What if the pot was burnt? How to wash, return the original shine and do not damage the coating
Cooking is an interesting and exciting process. Each time you can discover something new and try to implement a variety of recipes. However, there are also some unpleasant aspects in this: for example, you decided to cook several dishes at once, hesitated - and as a result, a pot burnt. "How to wash this terrible coke, so that your favorite dishes took the original form and served you an unlimited amount of time?" - you ask. Of course, a lot depends on what kind of pan it burnt: enameled, aluminum, with Teflon coating, cast iron, stainless steel, etc.
Today, to help housewives, the market of household chemicals offers a variety of means to combat fat and carbon deposits. Of course, the effect of their use is obvious, but as a part of these cleaners, there are usually various acids and other substances dangerous to human health.
Save your favorite casserole without chemistry
There are times when there is simply no cleaning product at hand. What if the saucepan burned down, how to wash it quickly and without using household chemicals? In this situation, you can always remember a few grandmother's recipes, where the main characters, besides, of course, the damaged dishes are salt, soda, vinegar, citric acid, which almost certainly will be found in every kitchen. However, it is also important not to overdo it, as salt, soda and vinegar will help one kind of dishes, and the other - on the contrary - will spoil more.
How to wash off a burnt enamel pot?
Compared with the same aluminum and cast iron, enameled dishes are much more capricious and fragile. For example, she does not like temperature changes and uneven heating: this can lead to cracks and subsequent destruction of the enamel layer. Well, if it happened that the pan burnt, how to wash the enamel, without damaging it, see below:
- Pour into the pot a solution of drinking soda (25 grams per 1 liter of water) and boil for 10-15 minutes. Leave the pan overnight, and the next day remove the carbon by a soft sponge or cloth, but never use hard brushes or metal mesh, as they strongly destroy the enamel.
- Generously sprinkle the burnt surface with salt and leave for a few hours.
- Dry tooth powder helps not only to cope with the deposit, but also to preserve the gloss of the enamel for a long time.
- If the milk burned in the enamel pan, water will help with the addition of sifted wood ash.
How to wash the burnt aluminum pan?
People's ways to clean burnt dishes from aluminum are many times greater, and in the process of saving your favorite saucepans, not only soda and salt can participate, but also vinegar, citric acid, ammonia and even clerical glue! Here are just a few recipes that tell you what to do if the saucepan burns: how to wash the carbon, return the dishes the original shine and not damage it:
- A few drops of ammonia, added to the water, will greatly facilitate their cleaning from the deposit and return the shine.
- Vatka, soaked in vinegar - another effective tool. If the case is particularly severe, the vinegar is diluted with water and boiled in a saucepan for 10-15 minutes.
- A slice of sour apple or half of a bulb is an excellent substitute for the hardest sponge or brush in the fight against carbon deposits.
So, now you are armed and, undoubtedly, will be able to cope even with the strongest carbon, without resorting to concentrated chemical agents. So you will be more careful with your health, and with the dishes themselves. Good luck, and let your favorite saucepans always shine!