What do you need for a home aquarium? How to choose a fish and equip it with a house
About a beautiful aquarium that will not only attract a variety of fish, but also harmoniously fit into the overall interior design, many dream. After all, this "pond" in the apartment not only fills the space with positive emotions, but also has a positive effect on the nervous system. If for some time, not stopping, watching through the glass behind the life of aquarium inhabitants: fish, snails and algae - then this will serve to some extent a relaxation for a person. But how to make a home aquarium? Where do you need to start work?
Which aquarium is preferable for aquatic households
It should be remembered that aquariums differ, in the first place, in form. Secondly, according to the spaciousness of the water (in liters). These criteria have their pros and cons.
Aquariums made in the form of a rectangle or square, it is very convenient to place on the longitudinal surfaces. And glass vessels, resembling glasses, will look good on compact nightstands.
The amount of water that is placed in the tank also plays an important role in the purchase. In an aquarium with a large capacity you can keep large fish. And it will be clogged much slower than shallow and small in its parameters vessels. Although everything depends on the person who cares for the silent water inhabitants. Therefore, these facts are useful practical recommendations that help to understand what is needed for a home aquarium.
When purchasing a container, it should be carefully inspected for tightness of the walls, which are fastened together with a special glue. If desired, you can find glass containers with a lid.
For inhabitants of an aquarium the choice of a place is important - and it for a long time not a secret. When the "house" for fish is already purchased, you should choose for him a permanent location.
What you need to know
There are several rules to consider:
- The surface must be stable.
- The level of water in the aquarium should be checked to ensure that the liquid in any case does not press on any one of the walls, that is, it was evenly distributed.
- It is necessary to avoid direct sun rays on the container. Otherwise, cleaning will become more frequent than usual, since such illumination provokes a rapid change in water and the decomposition of food residues.
- It is recommended that the aquarium be located near the outlet, so that it is possible to connect the necessary equipment. In extreme cases, you can build an extension cord.
Required equipment for aquarium
All these tips are undoubtedly important when choosing this purchase. But this is not all that is needed to realize the old dream. So, what do you need for a home aquarium?
In order for the tank to have its own flora with enough air, usually they buy aquarium plants, which some fish consume for food. But the main function of these plants is the release of oxygen. Experienced aquarists also purchase and install special filters for this. They vary in type, detail, size and other criteria.
The aquarium needs additional lighting. Due to this, fish feel cheerful, develop well, get sick less often, and plants have fast growth and rich color of leaves.
The temperature of the water should be monitored, so the heater should be present in the kit with the aquarium. The bottom of the aquarium is covered with a special soil - a substrate that creates a favorable environment for the nutrition of plants and aquatic organisms.
They love all the beauty - even the fish in the pond!
Do not think that the water inhabitants do not care what is around them. In pet stores now offered so rich assortment of decor, which can sometimes be confused among these products.
You should not buy all the items you like, because for a beautiful home aquarium you need only a few elements:
- Stones and seashells. They not only look original and attractive. Behind them, you can also hide fish or snails.
- Castle or any snags. They give the aquarium some mystery and mystery.
- The back wall of the aquarium is usually decorated with a thematic background, which is performed on special surfaces. He not only decorates the transparent vessel, but also visually increases the aqua space.
Thus, properly selected decor will not overload the small water world, but, on the contrary, will create a cozy atmosphere not only in it, but also in a dwelling.
Who lives in the aquarium?
And, of course, the most important thing for a home aquarium is permanent tenants. Until then, how to let fish into a vessel, it is worth buying and planting algae in the ground. Snails perfectly clean the walls of the aquarium, so you do not have to forget about them. In addition, catfish also copes with this task perfectly.
How to choose a fish for a home aquarium:
- No need to buy too many tenants, besides different types.
- Remember that in one container it is unacceptable to inhabit predators with other fish.
- For beginners, aquarists should first buy guppies. They are not so fastidious, they also adapt well to the created conditions. Over time, they can be populated with swordsmen, neon and other aquatic inhabitants.
The main thing that is needed for a home aquarium is three main factors: cleanliness, fish care, and, of course, love from the owner.