A good father: the main characteristics, features and practical recommendations
In women, the maternal instinct is inherent from birth. As a child, they show their concern and affection for puppets, animals, younger brothers and sisters. Taking their child in their arms, they instinctively feel all of his needs. If we talk about such a category as a "good father", then not every man can be considered as such. For a stronger sex, a child is certainly happiness. Nevertheless, many can relate to the role of the pope lightly. Fortunately, everything (and even fatherhood) can be learned.
Why is it important to be a good father?
In the modern world it is extremely important to be a good father to a son or daughter. Unfortunately, life is not always favorable not only to adults, but also to children. The Pope is the chief defender who can protect his child from all the injustices and dangers that lurk around. In addition, the parent must pass on to his child a priceless life experience that will help him to overcome obstacles himself.
Who is a good father? First of all, he who teaches the child to live. Teaches you to distinguish between good and bad, right from wrong. Unfortunately, children deprived of their father's love often turn off the right path, linking with a bad company, taking a great interest in alcohol and other bad habits. Of course, having a good dad next does not guarantee a happy fate, but this person can warn and protect his child from mistakes.
What prevents to be a good father?
Unfortunately, men who can be said: "He is a good father!" Is not so much. Especially when it comes to young dads, who themselves can still be considered children. The main reason is the fear of paternity. Marriage and the birth of children seem to the man the end of a free life. In addition, the child must be responsible. Therefore, many popes prefer to adhere to the outdated theory that the mother should be engaged in the upbringing of the child.
Another reason that can prevent a man from establishing contact with the child is grandparents and other relatives. The desire to help a young family in raising a child is certainly valuable. Nevertheless, it is worth implementing only when there is an objective need for it. Otherwise, young parents (and especially fathers) lose a sense of responsibility for their child.
And of course, the psychological quality in the family is often influenced by the father's qualities. The discord between husband and wife often affects the relationship with the child. But here it is important to understand that a good father is not necessarily the one who lives in a family. This is the person who cares about the baby and shows interest to him, regardless of life circumstances.
Sooner or later, many men begin to think about how to become a better father and a good father. In this case it is important to listen to your inner voice, not relying on generally accepted standards and ideals from the cinema. Nevertheless, there are a number of key characteristics that any parent should match:
- unselfish love for their children, regardless of life circumstances;
- openness to communication and willingness to share with his children his life experience;
- you need to spend as much time with the children as possible, because neither money nor gifts will replace your father's attention;
- persistence and patience, even if the kids are capricious and refuse to obey;
- you need to be a good example for your children;
- do not be too serious in dealing with kids, because there must always be a place for fun;
- the ability to provide children with everything necessary for a full life;
- constant self-improvement and personal growth, which will open new opportunities not only for the father, but also for the children.
How children imagine good fathers
If you do not know how to be a good father, do not go for advice to adults. The children themselves will answer this question best. So, the kids distinguish the following qualities of an ideal dad:
- a man with golden hands who can always fix a toy and repair everything in the house;
- a modern man who is not obsessed with conservative views (you should be loyal to all the fashion trends that your children want to follow);
- can always cheer not only the child, but the whole family, and any difficulty to draw as a joke;
- believes in the ability of their children and supports them in every way on their way to success;
- is primarily not a strict parent, but a loyal and reliable friend, to whom one can turn for help even in the most delicate situations;
- respectfully and with awe of his wife (even if they have not lived together for a long time);
- can always establish order in the house, without resorting to cries and violence;
- fulfills promises, and also does not give false hopes;
- all his actions are aimed at satisfying the interests and needs of the family;
- can give valuable advice in any situation.
How to become a good father - practical recommendations
Trying to become a worthy father for his child, many men go into extremes, following the standards and meaningless advice of others. Nevertheless, if you are not sure of the correctness of the actions that your heart tells you, it is better to consult the advice of psychologists who focus on the following points:
- Leave the idea of becoming the best. It is not so important to be able to change diapers and build a designer, like the ability to create a warm family atmosphere.
- Do not get hung up on the baby. After his appearance, you must continue to live the same way as before. Of course, the baby will make adjustments to your life schedule, however you should not deny yourself such pleasures as going to the theater, traveling to rest, etc. If you have a good mood, then communication with the child will be much easier.
- Do not shift the burden of caring for the child to the mother. At least a couple of times a week, stay alone with the baby, giving his wife a personal time to sit around with friends and go shopping. So you can establish personal contact with a crumb and establish a healthy atmosphere in the family.
- Try to remember in detail your childhood - what you liked and what was missing. Try to create the ideal for the child, from your point of view, conditions.
- In no case do not resort to assault in the family. Even once stumbled, a good father in the eyes of a child will turn into a family tyrant.
- Never listen to the advice of others (especially if you did not ask someone else's opinion). Every family and every child is unique. Educate your children, guided by your inner instincts.
- Childhood is incredibly fast, and therefore appreciate this time, spending with your child every free minute.
A good dad for a boy
In the education of a boy, perhaps, the most important role is played by a good father. The characteristics that a parent should have are the following:
- the ability to say "can not" to denote the limits of what is permissible;
- ability to make demands and stimulate unconditional implementation;
- protecting your son, do not forget that adults in his eyes should remain an authority;
- do not make an idol of yourself, because you are a simple person who can make mistakes;
- in order to become a good father in the future, a child from the very childhood must understand the value of the family, which is important to show by example;
- be a real man, but do not overdo it.
A good dad for a girl
Many men are interested in how to become a good father for a son. And daughters, in turn, need a loving father. Despite the fact that the main importance in the education of girls is given to mothers, sometimes the pope can play a decisive role in shaping the character and outlook.
The main mission of the father in the upbringing of the daughter is protection from all the hardships of the surrounding world. Feeling the support of the pope, the girls will be much easier to endure life's difficulties and adversity. In addition, the father is a kind of ideal, on which the daughter must rely in choosing his partner in life.
How to raise a good father from a husband
Despite the fact that in modern society women work on a par with a strong gender, many men are still guided by the remnants of the past. Considering the education of children as the duty of the wife, they practically do not pay attention to their children. Nevertheless, smart women know some tricks, thanks to which you can make your father a good father:
- despite the fact that a man may not have the necessary skills in dealing with children, he should never be dismissed, and especially if he himself takes the initiative;
- assign a number of responsibilities for the care of the child (for example, bathing, preparing mixtures, lulling, etc.);
- as often as possible leave your father alone with the child (and, meanwhile, go to the beauty salon or to the shops).
Sometimes it is the woman who plays the decisive role in the formation of the relationship of a man with his children. A wise wife will always understand the psychology of her husband, as well as his fear of meeting and communicating with a little man. In order for the family to be happy and full, a woman should literally "teach" a man to love his child.
How to become a friend for a child
Certainly, the father is an authority for the child. Nevertheless, it is the friendship between children and parents that can give much more valuable pedagogical fruits. So, to become for your child not just a parent, but a faithful companion, one should be guided by the following tips:
- respect the child, his desires and life position, because the young age and inexperience are not at all a sign of stupidity;
- always smile at your child (even if you do not feel very well, you need to find strength);
- deserve the trust of a son or daughter, listening attentively to stories about his joys and difficulties, and also sharing his problems;
- if you spend a lot of time at work or on business trips, do not forget to call children, chatting with them about trivial matters, as well as serious things;
- find a common passion (sports, creativity, and so on).
Father is work
Paternity is hard work. With the advent of a new man in the family, a man has to completely change his way of life. The first change is that a large part of your budget will go exactly to the purchases for the baby. But the most important thing is that the father will have to completely reconsider his way of life. This is due to the fact that the child should take a positive example from his parents.
Every child needs a good father. The signs that can determine the correspondence of the parent to this rank are quite numerous. A man must carry out a colossal work on himself so that the child can be proud of him and take an example from him. Internal instincts will help you in this, as well as psychological advice.
Of course, all children love their parents, no matter how many shortcomings they have. But the relationship should not be based only on blood relationship. The child's love needs to be earned. The father in the first place should become for his son or daughter protection and support, a reliable friend, as well as earner and strong family basis.