How to properly bathe a newborn: advice to young mothers
The appearance of a new member of the family brings to the mother and father a lot of positive emotions, a sense of boundless happiness and, of course, a million new concerns. How to keep breast milk, which diapers to use, whether you can walk in bad weather, give a baby a pacifier and, of course, how to properly bathe a newborn - these are the questions that concern all parents without exception. The last of them should be discussed in more detail.
When can I start?
So, right after the birth the baby goes through his first hygienic purification procedure. In the next days of stay in the hospital, the child can only be gently washed or wiped using moist sanitary napkins. When can I bathe a newborn in a bath? Only after the umbilical wound has healed, that is, already on the 7-10th day of life. At the same time, one should remember about cleanliness, hygiene and safety: the container in which the baby bathes should be washed, without sharp corners and chips.
If the house where the crumb grows, cleanliness and hygiene are maintained, then you can use a regular bath. At the same time, before bathing a child, you just need to wash it thoroughly with the use of baking soda (you can not use special means with chlorine in any case).
Secret "bathing technologies"
On how to properly bathe a newborn, you can check with your local pediatrician, grandmothers or more experienced girlfriends, but their advice is not always helpful. Nevertheless, there are rules that all parents must adhere to:
- you need to bathe the crumbs daily. For a day the child "spoils" at least 40 diapers and regurgitates after each feeding, so frequent water procedures will only benefit him;
- do not abuse penki, shampoos and gels for bathing - you can use them not more than once a week. Use herbal decoctions and infusions without the appointment of a pediatrician is also not necessary. For children of monthly age in water, several crystals of potassium permanganate can be dissolved;
- bathing water does not need to be boiled. The main thing is to monitor its cleanliness and absence of visible impurities in it (rust, dirt, etc.);
- it is important to maintain the correct temperature of the water in the bath. It should be within 36-38 degrees. Bathing time should be from 10 minutes;
- you can not leave a baby alone in the water for a second.
And what about after swimming?
Knowing how to properly bathe a newborn is not enough. After water procedures, you must also follow certain rules:
- getting the baby out of the water, you need to put it on a soft cloth and gently pat the entire body. In no case can not rub the skin with a towel - it can damage it;
- light massage will go to the child for good. Delicate stroking improves blood circulation, relieves hypertonic muscles and provides complete relaxation of the body;
- to put on crumbs it is possible only after the skin has completely dried;
- use a lot of creams, oils and powders is not necessary - it can disrupt the water balance of the tender baby skin. Cream for a diaper will be enough.
All of the above recommendations are mandatory. The remaining points concerning how to properly bathe a newborn should be determined by the parents individually.