Toy for a cat - do it yourself or buy
All cats love to play, and their owners can spend long hours playing with them and watching their behavior. To give pets the opportunity to have fun, do not need to spend a lot of money. Moreover, the cat will be happy even for self-made toys, for the creation of which you can connect children. Any landlady will always have the necessary materials for manufacturing, and there's no need to spend much time on it! Shops offer a wide range of feline fun, but do you know what your favorite prefers? Who is she by nature: birdwatchers, mousers or thinkers? These house predators like to chase, attack, grab, carry, bite and skate.
How to make a toy yourself
Encourage the hunter's instinct in an animal. Cat toy should look like bait. You can build it in different ways.
- Attach a plain sheet of compressed paper to the rope. Watching the swaying of this bow, the animal will think that the "victim" is alive.
- By tying any soft toy to the belt from the old dressing gown, your child will certainly carry a fluffy pet.
- Do the chick. Which cat does not want to chase a bird? To do this, glue the tennis ball and golf ball. They have different sizes, the smaller of them is similar to the head, the larger one - to the body. Place them in a rectangular bag of bright fabric, sew up the hole and wrap around the neck with a tight cord, tightly tying its ends. For the tail, use the short pieces of ribbons or laces connected together, attaching them to the bottom. Draw a non-toxic marker. Under them place a beak from a piece of a rigid braid, fixing it in the middle so that the tips stick out. A little lower you can attach a tie, and a toy for a cat is ready.
- Make the mouse - the most typical object of cat hunting! Two pompons from the old hats put in a cut out of a gray felt drop-shaped pocket. On the upper part, sew two eyes. Then pat the remaining hole by inserting a tail from the lace into it.
- Use improvised items. Lanterns and laser pointers are a great way to entertain an animal (and you). Turn off the light and aim the rays in different directions. Murka will chase lighted dots or streams of light for a long time if she is in the mood.
Consider the likelihood of colliding with other things during the pursuit, be careful not to harm the pet. When using a laser pointer, be careful not to direct the beam into the eyes of an animal.
Be creative about household items. An excellent toy for a cat is a paper bag from a grocery store, an empty sewing coil for yarn, empty containers (carefully washed in advance), crumpled paper and so on - all this can be used for entertainment.
- It's time to eat. Put the dry food inside an open plastic bottle with a wide neck. Your pet, pushing and twisting it, will get food during the game.
- Throw a ping-pong ball; your furry friend will chase him for a long time. Just know that this can be a rather noisy event, so if someone is taking a nap, try again later.
- Use boxes like shelters or houses. Cut out the windows and doors in them for easy access of the mustached friend. Hang inside the toys, securing them on top - a gorgeous bat effect. If you use large boxes, then the cat can play inside and hide. When they think that they are invisible, they can jump out at any time to an unsuspecting victim, so be careful!
- Soap bubbles are also a great way to have fun in the company of animals and children at the same time.
- "Mouse under the blanket" is an old proven method when the arm or leg moves under a blanket in a chaotic order. Just be careful with flirting - the attacking huntress can scratch very hard!
- An interesting toy for a cat is a large mirror. It will provide several hours of free entertainment, because some furry specimens like to watch or attack the double reflected there.
- Fasten the elastic in the form of a swing between the chairs and slightly push it. A curious creature will pay attention to this unusual moving thing. Clutching at him with teeth or claws, be sure to shake.
In addition, quite often the owners use cleaning tools (mops, brooms, vacuum cleaners) as toys for cats. The photo below shows how a furry miracle rolls on a small robot vacuum cleaner.
A fairly wide range of interactive toys are represented by pet stores. Some of them are more simple and created on the basis of the above-described fun, only move automatically, and not with the help of a person.Others are made in the form of a complex, for example, a toy "Track for cats" with an exciting pursuit for rapidly spinning and loudly beating balls. The cat's gaze will follow through the holes behind the balls rolling inside. The fluffy pet will try to catch them again and again, and so on ad infinitum. If this is not enough, a small fur mouse is fixed on the vertical spring, which moves from the touch of the paws trying to grab it. The spring has a protective coating to prevent injury. For a special excitement, you can put in solid pieces of food or catnip. The effect will surpass all expectations.