How to choose a booster for a child
A booster for a child is a car seat that does not have a backrest. With the help of his baby, you can raise the average height of 10 centimeters higher, which makes it possible to fasten it with a regular rear seat belt. If the child is simply put on the seat and fastened with a belt, the latter will simply touch the face of your child. In addition, this method of fixation is very dangerous! The standard belt will perform its function correctly only if it falls on the shoulder.
According to the European classification, a baby booster is designed for a 2/3 group. It will be the best option for children with a weight category from 15 to 45 kilograms. The baby booster should only be installed in the rear seat of the car. An important condition for using the device is the presence of three-point seat belts in the car. The booster is usually located in the back seat, then the child is seated on it and the seat belt is put on. If this type of car seat has a low cost, then its safety at a low level. In order to booster for the child had a high degree of protection, you should choose high-quality models of well-known manufacturers.
The main types of boosters for children
- Foam Booster. This species has a low cost and the same quality. In the event of an accident, this device simply splits, and the baby dives under the belt, thereby accepting an unacceptable amount of load on its abdominal cavity.
- Boosters on a plastic base. This kind is completely safe, but provided that it is made of high quality plastic and there are stiffeners inside.
- Boosters made of several layers of various absorbent materials. This is the safest kind. Ideal option will be a multilayer device on a metal base. This structure includes: a metal base, an energy absorbing material, a polyurethane and a soft layer for greater comfort.
Choosing a booster for transporting children, you should pay attention to the following factors: the way of fastening - the better one that is stiffer; the presence of soft interlayers for comfort; height of the armrests - the higher, the better.
The main advantages of boosters:
Also among the merits, it should be noted that due to its compactness in the back seat of the car can accommodate several such devices.
- No booster will protect the child from a side impact.
- The kid, sitting on the booster, is raised above the seat, thereby in an accident, he can hit his head against the glass, and not about the trauma-safe upholstery of the door.
- Crash tests of boosters are performed under a simplified program, since experts do not want to spoil expensive mannequins during testing.
Some selection criteria
It should be remembered that when choosing a device such as a car booster for children, the price will be of no small importance. For example, boosters for 300-400 rubles are cheap low-quality counterfeit, having a foam plastic frame. This kind is better not to buy, because it has a low degree of security. The average quality of this type of product with a price of at least 1000 rubles. Really good boosters cost from 1500 to 2800 rubles. But in the stores you can find some more expensive species.
In our country, the most popular in terms of price and quality are the adaptations of such companies as Graco, Brevi, Cleg, CAM.