How to choose skates for girls
The ability to maintain balance when riding on ice can be found by any person, regardless of age. But in order to perform complex jumps, rotations, other elements of figure skating, initially comfortable and high-quality skates are required.
Materials of manufacture
Skates for girls are currently made of genuine leather, plastic and nylon. The advantage of the first option is the ability to absorb moisture, comfortable fit of the foot and ventilation. In turn, artificial materials last longer retain an attractive appearance and have a negligible weight, which becomes an invaluable quality for the child.
Skates figured for girls can have an interior made of:
- natural leather that holds heat well, but wears out relatively quickly;
- synthetic fabric, which reduces the overall cost of the product, but at the same time it is relatively short-lived;
- artificial fur, which acts as an additional heater and gives the design of originality.
Today, the consumer is most often offered figure skates for girls with steel blades. Preferring this option eliminates the need for frequent sharpening, which is a must when choosing products with iron blades.
The types of steel used for the production of skates are distinguished by the following:
- Alloy - alloy is a compound of chromium, manganese and nickel. This composition significantly increases the resistance of the metal to mechanical influences and, accordingly, reduces its wear.
- Stainless - has a chromium-plated coating, which increases the anti-corrosion properties.
- Carbon - contains a certain amount of carbon, due to which this or that degree of hardness of the material is achieved.
Amateur skates for girls
This is an inexpensive option for children who want to learn the basics of figure skating. Skates are distinguished by a moderate degree of rigidity, which avoids casualties for beginners.
The first is to buy figure skates for girls sliding, which will allow you to change the size of shoes as the foot grows. When choosing to pay attention to the products from the manufacturers, who had time to prove themselves in the market of sports equipment. Among the best manufacturers of children's skates for amateur skating, you can note such brands as Risport, Jackson, Gam, Edea, Graf. The products of the companies represented are the best option, since the production of skates is their main profile.
Figure skates for girls professional
Shoes designed for seasoned athletes have the highest degree of rigidity. As for the blades, they are made of high-quality steel and are distinguished by a reliable sharpening to achieve the effect of an ideal slip.
On the outer surface of products of this category, folds in the form of creases are not formed, in the place of which, in the future, material discontinuities may form. Therefore, with careful care, careful operation and the refusal to perform too complicated elements, professional skates can serve for decades.
Features of choice
How do I try on fitting skates? Here it is worth paying attention to several important points.
- They put on skates on thick soft socks, which provide additional comfort during skiing.
- Buy better sliding models or products 1-2 sizes larger. The main thing is that the foot does not dangle or be pinched by the boot. Otherwise, skiing will quickly develop into anguish.
- A prerequisite for the purchase of skates - a preliminary fitting, because they are quite difficult to choose the size and especially under the specific shape of the foot.
- In addition, it is worth buying special covers to protect the blades. So you can avoid the need for regular sharpening.
Following the above tips, you will not spend too much time buying the first skates for a child. Observance of useful recommendations will make it possible to turn skating on ice into a real childish pleasure and to quickly achieve noticeable success.