How to use a descaling agent for a coffee machine to clean the machine
There are many ways to prepare an invigorating coffee. It is to cook, and not to brew soluble. Some people prefer to cook it in a Turkish, others use coffee makers. But recently many connoisseurs of this wonderful drink prefer coffee machines. And it's not surprising, they greatly facilitate cooking. All that is needed is to fill the filter with a portion of freshly ground coffee, lightly crush it with the aid of a pressure relief device and place it in a holder, which in turn is fixed to the coffee machine. A few seconds - and we get a rich, fragrant, with a wonderful foam espresso or americano, and you can and cappuccino.
Appearance of scale
But coffee machines have an evil enemy, because of which they most often fail. Without proper care on the water heating elements, a deposit of solid calcium and other minerals that are contained in the water is formed. Scum clogs the culverts, complicating the flow of heated liquid in the system. It destroys rubber and plastic parts, damaging the apparatus. Scale can cause the following breakdowns:
- when preparing coffee, water is not flowing well or at all;
- when the coffee machine is turned on, the water flows on the body;
- during the preparation of the drink the volume of the pump is higher than usual;
- in the steam mode with the tap open, particles of scale are emitted from the tube.
To eliminate the above-mentioned malfunctions, you often have to pay a round sum. Therefore, to prevent breakage, manufacturers recommend using a descaling agent for a coffee machine.
How to clean a coffee machine
Typically, the instructions to the machine details the type of cleaning that best suits their product. We will consider a universal approach. Scum is recommended to remove after cooking about 200-250 cups of drink. Much depends on the rigidity of water. To clean the device, we need a liquid antiperspirant for the coffee machine. It can be purchased in a supermarket, which sells appliances or accessories for coffee shops. So, for processing the following actions are performed:
- Fill the tank with a solution that contains a descaling agent for the espresso machine, prepared as described in the instructions on the package.
- Switch on the machine.
- Install the container under the cappuccino. The filter must be removed.
- Wait until the water warms up, this is indicated by the indicator or the display of the coffee machine.
- Then drain about ¼ of the solution, wait 5 minutes and repeat the procedure for draining the water. So until the reservoir is completely emptied. Periodically lower the steam, if such a function is provided.
- Fill the tank again with clean water and, draining the water, empty it. Repeat the procedure 2-3 times.
It is important to remember that the descaling agent for the espresso machine must be stored out of the reach of children.
How to clean a coffee machine with automatic cleaning function
The situation is simpler if the automatic cleaning function is built in the coffee machine. Devices with a display are equipped with a built-in counting counter. Thanks to such a device, the coffee machine signals that cleaning is necessary. This is indicated by a corresponding inscription or signal. Usually this function is started after the coffee machine has used 15-25 liters of water.
The method of cleaning such a device is as follows. Take the antiperspirant for the Saeco coffee machine.
- Fill the prepared cleaning solution into the tank. We prepare a pallet for waste, it must be clean.
- We press the button, intended for cleaning the device.
- As necessary, add water and clean the pallet. Everything else the coffee machine will do in the "automatic" mode.
Remedy for scale
As a rule, brand manufacturers of machines for making coffee in passing produce a descaling agent for a coffee machine of its own production. Using proprietary tools, you can rely on warranty repair in the event of a breakdown without unnecessary claims. For example, Philips recommends the descaling agent for the Saeco coffee machine for cleaning. It is designed to remove scale and protect against corrosion. It also helps to get rid of the formation of calcareous sediment, which spoils the taste and aroma of the drink. In addition, regular cleaning prolongs the life of your coffee machine.
Descaling agent for coffee machine: composition of liquid
On the packaging of the cleaning agent, there is usually little information on the product. Typically, most of the solution is citric acid, then non-ionic surfactants, malic acid, sodium citrate and various auxiliaries. Although most components are non-toxic, they still require careful handling. If liquid has got into the eyes or into the mouth, do not panic. Rinse with plenty of water, if irritation persists, consult a doctor.
A coffee machine requires regular maintenance, and scale agents are sometimes inaccessible or out of pocket. Some people use folk methods. We learned that citric acid is the main ingredient in a cleaning product. Nobody interferes with you to make your own solution with the help of citric acid. But there is no guarantee that he will help to get rid of the scum in the coffee machine.