Instruction: how to change the watch strap
No matter how good and expensive the watch is, they have the main sensitive place, namely the bracelet. Famous brands release watch movements, which for a long time will please the accuracy and design. During this time, the strap will slowly wear out and become unusable, so it's important to know how to change the strap on the watch. It is an integral part of the overall stylistics of watches. Loss or incorrectly selected style can spoil the look of the most expensive watches.
Replacing the bracelet will not only help save your favorite watches, but will also give you the opportunity to come up with a different style. There are a lot of straps and bracelets of various sizes, shades, styles, materials for both men and women. And as on the watch to change the strap, you will find out below.
How the bracelet is attached to the watch body
To fix straps and bracelets, special ears are used, some of them are called pins, rods and so on. The part is a tube, in the middle of which there is a spring, rods that look different are peeped from this tube. Actually, these rods and keep the eye in the watch case under the influence of the spring. To ensure that the pins do not slip out of the tube under the action of the spring, they are pressed in, but they have a free path of several millimeters along the length of the axis of the eyelet. Just this free stroke and allows you to remove or insert the "ears" from the hour eyes. "Ears" are made of stainless steel, brass, they can be equipped with a longitudinal cut (mostly used in budgetary options and short-lived) or a single tube.
How to change the strap on the watch: removing the bracelet
- In order to unfasten the bracelet from the watch case, it is required to "drown" the protruding pin. From the back part there are special grooves that will help to do this.
- Use a thin sharp-pointed screwdriver to send the pin into the inside of the tube and take out the bracelet.
- Removing the strap. Watch straps, unlike the bracelet, do not have any grooves on the wrong side (with the exception of plastic and silicone straps), because they are flexible. Because of this distinctive feature, the protruding pin can be "drowned" with a knife or the same sharp screwdriver.
Important! When removing the strap / bracelet, you must be extremely careful and keep the bulging pin, because due to the prolonged wearing of the clock, the pressed pin can disperse and pop out under the action of the spring.
How to install a bracelet
How do I change the watch strap? To properly fix the bracelet / strap, you must follow certain rules:
- When installing a new strap or bracelet, make sure that its width corresponds to the distance defined for it. If the width is smaller, there is a possibility that the "eye" will fall out spontaneously.
- The bracelet must be attached in such a way that the lock is not opened from the value 12, but from the number 6. When attaching a bracelet that consists of 2 parts, the element that has the buckle must be fastened over the number 12, therefore, without the buckle under the digit 6.
How to change the watch strap by yourself, you now know, the main thing is to fix everything well, so as not to lose your favorite watch by chance.