Physical activity during pregnancy
The importance of physical exercises in the early stages of pregnancy has long been proven. On the question of whether a sport is needed during pregnancy, leading experts give a positive response. The main thing is to understand what activities will not harm the future mother and her baby. Pregnancy is not a disease, so even if a woman has not been involved in sports before, this period can be the beginning of an active life.
Advantages of playing sports in the period of bearing a child
In the modern world, every woman in the situation has a chance to try out specialized integrated programs developed by leading gynecologists and teachers. By its structure, the physical load during pregnancy is aimed at improving the general well-being of the expectant mother. An important fact will be the development of muscles that will later participate in the generic process, as well as weight control for 9 months.
Previously, women waiting for the addition in the family, doctors recommended a constant bed rest and a predominant state of rest. At the moment, the opinion has radically changed. Over the past 40 years, researchers in the field of science have been able to prove that physical activity in early pregnancy is not only not able to have a negative impact on the child, but also increase the working capacity of women in the situation.
Scientists have been able to prove that sport for a lady in a position in moderate standards is capable of:
- improve the digestive tract;
- normalize the metabolism in the body;
- strengthen the immune system;
- stabilize the general condition;
- ensure the correct oxygenation of the child's body;
- protect from edema in late pregnancy;
- to reduce the number of stretch marks or to protect their future mother from their appearance;
- charge positive emotions.
The sports side of a woman's life will help keep the body in top form. The parts of the body prepared for labor are easier to transfer the process, and the young mother can restore the figure much sooner after the birth of the long-awaited child.
How do you know if you can start training?
In some situations, the physical load during pregnancy is not only not contraindicated, but is also recommended by many leading specialists. If before a happy time a woman professionally engaged in sports, early exercises should become less productive than before.
The program of studies will have to be adjusted in connection with the new situation. In other cases, it is necessary to appoint a consultation with a qualified instructor who is able to develop an individual training program based on the data obtained after the conversation.
What sport is recommended for women in the position?
Having made sure that the sports orientation during the bearing of the baby is possible and recommended by specialists, future moms begin to think about which direction is better to choose for the near future.
Doctors accentuate the attention of pregnant women on several well-known for all sports that are well suited for any period of bearing the fetus:
- Swimming. This will be the best method in the fight against excessive strain on the spine and joints. The complex of exercises in the water strengthens muscle mass, and also allows the body to rest and get rid of tension.
- Special fitness, which will prepare the body for the birth process and improve the flexibility of all muscles.
- Exercises from yoga or pilates, aimed at stretching, controlling the respiratory process, so important in childbirth, and improving the general condition of women. Almost all yoga schools teach special classes for expectant mothers, exercise during pregnancy will not be a problem in this direction. The doctor, whom the future mother will choose to consult on sports issues, will have to pick up a feasible load for the body. To do this, he may need the current analysis and conclusions of specialists in different areas that have been passed in recent months. In the early stages of pregnancy, it is possible that it is impossible to determine strictly a doctor, it is not worthwhile to engage in independent appointment.
Nuances and details in class
A woman should understand that pregnancy is an individual process, therefore, not everyone is recommended the same exercises. Before the start of training, it is worth to meet with a doctor, so that he can determine which sport during pregnancy will be the ideal option for you. Given the dynamic development of society, interest groups gather with ease and abound in a variety of programs for every taste. If you have any doubts, you can contact the personal trainer for advice.
Determining the regime of training days, do not forget that exercises that are allowed to perform in the first months, will be strictly prohibited in the late term due to the growing abdomen. Over time, the instructor will need to pick up a decent spare replacement.
The main rules for pregnant women
Experts identify several recommendations that must be strictly adhered to in order to avoid serious consequences:
- It is strictly forbidden to overheat, this will contribute to violations in the blood supply of the baby.
- Too much diligence in stretching exercises can lead to stretching due to the action of relaxin.
- If a doctor leading a woman in the situation diagnoses anemia, multiple pregnancies or a possible threat of interruption, even charging during pregnancy becomes a contentious issue.
- It is not recommended for women at any time of pregnancy to visit stuffy gyms without proper ventilation system.
- Cardiovasages in the period of bearing of the baby must be deleted from the program of occupations, since the heart is already subject to double loading.
The main goal will be to avoid physical activity, which can cause a trauma to the future mother or lead to a fall. Therefore, the section of basketball, horse riding and snowboarding is better to be postponed to a later date, and return to them only after the baby's birth.
How much time do I give to sports?
For women who have not previously engaged in active sports, the physical load during pregnancy should not exceed 30 minutes a day 3 times a week, especially in the first trimester. More frequent training can become an additional stress for the body, which is just being rebuilt for a new stage of life.
A good initial training will be walking, preferably in the park area. There the future mother will be able to stretch the upper and lower limbs with an easy charge. Later, in consultation with the attending physician, running is possible during pregnancy.
Physical Exercises for Detection of Health Problems
So, we found out that ladies in the situation are not at all forbidden to exercise, despite even the early stages of pregnancy. What is possible is that it is impossible to determine only specialists. If the future mother suddenly had problems with the thyroid gland, blood vessels, heart, spine, or too fast weight gain, then active exercises should be abandoned for a while.
Permission for any kind of physical training in this case can only be given by a pregnant doctor and obstetrician-gynecologist.
Characteristics of exercises in early pregnancy
In order for the classes to be conducted with benefit for health, body and muscle mass, they should be made regular, that is, at least twice a week. Only in this case the body will be in the required tone. An infrequent physical load during pregnancy will bring more stress than good for a future mother.
Classes should start at least two hours after the last meal, and do not forget to fill the oxygen deficiency in the room or gym.
The developed complex of exercises should deliver only pleasure and a charge of positive emotions, and also promote desire to be engaged further. Exhaustion is strictly forbidden, so that mom and her future baby do not feel discomfort, which can adversely affect the course of pregnancy. Only if all the above rules and recommendations are followed, physical exertion will be beneficial and significant benefits that will help in the process of giving birth.