Blender is an electrical appliance, the purpose of which is to grind food, prepare mashed potatoes and emulsions, whisk beverages, mousses, and ice chips. This device can perform many functions, especially if equipped with additional nozzles and containers. How to use a blender to cook tasty and healthy dishes? Let's find out.
Description of stationary blenders
These kitchen electrical appliances are divided into two types: submersible and stationary. First, we describe the second. A stationary blender is a stable base, a housing with an integrated electric motor, on which a high narrow bowl with a closing lid and blade blades on the bottom is installed from above. The walls of the bowl are made of glass (the most durable and practical in use) or plastic. This material has the following disadvantage: from a high temperature the bowl can darken, so it is impossible to grind hot products in it. How correctly to use blender of stationary type? In the bowl, pour finely chopped products, close the lid, plug into an outlet and press the button. The cooking time depends on the volume and density of the food. Such a blender is ideal for making milk cocktails with ice cream and berries, fruit and vegetable smoothies, whipping dough for pancakes, chopping ice for cocktails.
Precautions when using a stationary device
Using this type of device, you need to follow the following rules how to use a blender:
- do not put large products in the bowl, they should be cut into small pieces (so the food will be ready sooner);
- do not use hot foods;
- leave some free space under the lid, at least 2 cm (so that the motor does not overheat).
If you want to cook a large dish, do not immediately put all the ingredients, it is better to add them a little, sometimes shaking the glass. So you extend the life of the device and get a uniformly mixed product.
Description of submersible blenders
The second type of electrical appliance is a modified high-speed mixer, which is equipped with a single blade knife-knife instead of coronets. It can be described as a long handle, inside which a motor is installed, and a replaceable nozzle. The simplest bundle includes a knife cap, and the more complete ones contain a beater for whipping and other various nozzles, bowls (narrow and high, like a stationary device) and even storage containers. In contrast to the standard, these devices can grind even the greens, finely chop the onion into cutlets, turn a small amount of meat into minced meat and even dried bread slices to convert to breadcrumbs. And this is only with the help of a standard nozzle. The advantage of such a device is that the volume of products for processing is not limited, the blender can be loaded in a small cup, as well as in a large saucepan, by preparing the soup-puree for the whole family at a time. Bowls and containers should be chosen with high walls to avoid splashing.
How to use an immersion blender
Applying this kind of device, you also need to follow simple rules:
- the device should not run idle, as it overheats very quickly;
- it is impossible to grind solid products without the content of juice or liquid, immerse in boiling water;
- solid products need to be processed in small portions;
- if you need to grind a large amount of food, take breaks in work;
- after work, rinse the nozzle thoroughly with water so that pieces of food do not dry on it.
The last rule applies to all blenders, after use they need to be cleaned, the nozzle is washed, and the body is wiped with a damp cloth, without touching the metal contacts. The very process of work does not cause difficulties, so it's easy to understand in practice how to use a blender.
What to cook with a blender and its baits
If you bought the device yourself, then for sure you already have plans to make it with it. But there are cases when the device is presented as a gift, and you do not know what they do with a blender. The main work, which the device will cope with, is the preparation of any puree, including soup, cocktails and drinks. With the help of a standard nozzle, you can prepare various sauces (for example pesto) and gravy, chop the meat into minced meat, even chicken with skin, onion and garlic for cutlets, turn breadcrumbs into breadcrumbs, grind coffee, crumble ice, cook pie or mix mayonnaise. With the use of a headpiece, the whites will easily break into fibers, a homogeneous dough is mixed. It happens that the blender is supplemented with a bowl with nozzles-graters: it will make it easier to cut vegetables for soups, cutlets, beautiful decoration of ready dishes.
Blender is a great helper to young mothers.
If you still doubt, do you need such a device, you should not buy it. But if you are a young mother, then you can not do without it. When the moment of introducing complementary foods comes to the baby, the blender will become an indispensable assistant. You can grind very small portions, so that each time your baby enjoys freshly prepared dishes. Blender will grind to it boiled vegetables, fruits, meat with a small amount of broth - you decide what to pamper the growing body. And if the kid already asks you to taste your food, but can not chew until just grind him a bit of his soup or second course. Young people quickly understand how to use a blender.
And a couple of tips for choosing the device:
- When buying a blender, pay attention to the material from which the small parts are made. Knives are best used in metal, stainless steel or aluminum oxide. Do not save on your health and longevity of the service device: plastic nozzles quickly break.
- Examine your kitchen and select the place where the appliance will be installed (if it's a stationary blender). In many kitchens there is very little work space, so you should buy a device that performs as many functions as possible and replaces several devices. Also, note that the design and color are in harmony with the kitchen decoration.
- Proceed from the number of people in the family: a large family will need a high-power device with a large bowl.
The devices of different manufacturers differ little in the way they are used, so the instructions on how to use the Philips blender are similar to any others (Bosch, Brown, Scarlet, Mulinex, Vitek, Polaris etc.).