How to teach a parrot Corella to speak: advice to the owner
If the house has a parrot, then you must certainly try to teach him to speak. Especially if it's a coral - a favorite kind of parrots. It is believed that they have the ability to reproduce sounds, but it is much smaller than in larger species. How to teach a parrot corella to say what you need to know for this? Here are a few recommendations, after which you can do it. But remember, there is no guarantee in the matter of "how to teach a parrot chicken to talk". So stop torturing the bird if you see that the matter does not move from the dead end.
How to teach a parrot chicken to talk? Take into account the features
Many owners of the Corella managed to achieve that their parrot learned to reproduce sounds. It is the sounds, because these birds can repeat not only human speech in the form of words, but also the sounds of nature, and household signals (phone ring, alarm clock, device timers).
However, the ability of the corella to reproduce speech is an individual trait of a particular parrot, and not a feature of the breed. Therefore, if your korella does not speak after a few lessons, then, most likely, this will never happen. Leave your attempts, do not come up with new ways of teaching. And just enjoy the company of this interesting creature.
So, how to teach a parrot corella to say:
- Only one parrot should be taught. If there are two of them, then it is necessary to separate the birds for the training period. Individuals in a pair do not need to communicate with someone else.
- Male males are more capable of learning. A talking female is a great rarity.
- Allocate time for lessons in the morning and evening. Their duration should be within 15-30 minutes.
- Start with one word - short, but clear and capacious, say, "hello." Know that the first word is the most important, after telling it, your parrot may begin to recite poetry. There are examples.
- Select the words you speak clearly, clearly and if possible with a high tonality. Birds take this speech more easily. Do many repetitions, each time uttering the same word.
- Classes should not be limited only to the morning or evening hours. Every time you walk past a cage, speak aloud the learned word.
- It is more effective to deal with a parrot, which is 2.5-3 months old.
- To make the lessons go well, create a comfortable environment. Parrot should not distract from the process, so eliminate the sources of sounds, light. Make sure that the pet is full, not thirsty and in a good mood. Otherwise, you will only waste time.
- If you are thinking about how to teach a parrot the Corella to speak, then use special training disks. However, this does not mean that you will have to step yourself out of the process. The disks will simply alleviate the problem, since one word will have to be repeated countless times. In addition, these materials contain records of melodies and various sounds, to reproduction of which the corelles have great abilities.
- Provide enough time for training, be in a good mood, do not use complex phrases, repeat words clearly and slowly. Training should be methodical and regular, and not occasionally. However, as mentioned, it must be stopped if the bird does not show the desired results for a long time.
Here are the most important points of the learning process for a bird such as a parrot corale. How to teach to speak it without problems and is it possible? Much will depend on your patience and the nature of the pet, the main thing is not to put great hopes on this process. Then, in case of failure, you will not experience disappointment.