Thoracic grunting nose: underlying causes and treatment
Ensuring proper care for newborns is the main task of parents. Many mothers are frightened when they hear that the baby grunts his nose. How can you help your baby and what is the cause of this condition?
Crusts in the nose
The main reason is the formation of crusts in the nasal passages of crumbs, which appear due to the drying of the mucous membrane inside. Drying can occur if the room is often dominated by dry air. This can often be observed at the beginning of the heating season. Why still grannychok constantly grunts his nose? Such a problem can arise because of the rare wet cleaning in the apartment or because of infrequent airing.
It is necessary to monitor the hygiene of the nasal cavity and nasopharynx every day. In the pharmacy you can buy salt solution or a special spray, which will simplify the rinsing. The price of these funds is low, so anyone can afford to buy them.
How correctly to do washing?
First you need to make sure that the room temperature tool you are using. Then put the kid on his back, not letting his head fall back. Inject 3-5 drops of the agent into each nostril and press the wings of the nose with massaging movements. After 5-8 minutes, it is necessary to clean the nasal passages with a cotton turundochka. Do not use cotton swabs or cotton wool wrapped around anything. With these tools you will help to damage the mucous membrane.
This procedure will help to soften and smoothly remove crusts from the nose. Before using the spray, read the instructions in detail, as some drugs are recommended to be administered at different dosages and in a specific position of the body. Nasal cavity hygiene should be conducted in the morning and evening every day, regardless of situations. If necessary, rinsing can be done before feeding the baby.
If the baby grunts his nose, but there is no snot, then the problem can be in a congenital disorder in the structure of the nasal passages. To exclude this option, you need to contact an otolaryngologist. In acute infectious inflammation in the nose, the baby accumulates excess mucus, which can also lead to grunting.
Often there are cases when foreign bodies enter the nasal cavity - parts from toys or rattles, insects. A daily examination of the child by the parents in this situation will help to keep the baby's nose in order and avoid grunting. If you do not get the object yourself, you should immediately contact a specialist who will not allow the foreign body to slip into the nasopharynx.
So, the main reasons that the baby grunts his nose:
- congenital malformation of the nasal cavity;
- foreign body, caught in a spout;
- infection (bacterial or viral).
What does Komarovsky say?
Children's doctor Eugene Olegovich, who is a candidate of medical sciences, has devoted several articles and programs to this problem. So, the baby grunts his nose, but there is no snot. Komarovsky on this occasion says the following:
- First of all, you need to provide the baby with the optimal temperature in the room. This is approximately 21 ° C. Relative humidity should not be more than 70%. If the room is constantly very dry, it is recommended to purchase a humidifier and turn it on for a couple of hours every day.
- Daily washing of the nose with saline or water with sea salt to moisten the aisles.
- Also, it is necessary to increase the time of walking outdoors, if the infants do not have acute illnesses. Walking will help natural cleansing and moisturizing the mucous membranes of the nose.
- A sufficient amount of drunk liquid during the day will help the body maintain the water-salt balance. After the transferred illness it is recommended to enter into the ration drinks containing vitamin C - fruit drinks or specialized juices, which can be purchased at the pharmacy.
- Inhalations with saline or decoction of medicinal herbs can be carried out, even if the baby grunts his nose, but there is no snot. It is not recommended to use vasoconstrictor drugs, as they interfere with the natural outflow of mucus, their action is directed only at the elimination of the common cold.
- Purification of the nasal sinuses can be performed using oil compositions applied to the turundochku. It should be remembered that many of them can cause an allergic reaction in the baby. Therefore, they must be used with caution.
If the baby grunts at night, then know that this can be caused by the physiological causes that will pass when the child becomes older. After birth, the body does not have time to adapt to new conditions, and the passage of air through narrow nasal paths is still difficult.
Grunting sounds for this reason are considered the norm. They will pass by themselves. Do not engage in self-medication or resort to radical measures, it is enough to perform daily washing, and eventually the sound will disappear.
Nasal septum. Curvature
Why can a child grunt? There can be many reasons. But if after consulting with a doctor it was diagnosed that the nasal septum is curved, and there is a need for surgical intervention, do not panic. Such an anomaly in the structure is observed quite often.
The doctor prescribes funds to facilitate the breathing of the baby and will recommend the age at which the operation is most favorable. It should be noted that even with this problem, the following measures are necessary: regular wet cleaning, airing and observance of a certain air temperature should be constantly under control.
Allergies in a young child
If the baby grunts his nose, what should I do? Contact the pediatrician or the otolaryngologist, he will tell the reason or point out the problem that you need to eliminate. There are cases when grunting can be caused by an allergy to a pet, then the doctor will conduct allergic tests and identify it. The animal's wool, crumpled into balls, clogs the narrow nasal passages of the baby and prevents breathing.
When a young child appears in the house, it is recommended to temporarily limit the animal's presence. An allergic reaction can also be on a laundry detergent or conditioner for laundry. Acquire these funds must be marked "hypoallergenic". A special series of household chemicals and soap products will help you to safely use them, without worrying about the possible consequences.
A small conclusion
The excitement of my mother, when she hears that the baby grunts his nose, is quite understandable. After all, every parent wants a child to grow up healthy. Monitoring right development is necessary not only at a time when the baby is very small, but also later, when it becomes more independent. It is recommended to give specialized brands to purchase toys or other developmental motor skills. They will help to exclude the possibility of small parts falling into the nasal sinuses and nasopharynx, as the quality of these toys has been tested and tested by many researchers. If the baby grunts his nose, then the reason may be even homemade sinteponovye dolls. These toys collect dust, so they should be washed regularly, no matter how often the child uses them.
From the first days of the baby's life, it is necessary to monitor the pediatrician who will monitor the health of the baby and, if treatment or surgery is needed, will immediately give it or send it to the hospital. Apply methods of treatment of traditional medicine should only be under the supervision of a specialist, as in many cases it can cause a negative reaction in the child.