Strollers Lonex: review, types, reviews
When choosing a stroller, future or newly-minted parents should pay attention to Lonex. The products of this company has a large number of advantages and is distinguished by its low cost in comparison with analogues of European manufacturing companies.
Lonex strollers are designed for a wide range of buyers, as they are in the middle price category.
About Lonex and its Products
The Polish company Lonex is popular not only among compatriots, but also in Europe since 1990. And this is not surprising, because the company seriously controls the quality of its goods. Lonex strollers are made from non-toxic materials, and also have all the necessary certificates.
Types of Lonex strollers
The Lonex company offers the buyer models of 2 in 1 and 3 in 1 wheelchairs, which can be in different versions:
- The Lonex 2 in 1 stroller includes a pleasure seat and carrycot.
- The stroller Lonex 3 in 1 consists of a cradle, a walking block and a company car seat with a fastening on the belts.
- The Lonex 2 in 1 + stroller is additionally equipped with adapters for installation on the chassis of the Maxi Cosi car seat.
- The Lonex 3 in 1 + stroller differs from the previous version in a more convenient and fast way of securing the car seat.
General characteristics of Lonex universal wheelchairs
Despite the variety of models, all Lonex strollers have some common characteristics:
- The rear wheels of the stroller are larger than the front.
- Front wheels swivel. It is possible to block the rotation.
- The front wheels have a shock absorption system.
- Existence of the central brake which is pressed by the easy movement of a leg.
- Spring depreciation.
- The cradle is upholstered in cotton, complete with a pram in addition there is a small children's mattress in the cradle.
- The ability to adjust the height of the handle. At the same time the handle itself is covered with artificial leather.
- Good spring damping.
- Large and spacious cradle (up to 85 centimeters in length).
- The ability to install a walking block in two ways: facing the mother or in the direction of travel.
- In the wheelchair there is a mesh for ventilation in the warm season. To protect against wind or snow, this grid can be simply closed.
- Additionally, the kit includes a mosquito net, a cover on the legs, a rain cover and a spacious bag.
- In the car seat there is an additional tab for a newborn, a cover on the legs, a carrying handle. Calculated car seat for a child weighing up to 10 kilograms.
- The presence of a large and roomy basket for things and purchases.
- The walking unit is equipped with five-point safety belts, an adjustable footrest, a jumper between the legs of the child for greater safety, and a window on the hood for ventilation and monitoring the child.
- Folding bumper.
- A simple way to attach the cradle or the walking block to the chassis.
- The headboard in the cradle is raised with the help of an external regulator.
- A large number of color options for every taste.
This type of wheelchair is just perfect for city walks, as it has high maneuverability and easy handling. An example of such a stroller is the stroller Lonex Speedy.
Classic chassis strollers: general characteristics
All models of this type are equipped with large fixed wheels with a chrome frame. In addition, strollers with a classic chassis have the following features:
- The handle of the stroller is covered with leather.
- The back in a cradle rises.
- The basket for things is made of metal and very roomy.
- In the cradle there are retractable legs for its stability without a chassis.
- The hood is made in retro style. There is a special curtain so that you can close the child from wind or snow.
At the same time, depending on taste preferences, you can choose one of three types of wheels:
- retro wheels with a diameter of 40 centimeters, made of foamed rubber (non-inflatable);
- inflatable wheels with a diameter of 38 centimeters with black tires;
- inflatable wheels with a diameter of 38 centimeters with white tires.
Lonex strollers with a classic chassis have their advantages and disadvantages.
An undoubted advantage can be considered as excellent cross-country ability in any terrain, starting from off-road and ending with snowdrifts. In addition, the stroller is equipped with excellent shock absorption, due to which the child does not feel the irregularities of the road, which means it will not shake during a walk.
As for the minuses, first of all it is a significant weight of the stroller. In the walking version it is more than 13 kilograms, in the version with a cradle - more than 14 kilograms. Also, the stroller is quite large and does not have good maneuverability.
Having considered all the pros and cons of such a stroller, we can conclude that it is simply an ideal option for a newborn baby. But for older kids, it would be better to look at another option separately: lighter, more compact and with better handling. Especially considering the fact that the walking unit on such a high chassis looks at least ridiculous.
Strollers with special damping
It makes no sense to describe in detail the general characteristics of wheelchairs of this type, since they practically do not differ from the universal urban variant. There is only one significant difference, due to which they are a separate series: leather straps are used for cushioning, not metal springs. These strollers go soft, smooth and silent, due to the lack of squeak.
At the same time, the price is not much higher than the other model of the Lonex stroller.
In 2015, the Lonex Julia Baronessa stroller became one of the most popular with customers, with a significant number of advantages and a low price. Among the minuses can be identified only significant weight, simple design and the absence of any protection of the child from wind and snow.
For the most part, the company produces versions of 2 in 1 and 3 in 1 wheelchairs. Unfortunately, there is no option that includes only the cradle and chassis. However, there is one exclusively walking version of the stroller, which consists of a lightweight chassis and a walking block. This is the stroller Lonex Sport.
It has the same advantages as walking blocks of strollers 2 in 1 and 3 in 1:
- folding bumper;
- the ability to regulate the level of the back;
- legroom covered with foil;
- five-point seat belts and a jumper between the legs of the child;
- window on the hood;
- natural upholstery;
- central brake.
At the same time, the pram has a significantly lower weight in comparison with the 2 in 1 leisure option - only 10.5 kilograms.
The model can be bundled with a bag or without it. In the second case, the cost of the stroller will be lower.
Strollers Lonex: reviews
Most of the parents who used Lonex strollers, noted as advantages maneuverability, low cost and at the same time, excellent quality. In the walking version, the undoubted advantages are the five-point seat belts and the jumper between the legs, which will help not to worry about the fact that the child may accidentally bend forward and fall. The disadvantages include a large weight of strollers.