How to teach children to skate? Tips and Tricks
Children are very mobile, curious and fairly easy to learn, so there should be no difficulties in order to interest in a new kind of entertainment. And besides, it would help to channel their boundless energy into a peaceful channel. Especially since this is one of those activities that you can do for the whole family. Teaching children roller skating is a serious matter and requires preliminary preparation, especially if you yourself are not a master of driving. Now we will consider the main stages of study.
When to train?
No less burning issue, which often arises from parents who decided to attach their child to this kind of sport: for how many years children roll on roller skates? According to experts, the earliest age is five years, when a child can be trained. But it is recommended to do this even closer to seven years.
Preparatory stage: selection of videos
First, you need to familiarize yourself with different models of roller skates and types of protection. In addition, you need to know the physical capabilities of your child. Because if his leg did not grow to the minimum size of the rollers, then it's worth to wait with their purchase.
Well, if the purchase is still not postponed, then the first thing that you need to pay attention to when choosing clips is the manufacturer. You need to see children's roller skates of companies such as Roces, Fila, Powerslide, K2 and Rollerblade. You can, of course, choose models of another firm, but often they are of a worse quality.
If you want your child to be able to wear roller skates for several seasons, then it's worth to buy a sliding one. In addition, the good producers of children's videos are always like that. The smallest size of videos for children that you can find is the 25th. But most firms are engaged in their production from the 29th.
How to choose?
It is important not only to correctly choose the size of skates, but also their convenience. Therefore, they should be taken with a preliminary fitting. And since quite often a child can not determine whether it is convenient for him or not, then there are several ways to help you:
- The roller of the rollers should keep the leg well, not allowing it to dangle or fall over. Also, nowhere and nothing should be reaped.
- Rollers should be light - the less they weigh, the easier it will be for your child to skate.
- Sliding should not affect (reduce) their convenience. Best of all, if the toe is protruding, then the child will not have to be assimilated with the weight distribution relative to the frame again.
- The rollers must have replaceable bearings and wheels. The fact that the model for children put a slow bearing and wheels of smaller diameter. This is done so that, while they are learning, do not drive at high speed into something hard.
- An integral part is the protection kit: knee pads, elbow pads, handhelds and helmet. It is important that they hold on and do not slip off their knees and elbows.
Take the first steps
How to quickly teach a child to ride rollerblades? Often in the reviews you come across the fact that the young roller just got up and drove off. Perhaps this was true, but it would be best to help your child, and to begin with, teach him the main rack. Then in the future it will accelerate learning. It looks like this: the socks apart, the heels together, the legs in the knees are slightly bent, the entire body of the body is tilted forward. It is important that the entire body, not just the shoulders, be inclined. This stage of training is best spent at home on a carpet or in a park on a lawn - here the surface will not allow the rollers to roll, which in turn helps to get used to properly keep the balance.
After you can swing in different directions, then lift one leg over the ground. Already at this stage, most likely, there will be a fall. But it's for the best - at the same time teach the future of the roller to get up. To do this, he must make the following movements: first put on the ground one roller with all four wheels, and in front of him abut both hands, then pull up the second leg and set it perpendicular to the first one also on all wheels. Now you can get up.
How to teach children to skate? Next, consider the exercises that will help move forward. The first one is lanterns, it starts from the position of the heel together, and the socks are apart to move, you have to bend forward a little. It will be better if you insure the child in front, holding her arms outstretched. Then, as the motion progresses, the rollers will move apart, and at the same time it is necessary to slightly bend the legs in the knees. Finish the maneuver, pointing the socks inside, but not bringing them to the end. And at the end of the resulting circle, you should straighten the case.
To teach a beginner roller, there is also an exercise called a snake. The initial position here is this: the legs should stand parallel to each other, and the movement to begin, pushing the heels. At the same time roll, wagging from side to side, the legs should be near. When a child learns to do this exercise, you can complicate it - learn to make a snake backwards.
We figured out how to teach children to skate on rollerblades, and you need to teach them to fall right to avoid unnecessary pain. To do this, you need to intelligibly explain to the child that you should not fall back on the back and the neck - painless to fall forward, first on the knee pads, behind them on the elbow pads and complete the protection on the hands - this will extinguish the force of the blow. Be sure to make trial drops on the lawn.
Learning to slow down
With how to teach children to skate on roller skates, figured out, it's left for small - to teach them to slow down. There are about a dozen ways to do this, but it is unlikely that your child will immediately master them. Because at first he will have to use an assisting brake, such as: Mom and Dad, benches with lampposts (it should be approached from the side, not on the forehead) or simply leave on the lawn - rollers on the ground do not drive. And the two named are the simplest of them.
We brake correctly. Good options
But let us consider a few more basic methods of inhibition:
- Using a regular brake of plastic and rubber. This is not the most effective way, but suitable for beginners because of the ease of its study. It is so: the child rolls on rollers and chooses the right rack. Then he pushes the skate with the brake forward, raising the sock to himself, - the brake will come into contact with the asphalt, and it will stop. But we must bear in mind that it is necessary to begin braking in advance, since it will not be possible to stop immediately on skates.
- A plow is another way for a beginner roller, it will also be easy to remember. This braking is like the final part of a flashlight. Only here, with the help of muscle strength, the legs are not allowed to converge, but are held at an angle to the direction of movement, observing a distance between them.
- T-stop - the disadvantage of this method is that, with its frequent use, the wheels are quickly erased from one side. In addition, it will suit someone who is well-balanced when riding on one leg. The same braking is as follows: start one roller after another so that he gets all four wheels perpendicular to the motion.
Now you know how to teach children to skate. In conclusion, note that for training choose places with an even asphalt surface, where cars do not go and not so many people. It is important that the child was fully protected by rollers for children and there was insurance in your face. Also, finally, the tip: to secure it is better to stay behind the roller and a little sideways - so you will have time to help the child keep his balance or catch in the fall.