Botsiya clown: reproduction, content and description of the breed (photo)
Botsiya clown - an aquarium fish, which every day is becoming more popular not only in Russia, but all over the world. Bright variegated color, cheerful and peaceful disposition, as well as a fairly long period of life - all this justifies the purchase of this fish. There is, perhaps, the only negative - this is a fairly high price. The cost of fish in pet stores in Moscow varies from 300 to 400 rubles. A fish botsiya clown is not one who will live alone. Therefore, buying it in a single copy is just as silly and useless as buying one barbeque. Taking into account the cost of buying a flock of bosses, clowns will fly into a pretty penny. But let's not talk about sad ...
Where is the motherland
Botsiya clown comes from the islands of Indonesia. Initially, the habitat of this fish were the reservoirs of Kalimantan and Sumatra. Botsia prefers rivers in which the water is soft and sour enough.
Later, these fish began to breed on special farms in Southeast Asia. Therefore, today the fish you buy at a pet store will most likely be of "Asian" origin.
Botsiya clown - a very beautiful and unusual fish. Her body has a bright yellow or orange hue with three broad black strips. The bots have six fins: the upper, located on the back - black, and the bottom - red. The mouth of the fish is small and curved, near it are the antennae.
An interesting feature of the clown's bots is the specific spikes. They are located directly under the eyes of the fish and in the usual, quiet state are hidden under the skin. When the clown feels danger, the thorns shoot out with a clicking sound. You can see this process by catching a fish from an aquarium. At this moment, she thinks she is in danger, and releases her thorns. And some species of clown bots even in the quiet evening just love to "snap".
By the way, about the size. In the wild, the bots reach 50 centimeters! Aquarium specimens are much smaller - no more than 26.
Botsiya clown: content
Despite the great popularity, these fish are quite difficult in content. But it does not mean that it is impossible.
In order for the bots to feel comfortable, give them a voluminous and fairly long aquarium. The ideal size of the container for large individuals is not less than 180 centimeters in length and in width.
Fish of this breed are very sensitive to poor conditions. Therefore, do not start them in the aquarium you just bought. Do not forget to change the water in time. The water in the aquarium should be not only clean, but also quite soft and warm (26-28 degrees Celsius).
The clowns love freedom and space. Therefore, do not overpopulate the aquarium with other fish. And they are very fond of eating plants. Therefore, to keep this breed is best suited artificial shrubs. Otherwise, you risk to observe in your aquarium the peeled and eaten algae.
In the aquarium it is recommended to place as much as possible any snags, smooth stones, coconut shells and any other objects that will serve as an excellent shelter for the fish. They love it.
The bottom of the aquarium is a thin layer of substrate. Bottom filter with the content of bots should be excluded.
Choose our neighbors
It is necessary to provide one more thing, before in your aquarium sit the clown's bots - compatibility with other fish. Botsiya are peaceful enough and do not suffer aggression towards their neighbors. However, this species is very quick and active. Therefore, their behavior can cause constant stress for more melancholy and quiet inhabitants of the aquarium.
As neighbors for the clown's bots, the fish with veal-shaped fins definitely do not fit: guppies, cocks, cichlids. But barbs and other carp breeds will perfectly coexist with them.
So, the clowns are peace-loving fishes. But still they should not be launched into an aquarium with smaller fish. And do not keep them one at a time. There have been cases when single fish began to show aggression towards other, smaller neighbors.
Still, the clown is a schooling fish. She just needs constant communication with her congeners.
What to feed
As already mentioned above, the clown's bots are aquarium long-livers. Their age can reach 20 years. But that the fish as long as possible pleased you with its beauty, it should be well and properly fed.
Botsiya just love to swarm in the ground. Therefore, their ideal diet is worms and other invertebrates living in the ground.
In aquarium conditions, an alternative would be a frozen bloodworm, mosquito larvae or small chopped sea creatures (shrimps, for example). For the bots of clowns, special types of dry food are also produced.
A sign that the fish is unhappy with its diet is a faded color.
Botsiya Clown: Reproduction
This business is very complicated. Today, only a few people manage at home to cope with this task.
But if you still decided to try, then - a few tips on breeding.
1. The spawner should be large enough.
2. Water parameters: hardness - up to 15 degrees, temperature - about 26 degrees, acidity - 6,5-7,2. Water should be as clean and fresh as possible.
3. An important condition for spawning is a strong current. To create it, a special device "turntable" is used. This is a kind of mechanism consisting of an electric motor with a reducer, on the shaft of which there are four blades. The device is covered with a casing of viniplast or plexiglas.
4. For spawning substrates smooth stones or snags will do. They are specially located where the strongest current passes. The thickness of the current directly affects the intensity of spawning.
5. There are three males per female.
6. After termination of spawning, fish-producers must be disembarked from the aquarium. It is necessary to raise the temperature to 31 degrees.
7. Fertilized caviar should be transparent, unfertilized - white. Unsuccessful caviar should be removed immediately.
8. The incubation period is 18-20 hours.
9. Fry begin to eat on the fourth day. Their diet should be the smallest species of rotifers, Nauplius cyclops and euglena green.
10. The most critical period in the life of fry is the first month. At this time, be especially attentive to them. And then by the end of the month they will begin to accept the coloring of their parents.