Background for the aquarium - the finishing touch of aquarium design
Any aquarist will tell you that everything is important: not only the filling of the household pool by the population, not only its interior design, but also the rear panorama. An unsuccessful or missing background for the aquarium can ruin the whole impression of a lovingly created small house for fish. Agree, if before your eyes - a fascinating underwater world, albeit in a miniature, and through it through the cheerful wallpaper in a flower, magic is somehow lost. So this aquarist certainly pays attention to the design of the "rear".
Types of back wall
All varieties of outdoor design can be divided into two groups.
- External background for the aquarium. It is easy to install (most often it is a film glued on the outside), inexpensive, does not get seaweed, so it's always as good as new. Disadvantages: immediately it is clear that this "backdrop". The simplest representative of the lineup is simply the painted wall of the aquarium.
- Internal splash screen. The maximum natural appearance, volume and total beauty are the main advantages. Requires compliance with certain rules: materials - only non-toxic and do not change the composition of the aquatic environment, plus the well-thought-out fastening. Disadvantages: if you decide to change the design, especially in a large aquarium, puffing will have to be serious - a thing dimensional. In addition, the voluminous background for the aquarium takes away space from its inhabitants, which is especially bad if the tank is not painfully wide.
Despite the negative aspects and related difficulties, the people still prefer screensavers in the style of 3D and most often master them with their own hands, adapting to the design idea.
One of the most successful decorations, which can fit into any decor created inside a fish house. The easiest way to build such a background for an aquarium is from decorative stones. They will need only a sealant. Each stone is cut in half, so that one side becomes flat and closest to the glass. In order for the gaps to be invisible, the stones are grinded, after which their laying begins. This is done on dry glass, from the bottom to the top, the pattern is selected intuitively or according to a plan previously drawn up and imprinted on the sketch.
When the sealant, which fixes the elements, will dry up (this can take a day), the aquarium is flooded with water and left for three days. This time should be enough to wash all possible extraneous inclusions. After poured fresh vodichka and transplanted tenants.
Eternal motif - tree
No less universal background for the aquarium, which harmonizes, again, with any internal entourage. Buy for it will have unless glue - everything else is being found in the nearest forest, well, or planting. You just need to find a dead tree (not an oak tree - it separates tanning substances that are harmful to fish for a long time) and peel it. The algorithm is the following:
- The bark is soaked to remove dirt and extract insects.
- Raw materials are divided into pieces in accordance with the ultimate idea.
- Bark is brewed; every half hour water changes to eliminate tannin. Approximately the process takes 2 to 3 hours, but it can continue for longer.
- In the hot and wet state, the alignment material is laid under the press.
- After drying, the inside is trimmed to evenness with a knife, sandpaper or a plane.
- Elements are glued with sealant similar to decorative stones.
To revive the landscape, you can use branches and snags. Before running the fish, we follow all the same precautions.
Avant-garde background for an aquarium: do miracles with your own hands
In those cases where you need a more plastic material for the back wall, you can use the mounting foam. With its help, you can create both the surface of the moon, and fancy volumetric patterns. It is noteworthy that such a background for the aquarium can serve as a refuge for small fish, if you make in it depressions, caves. Two foam squares are enough for two squares of the wall, and the thickness of the layer should be at least 3 cm.
On the floor a piece of polyethylene is forgiven and moistened. It is sprayed with foam and smoothed with a spatula, also wrapped in a film. To create caves, you can insert a piece of pipe, again wrapped in a film, or cut them later. So far, the foam has not grasped, a thin layer of earth / sand is poured in, and on top - more foam, with the formation of the conceived relief. You can plant driftwood or small pots. A day later the foam is painted with epoxy and toner, after which the ready-made "back" is fixed on the wall with a sealant.
He is considered the most difficult to perform, takes up most of the time, as he must "grow" himself, but at the same time is a masterpiece of design. To create a living background for the aquarium, you will need a stainless mesh that is attached to the tank by suction cups. Sucker is better to stick more, so that the back does not come off as it overgrews and does not come up. The mesh is taken twice as large as the wall to be cut. On one half moss is laid out, covered by the second half, and they are fastened with a fishing line. The workpiece is fixed in the given place. It only remains to trim the top, which grows pretty soon, and after a while your aquarium will have a chic and natural backdrop.