How to choose a knapsack for a first-grader
"The first time - in the first class!" This is a very important and exciting event for the child, so your task is to competently assemble it in school. And what is the most important thing for the first time to study? Of course, the portfolio. A knapsack for a first-grader must meet many criteria, and therefore his choice should be answered responsibly and, of course, in advance. Your child has matured, and now instead of the soft toy that he dragged with him to the kindergarten, he will have to carry heavy books and notebooks.
The best bag for a first-year student should meet the following requirements:
- The weight of the empty portfolio should not exceed 900 g. This criterion is very important, since even if an empty backpack is heavy for the child, then it will simply not be possible to raise it with the books. In addition, there are European standards for which a filled portfolio should weigh no more than 10% of the child's body weight. Given that a child going to the first class, weighing an average of 20 to 30 kg, then the load on the back should be about 2-3 kg. Therefore, a knapsack for a first-grader should be light initially, before filling it with school supplies.
- As a material from which a portfolio should be sewn, it is better to choose a polyester. It is durable, waterproof, durable, resistant to fading and normally tolerates washing. The cloth knapsack for the first-grader will get wet during the first weather and quickly lose its shape.
- Pay attention to the accessories of the backpack. Lightning should be wide, and dogs should be large. It should be convenient for a child to open and close his portfolio.
- A knapsack for a first-grader should be with a firm bottom. Otherwise, the books placed in it will begin to pull the backpack down, creating a huge load on your child's back.
- The back of the satchel should be orthopedic and repeat the anatomy of the back of your little schoolboy. This will keep the child's posture, and will not cause discomfort when wearing a heavy backpack.
- The straps of the knapsack are also a very important point, which you should pay attention to when choosing. They should be wide enough and soft so that they do not bite into the shoulders of the child. It is better if they are with a special lining, which will reduce the weight pressure.
A good backpack for a first-year student will certainly be equipped with additional functions that are equally important for daily use:
- the upper handle must be made in such a way that it is inconvenient to carry a briefcase in your hand - this is an extra reason to put a backpack on your shoulders;
- the surface of the portfolio is equipped with reflective elements, which is a necessary attribute in the dark;
- straps knapsack should be easily regulated, and they themselves must be equipped with soft inserts;
- the portfolio should have several internal compartments, so that the first-grader can neatly lay out notebooks and textbooks. Outside, there should be an additional pocket, in which the child will put a container with breakfast.
Remember that you only need to choose a knapsack with the baby. So you can choose the right size and the color that he likes.