How to choose an electric trimmer
A house outside the city or in the suburbs presupposes the presence of an infield with greenery and a garden. It is not bad to create a natural landscape in front of the fence and inside the courtyard with a beautiful lawn. But the grass, as a rule, grows rapidly, and if the green area is significant, care of order on the lawn can be quite a labor-consuming occupation. To help hobbyists, amateurs have been created special tools for various jobs, including an electric trimmer. The feedback on this device is mostly positive, and therefore we will consider in more detail what this device is.
Trimmer - apparatus for garden work
This device is a kind of garden braid, which is powered by a built-in engine. Depending on the type of drive, the following trim types are distinguished:
- Benzocos - is distinguished by good indicators, such as long work (about 40 minutes), the ability to use in all weather conditions.
- Electric - the duration of the work is small, but it is convenient to use in hard-to-reach places.
The best in terms of ecology is the electric trimmer. Feedback from consumers on the Internet indicates not only easy use, but also low power consumption and no harmful emissions into the atmosphere.
In the garden equipment market, there are varieties of electric trim tabs, differing in the location of the engine. Depending on this, the following types can be distinguished:
- With the bottom of the engine: the advantage of this type of device is ease of use, since most of the weight falls on the surface of the ground, as well as low cost. This is because such devices can not be used in conditions of high humidity, otherwise a short circuit may occur, and the worker will be struck by electric shock.
- With the top drive - the work on these models is more convenient, since the device does not accumulate debris, which excludes the ignition or overheating of the motor, and they can mow the wet grass.
If you want to find a suitable electric trimmer for yourself, customer reviews indicate that the second type of device is more powerful, it easily copes with stiff grass, unlike electric cars with a lower drive. Such trimmer is supplied with straps, which are fixed on the shoulders of the operator, which is very convenient. In addition, the electric trimmer, reviews on which you can read in various forums, are divided, depending on the form of filing the line for conditional species.
- Manual feed - when working on such a device, additional time is spent to stop the engine and unwind the line.
- Automatic feeding is performed with the start of the motor start.
- Semi-automatic feed - at the same time, the line is rewound when the engine is running.
In the question of how to choose an electric trimmer, consumer feedback is, of course, important. But also, perhaps, the following information will be useful:
- Trimmer manufacturers, as a rule, complete their cords with a small length, so for work on large areas it is necessary to purchase an additional extension cord.
- Trimmers with an electric motor in the upper part are equipped with additional accessories, which make it possible to modify this device in a delimiter or cultivator, while you can save on the purchase of these devices.
- The electric trimmers do not produce much noise during operation, and they can be transported in disassembled form. Also from them there is no smell, as from the mowers, and therefore they can be stored in a residential area.
- Also, there are models with an anti-vibration system, which significantly improves the technical characteristics of the trimmer. A casing to protect against pebbles and other objects will ensure safe operation.
At the moment, the range of this device is presented in a wide range of prices and technical characteristics. You can choose a device from different producing countries. Noteworthy, for example, the German trimmer, reviews on which can be found on the websites of dealership companies. Having made the right choice, you will ensure the long-term service of such a useful device for caring for a garden or private plot.