Unfortunately, not all couples can have children. In our time, invented a great way for infertile families - artificial insemination. A huge role in choosing a clinic is played by reviews. IVF with a donor egg is carried out in the case when a woman can not reproduce herself due to her health condition. About what people say that have gone through this procedure, as well as its main stages, we will consider in our article.
What is IVF?
Artificial insemination is for some couples the only chance to give birth to a baby. Previously, it was very problematic to do this procedure for free. The queue for IVF was so huge that many decided to do it at their own expense. But since 2016, it became possible not to wait for one's own hour, and on the policy to come to the clinic, which is engaged in this procedure, and undergo the necessary examinations. The insurance company will pay all expenses. The cost of IVF varies depending on the city. On average, the procedure will cost at least one hundred thousand for one attempt.
The operation itself consists in placing the embryo in the uterus of the future mother. Usually it is grown in a test tube from the sperm of the father and the egg of the mother. However, not always enough of its own resources. For some reason a woman does not have ovulation. In this case, the eggs do not ripen, and therefore, pregnancy can not be natural. But you do not need to get upset: medicine does not stand still. There was an opportunity to use someone else's egg. She promotes the embryo by insemination with her father's sperm. To date, this method is the best-selling reproductive technology.
Who is shown the fertilization of the donor egg
Due to any circumstances a woman can not always be her own donor with IVF. There are several reasons why it is recommended to use an ovule of another person:
- Absence of ovaries due to surgery after the disease.
- Hormonal failure, in which there is no ovulation.
- Insensitivity of the ovaries to stimulation with strong medications.
- Anomalies of physical development, in which the egg does not have the ability to reproduce.
- Presence in the anamnesis of serious genetic diseases.
- More than five unsuccessful attempts at insemination with their own egg.
- The onset of early (premature) menopause.
- IVF after 40 donated eggs is also recommended.
Neither your illnesses nor age can be a verdict. Even after forty, these operations are quite successful. Of course, for this it is necessary to be in good physical shape to endure pregnancy.
Who can become a donor?
The collection of materials of this kind is carried out in specialized institutions. This is a truly important mission. For those who want to share their own eggs, there are quite strict requirements. The age of candidates for surrender should not be older than thirty-five years. In this case, women are carefully examined.
- The first stage is an interview. The doctor finds out how many children you have. A candidate must have at least one healthy child. Further, it is clarified whether the woman has bad habits. A certificate from a psychiatrist must be studied. A doctor can request a medical book from a child's polyclinic. It shows all the diseases he has suffered. They are interested in the profession, because it can be harmful and affect the health of women.
Based on the interview, the doctor decides whether to conduct a further examination in order to allow her to become a donor.
- The second stage is a survey. General examination by the therapist, and gynecological. In order to study the physical abilities of a woman, she is examined by an ultrasound machine. The presence of good blood tests is mandatory.
- The last stage is the study of possible genetic abnormalities, and on the basis of the whole examination the doctor makes a conclusion about the possibility of becoming a donor.
A long procedure makes it possible to receive material from a healthy woman. Only from such a qualitative donor egg can be obtained.
Who does the child look like in the case of IVF of this kind? We will tell further.
Choose the appearance
The likelihood that he will be a copy of the pope, is quite real. But at the same time, there may be some features of the donor. However, this issue should not bother future mother. She takes the baby under her heart, passes through the delivery procedure, hears his first cry. Any thoughts that he is genetically alien will not arise. However, through this psychological aspect there are many women who do not have the opportunity to give their eggs.
Many are afraid that relatives will not find similarities between parents and the baby. But this problem is also solved: it turns out that parents will be asked about their preferences about the appearance of a future child. This opportunity has received from many couples who have gone through this, excellent reviews. IVF with an egg donor should not scare you. In the case when you do not know who will give you the opportunity to become a mother, the doctor will clarify the following points from you:
- Desired hair color. You can pick up a donor with the same as that of your mother.
- Eye color.
- Approximate height and weight.
- The main features of the face.
- Group and Rh factor of blood.
On the basis of such data, you will select a donor that looks similar to you. Even according to the results of the blood group it will be impossible to suspect that the child is not genetically yours.
There are two types of carrying out this operation. The most common is the use of cryomaterial.
This type of artificial insemination is a long preparation. On the other hand, it minimizes the turn for IVF as the material is ready and waiting for future parents.
- To begin with, donors are pre-screened.
- Hormone therapy is prescribed. In other words, stimulate the ovaries to form as many oocytes as possible.
- The material is collected and frozen in special cryocameras.
- The recipient can choose the most suitable donor of the material.
- The egg cell is thawed at the right time, inseminated with sperm.
- The ready embryo is inserted into the womb of the future mother.
The effectiveness of IVF with the donor egg from the first time is quite high. According to statistics, everything goes well in forty percent of cases. But do not despair: if it did not work from the first, then the second or third will be required!
This method is suitable for those who know their donor in advance. It can be a relative, a friend, or just a person familiar to the recipient. The protocol of artificial insemination is quite different in this case.
Pregnancy with donor egg from native material will come after:
- A thorough examination of both the donor and the recipient.
- The call of menstruation and equalization of cycles of both participants.
- Use of hormones that stimulate ovulation in the donor.
- Prepare the womb of the future mother's womb.
- Collection of oocytes from the donor.
- Fertilization and fetal replanting.
The cost of IVF using fresh eggs is much higher than with frozen materials. According to reviews, pregnancy disruptions, obtained by this method, happen more often.
Results of IVF with donor egg
Each patient, who decided on artificial insemination, hopes that from the first time everything will go well. But, unfortunately, you can not always hear positive feedback. IVF with a donor egg will be successful if you prioritize yourself to a good outcome.
In addition, it is necessary to strictly follow those recommendations that will be given by the doctor. Firstly, the observance of sexual rest after implantation is mandatory. A minute temptation can disrupt such a long-awaited pregnancy. Secondly, future mothers should forget about all sorts of diets. Even if you start to gain weight rapidly, it is better to reduce the portion, but do not starve. Third, do not use any medication without consulting the doctor. Well, and, of course, forget about hot tubs. In this case, the probability of a successful outcome will be much higher.
According to the reviews of those who went through the procedure of artificial insemination, the effectiveness of IVF is very high. And often age does not play a special role. Some forty-year-old women without problems became pregnant the first time and easily took out the child. Others talk about several unsuccessful attempts at the age of thirty.
Very rarely there are girls who could not safely endure the pregnancy, resulting from IVF. This contributes to the individual characteristics of women, such as weak immunity, abnormal structure of the uterus. In some cases, it breaks down due to the recipient's non-compliance with the prescription of the doctor. Having studied the statistics, you can see that, even if not from the first, and from the second or third attempt, a woman will succeed. IVF donor egg for a long time is not something unusual. Doctors have learned to avoid mistakes and keep the embryo in the womb of the future mother.
Why can not it work out?
Undoubtedly, every married couple who tries to get pregnant with in vitro fertilization takes a certain risk. One can never foresee exactly how the woman's organism reacts to an artificial embryo.
- To start, the couple must agree on all the subtleties of the procedure. In the event that the opinions of the spouses differ in some parameters, the negative psychological climate in the family may adversely affect it.
- The presence in the history of a woman of chronic diseases. These may include diabetes mellitus, endometritis.
- Excess weight of the future mother can negatively affect the process of gestation. Preparing for IVF, it is better to try to lose a few pounds.
- Abuse of the father and mother tobacco, as well as alcoholic beverages.
- Incompatibility of a man and a woman at a genetic level. In this case, the development of antibodies that reject the fetus occurs.
The most famous medical institutions engaged in artificial insemination are in the largest cities of Russia. Now you can not stand in an endless queue. There was an opportunity to do IVF for OMS with a donor egg. If you have testimonies for carrying out this operation, your insurance company will pay all necessary expenses. Unfortunately, not everyone takes the policy. Some private hospitals have refused this service.
We present to your attention the most popular clinics:
- Donor eggs are carried out by artificial insemination in the well-known "ECO Center", located in Moscow. It is believed that in this clinic the highest effectiveness of in vitro fertilization (60%). The high cost of one attempt (about two hundred thousand rubles) is justified by the good effectiveness of this institution.
- "Center for Reproductive Medicine", located in the northern capital of Russia - the city of St. Petersburg, offers its services for 98 thousand rubles. The effectiveness is about 50%.
- In Volgograd is one of the first such institutions, called the "ECO Center." Efficiency, according to statistics, is not the highest, 48%. However, the reviews about this hospital are very good. Many praise the competence of doctors, a cozy atmosphere, a friendly attitude towards patients. The cost of one attempt is within 150 thousand.
- The clinic "Mother and Child" in Moscow also deals with artificial insemination. Of the pluses patients distinguish the responsiveness of doctors, the work of this center without days off, the availability of its own pharmacy with specialized drugs for IVF. However, from the minuses called high cost (from 200 thousand), the presence of large queues. People do not like the fact that every repeated attempt costs as much as the first attempt.
- The Center for Family Medicine is one of the most famous in the Urals. It is located in the city of Yekaterinburg. The effectiveness of 55% allows you to take not only local patients, but also visitors to the city. He is praised for the professionalism of doctors, the sensitivity of the staff and the individual approach to each patient.
In total, there are more than one hundred such institutions in Russia. The main thing is to reasonably approach this issue and consult with those who have passed through this difficult test.
How do you configure yourself?
Many women torment themselves by the fact that this child will not be their whole and complete. After all, the husband will genetically be the father, and the mother will only endure the baby. But, as practice shows, such thoughts do not arise from those who gave birth with AJ. Having seen two cherished strips, having felt the first stirings, having passed through successful childbirth, the woman forgets everything in the world. As soon as the mother takes the baby in her arms, negative thoughts will go to the side.
Before the IVF procedure, tune in with your husband about possible difficulties that you will have to go through.
Find out what a woman is, what has become a donor for you. Of course, her name will not be called to you, but according to your preferences, you will choose one that suits you.
Do not worry that someday, years later, the donor will start looking for you and presenting your rights to the child. With her first thing they'll take a receipt that she will never do such things.
This method of fertilization has received very positive feedback. IVF with a donor egg for some families is the only chance to get a baby. It is noteworthy that this method allows you to give birth to twins or twins. This is because for loyalty in the uterus not one, but several embryos are planted. Some, as a rule, perish. The strongest survive.
Do not be afraid of difficulties in this matter. As long as you decide, time goes by. And with age, an important reproductive function gradually fades away.
Listen to the prescription of the doctor, start to lead a healthy lifestyle. And then success will not keep you waiting!