How to whiten white thing at home: advice to housewives
Increased water hardness, impurities contained in it, sweat, and time itself are merciless to white things - they begin to turn yellow. Often white things are painted when they are accidentally erased with colored ones that shed. Sometimes at hand there may not be a store of bleach, and the prices for dry cleaning are very high. Therefore, many housewives ask the question: "How to whiten white thing at home?"
To bleach a thing from a clap is much easier, than synthetics. There are several ways:
1. Old good "Whiteness". The pleasant price and availability of this product in every hardware store since Soviet times make it very popular with housewives. How to whiten white things "Belize"? Soak the laundry in cold water for 2 hours, drain and pour with hot water. Then add 100 ml of "Whiteness". Leave for 5-10 minutes, rinse and wash in clean hot water. The minus of this method is the smell of bleach from the remedy.
2. Household soap. This irreplaceable assistant mistress will be able to return the former whiteness of her favorite thing at no particular cost. Condition one - soap should be as concentrated as possible (this is usually indicated directly on the piece, the impression), that is, find a piece of "Soviet" soap - a brick of dark color. Soak a thing in cold water for 2-3 hours, then pour hot water and thoroughly soap. In the resulting foam, the thing should lie for 30-60 minutes, then just wash it with your hands.
You probably noticed that when I tell you how to whiten a white thing at home, I write "soak in cold water." Why not hot? The answer is simple: often things turn yellow with sweat and other cutaneous secretions, which dissolve in cold and warm water. Before you can bleach the painted white thing, it can be soaked in hot water.
3. The next way is hydrogen peroxide. How to whiten a white thing at home with it? Simply dilute 3 tablespoons in 8 liters of water or 9 tablets of hydroperite per 10 liters and immerse the laundry in the solution for 30-40 minutes. Rinse and dry under bright sunlight - they will finish bleaching due to ultraviolet light.
If a thing of wool or silk has turned yellow, remember that chlorine bleaches can not be used! How to whiten white thing at home, if it is sewn from these materials?
1. Household soap. Everything is the same as described above. One nuance - if the thing is woolen, rinse it with conditioner for linen, so as not to become stiff.
2. 8 tablespoons of table salt plus 3 spoons of powder. This mixture is poured with 12 liters of water with three spoons of ammonia and hydrogen peroxide added to it. The water must be warm. Rinse the laundry in this solution and leave for 4 hours. Rinse out. To avoid the appearance of spools, a wool thing can be placed for an hour in the freezer.
As you can see, the methods of returning the former whiteness to yellowed things are rather simple and do not need special expenses. There is also the simplest method of bleaching, which many housewives use - it is forgotten by many boiling laundry. However, remember that many tissues can not be boiled - the fabric may fade or become thinner. Boiling is most suitable for bed linen, tablecloths, towels and curtains.