Ironing board: dimensions folded, drawing
The ironing board is an indispensable thing in the house, because you do not feel like walking in crumpled clothes, and it's ugly, and we are not used to ironing on tables or sofas. But before buying such a useful kind of home appliances, many are asked the question: "What is it - an ideal ironing board for us? The sizes are so different, how to choose? ". Let's try to answer. To do this, you need to find out the size of the ironing board in the folded and unfolded state, and also decide what size the board is right for you: small, standard or large. In addition to the dimensions it is important to take into account several more criteria, which we will tell you at the end of the article.
Ironing boards are available in different versions: stationary, which are used in production and do not add up, they are large enough and have many additional technical devices. And the manufacturers for the mass segment and buyers are especially popular folding versions of ironing boards, which are divided into several more types, such as:
- Folding - an ordinary ironing board, the support of which is removed by folding criss-cross parallel to the countertop. Most often found in Russian apartments, because it folds and unfolds quickly enough, although it is rarely added, because in addition to its household purpose, it is still used as an additional shelf for things. Can also have a stand for iron.
- The desktop is the smallest type of the technical device in question, it has low legs (up to 50 cm) and small dimensions, it is easy to install on a regular table, but it is not suitable for ironing large things, for example, bed linen.
- Folding - at such board one narrow edge is fastened to a wall or a case by means of the special fastening which goes in the complete set with a board at purchase, and behind another it is easy to lift or lower in vertical position, having hooked or fixed. Often fastened in cabinets, pantry or other places where it will not be seen folded and it will not interfere.
- Retractable - hides under the table top, in a drawer or other secret place and, if necessary, gets in full. It is also installed quite simply if there is space of the right size. Usually it is put forward on the principle of a box on wheels, but there may be other options.
Which is more suitable?
The last 3 options are perfect for a small apartment, where there is nowhere to put a regular ironing board in both unfolded and folded form, or there are small children who strive to climb anywhere where you can and can not. In addition, an ordinary ironing board is easily dropped, and this can lead to injury. But they have one drawback - there is no iron stand, which is almost always available in the standard version with folding legs.
The dimensions of the products of different versions differ. Understand the dimensions of the ironing board drawing will help more than a simple description. Consider three types (folding, retractable and conventional), tk. The desktop version differs from the usual only in size.
Thanks to the drawing, it becomes almost clear how the legs of a regular board fold together, and how it looks in most of the manufacturers, differing only in size.
The sliding board can also be foldable, as shown in the drawing, or it can be completely pushed into the box, but then it must be large.
A bit about the sizes in words and figures
The standard dimensions of the ironing board are: length 110-150 cm (including iron support) and width 30-45 cm. The ratio of length and width varies depending on the model and the manufacturer. Most often, ironing boards with dimensions of 120 * 35 cm meet. The height can also be different due to the fact that most models have a height adjustment (usually from 10 cm to 1.20 m).
In the store you can meet the option, whose dimensions are 150-160 cm in length and 50 cm wide in the unfolded state. Such large ironing boards are often used on an industrial scale or atelier. For an ordinary apartment they are not very convenient due to the size, although it is undoubtedly more comfortable to look at them.
Small boards do not exceed 1 m in length and 30 cm in width, they can be desktop or pull-out, and when folded, it is easy to fit into a small cabinet. Their main minus has already been mentioned in the article - they are inconvenient to iron big things like bed linen.
Classic and modern models
Ironing boards, which are now sold in stores, are divided into classic and modern. Both types are suitable for standard sizes: the classic versions have dimensions of 110x30 cm and 120x38 cm, and modern ones have 140х40 cm and 148х45 cm. More often than not, a classic ironing board is purchased, the size of which is about 155 * 40 * 12 cm folded. conveniently.
If you plan each time to collect it, you need to find a place where it will fit well and where the ironing board will not interfere. The dimensions in the folded form are almost the same for all variants: 140-160 cm in length and 40-50 in width. The thickness is small: about 10-20 cm. Retractable, folding and table ironing boards in folded form have approximately the same dimensions as in the unfolded.
Criterias of choice
Among other important characteristics, in addition to purchase size, the following should be considered:
- Weight - an ironing board, the dimensions of which are standard or close to them, weighs about 5-10 kg. Less weighing boards (about 3 kg).
- Mobility means ease in moving the board, folding and unfolding it, adjusting for height.
- Convenience - the width should be large enough to comfortably iron things of any size, as well as the positive moment will be the presence of a stand for iron and attachment for the outlet or cord. Now often there are rubberized stands, as well as rosettes with an extension on the bottom side for easy connection to the iron network.
- Quality of materials and strength - you need to carefully study what the ironing board is made of. The shortest material is chipboard, but its opposite and the most reliable is thermoplastic. But the latter is very expensive, and ironing boards from thermoplastic only innovatively equipped companies.
Ironing board as a piece of interior
Folding and usual folding ironing board, the length of which in the folded form of about 1.5 m can serve as an excellent piece of furniture. A regular board can be used as an analogue of a painting, if it has a beautiful cover and legs. The folding model can have a mirror on the back side and in the unfolded state it can be an ironing board, and in a folded state it can be a mirror. Thus, at once 2 problems of small apartments are solved: there is no need to look for additional space for a mirror, and the board does not need to be hidden when finished ironing. Just remember that the mirror must be carefully attached so that it does not fall off and does not break.