Chemical reusable heater: how to use? Salt Warmer: instructions for use
Chemical salt applicators are convenient devices for warming or cooling compresses. And if you can replace salt heaters with electric appliances, then you can not do without them in a hiking trip.
Types of salt heaters
A hot water bottle is a container filled with a supersaturated brine solution, which is in an inactive state in equilibrium. For different manufacturers, the exact composition of the mixture may differ.
All existing on the market salt autonomous applicators can be divided into two large groups:
- single use;
- multiple use.
Disposable warmers have a simpler composition. Outwardly, these are small rag or rubber cases, usually of rectangular shape, in which there is a dense dry mass. When activated, this mass heats up.
A reusable chemical reheater is a more complex design. The case for it is made of rubber. Inside the case, except for the solution, there is a special trigger, which is responsible for starting the crystallization process. Also this device can have an additional microfibre cover and an electronic starter.
Why are salt applicators better than analogues?
In comparison with other autonomous heaters, chemical has several advantages:
- They can be purchased at every tourist equipment store. Reusable warmers are also sold in pharmacies and stores with goods for children.
- These devices are portable. They are small in size.
- In contrast to the same gasoline portable heaters, salt during work does not smell.
- They are easy to use.
- Chemical heaters are safe even for young children, since they are hypoallergenic and airtight.
- You do not need to buy additional filters or replacement parts.
- They are durable. The shelf life of disposable applicators is 2-3 years, and reusable applicators can be used up to 1000 applications.
And how much is the chemical reusable rechargeable bottle? The price of a heater of any kind is democratic. One-time hot-water bottle costs 20-50 rubles. And the prices for reusable devices depend on the country of manufacture, the size and shape of the heating pad, but usually range from 300-2000 rubles.
Indications for use
When treating with dry heat, the vessels expand. Because of this, blood circulation improves. Therefore, there are a number of medical indications in which a doctor can prescribe warming up with an autonomous chemical applicator:
- heart failure;
- menstrual cramps;
- pain in the legs;
- other colds.
But the warming compress can not be done with:
- acute inflammatory processes;
- pustular lesions of the skin;
- allergic skin reactions;
- with pain and spasms of unknown origin.
And when, on the contrary, it is necessary to slow blood circulation, the chemical hot-water bottle is used for cooling. Indications for this are:
- bruises and bruises;
- bleeding from the nose;
- stretching of muscles and tendons;
- high body temperature;
- flushes of blood to the head;
- the first hours after injury;
- recovery period after surgery.
But a cold chemical pad is contraindicated in case of shock, collapse and spasmodic pain in the abdomen.
For convenience of use, manufacturers make reusable applicators different in design. Mattresses and collars are best suited for heating large areas of the body: the waist, neck and joints. And special knee pads are convenient for attaching to the knee shape and tie. There are warmers in the form of insoles in shoes or linings for the nose and face.
How to make a thermal compress?
The activation of the applicator in the "heating" mode depends on the type of appliance it belongs to.
One-time hot-water bottle needs to be released from the package, then as it should be kneaded. But at the same time it is not necessary to open the bag with the filler. After this, the applicator should be left in the open air for a while. After 5-10 minutes it will become warm. This means that the hot water bottle is ready for use. It can be put in your pocket or shoes and warmed with your hands and feet for 3-4 hours. Do not allow the heater to contact the naked body.
Reusable applicators are activated with a special trigger, which usually has the form of a stick-starter:
- The trigger should be bent by squeezing the heating pad or pressing a special button. This will trigger a crystallization reaction.
- After that, the warmer should be kneaded slightly in the hands and attached to the diseased organ, so that, as it warms up, it takes on the necessary anatomical shape. A few minutes after switching on the solution will become solid.
- To prevent burns on the body, the applicator should not touch bare skin. Therefore it is better to put it in a special case or wrap it with a towel.
- To the device does not move, you need to remain at rest for the duration of the compress.
The operating time of the reheat bottle in the active state is about 30-90 minutes. After that, it must be restored.
Rules for cooling with a salt applicator
For a cold compress, a reusable salt pad is also used. The instructions for use are simple: an inactive applicator is removed to the refrigerator for half an hour, after which it is immediately ready for use.
This heater will store the cold three times longer than regular ice. And besides cold compresses to the body, it can also be used to cool equipment and food products. Similar salt applicators are used in the transportation of products.
However, it is impossible:
- Put the heated hot water bottle in the fridge. From the temperature difference, it can break.
- Cool the applicator in the freezer. At minus temperatures, the solution inside it crystallizes, hardens and becomes unusable.
Recycling and recovery of the heating pad
Immediately after use, the chemical disposable heating pad is disposed of with household waste, and reusable - only after the solution has run out within the solution within it. Until then, a reusable heating pad can be restored after each application. For this you need:
- Wait until it has finished warming and begins to cool down.
- Install the heating pad in a simple cloth.
- Place in boiling water for 5-20 m.
- Drain and allow to dry.
- Remove to the next application in a dark, dry place in which room temperature is maintained.
If necessary, a reusable heating pad can be reused immediately.
Salt Warmer for newborns
Babies often have colic and chisel. And during the cognition of the world, small children can accidentally get hurt. Therefore, the device with which the child can in a few minutes make a cooling or heating compress, so valuable when caring for children.
Autonomous applicators for children are produced in a special design. They look bright and colorful, which makes them look like toys. Such warmers, in addition to traditional compresses, use:
- for heating a stroller during a walk;
- for heating the crib at bedtime.
Any salt water bottle for babies is absolutely safe due to hermetic packaging. In this case, the device does not cause allergies and takes the form of the body.
Use of a heating pad with cosmetic procedures
A warming compress will rinse the skin before applying a nourishing mask. He will also cure small pimples and relax the muscles of his face after a hard day's work, which will have a beneficial effect on overall health and skin smoothness. To do this procedure will help the salt pad. The instruction for its use in cosmetic purposes is very simple and does not differ from the rules of use with a conventional thermal compress.
To do this, you need to activate it and attach it to the face on the area of interest. In order to not heat the heating pad, the device can be wrapped with gauze or a towel. The main thing is that both the warmer and the towel are clean, because during the compress in the enlarged pores you can bring an infection.
But it is best to buy a special device that has a suitable size and anatomical shape. In the kit to the applicator for cosmetic procedures, there is a convenient microfiber cover.
Will the warmers help in the hike?
Going on fishing, hunting or just relaxing on nature, it is necessary to take several autonomous heaters with you. They will be useful to:
- heating the sleeping bag;
- warm your hands in your pockets;
- warm and dry your feet.
To use chemical foot warmers, you just need to activate the applicators and put them into your shoes. Best for this purpose are suitable or disposable warmers, or reusable devices in the form of insoles.
But you can only heat this way locally. If the general supercooling of the body was allowed, then the compress should be discarded, since in this case the blood stream will rush to the heated organ, depriving the rest of the normal blood circulation. Which will lead to even more freezing.
Knowing how to use a chemical hot water bottle, you can have time to provide first aid in case of injury and warm up even during winter fishing.