize unpleasant odors and give the cabin a light aroma of coffee.