How to teach a child to sit
With the advent of a baby in the family, life changes radically. The interests of the parents are now directed solely at the new little man. The health of the child becomes the main topic of discussion among relatives. It is difficult to find a mother who would not be worried about the development of her baby. Comparing the achievements of the daughter or son with the generally accepted norms, you can see some differences. Do not panic, because all the children develop differently.
Today we will talk about the child's ability to sit. This is a serious step in the development of crumbs, which also has certain deadlines. How to teach a child to sit? You will find out about it below.
At what age does the child begin to sit?
We have already mentioned above that the terms of development are relative. Many children do not fit into generally accepted norms, but they are absolutely healthy.
As for the ability to sit, the children learn this skill usually at the age of 4 to 9 months. Some pediatricians still insist that a half-year-old baby simply has to be able to sit, but this is a myth.
The time when your child sits alone can be due to a number of factors. Let's highlight the main points to which you should pay attention:
- A plump child begins to sit usually after his peers who weigh less. Heavyweight baby is more difficult to keep his body in a vertical position.
- An important factor is the hereditary factor. Ask your parents when you started to sit on your own.
- Do not forget also about the psychological nuance - about the temperament. Choleric and sanguine men usually master all motor skills before. The development of melancholic can be slightly delayed.
- The main factor is the development of muscles in the child. The stronger the muscles of the back and legs, the faster the baby will learn to sit. Speeding up this process is quite possible for parents with the help of massages and therapeutic gymnastics.
How to teach a child to sit and not hurt him?
Any grandmother will answer this question easily: put the child on pillows and leave in a sitting position for a while. This method was used by mothers only very recently. It was customary to put the child in at 4 months old.
Today, pediatricians agreed that it is strictly forbidden to do this. To be frank, the answer to the question of how to teach a child to sit is very simple: "No way." Do not try to make the kid do what he is not yet physically ready for. Earlier, planting can lead to the fact that the spine of your crumbs will not form correctly. Also, such parental experiments can cause considerable problems with the back of their child during adulthood.
Every person who comes into the world has his own program, which is almost impossible to change. Therefore, the question of how to teach the child to sit, we replace with the following: "How to help the baby sit down?".
- Do not plant a child, even holding it on your lap, if he has not yet sat on his own.
- Pillows will be needed to close all the sharp corners on the furniture and put next to the child, protecting it from a blow in the fall.
- Regularly do massages and gymnastics, which will help to strengthen the muscular corset.
- Encourage the crawling of the baby. To do this, scatter on the floor your favorite crumbs toys so that he aspires to get them.
- Put the child on the back and give him index fingers. Let him grab for them and lift the hull. Just do not pull it yourself.