Aspirator Otrivin Baby - reviews
Unfortunately, diseases affect not only adults. Newborns and young children may also experience malaise, accompanied by unpleasant symptoms. Most often, babies are exposed to acute respiratory-viral infections and ARI.
After examining the child, the pediatrician may recommend that the parents use the aspirator "Otrivin Baby" nasal. This is a special device that allows you to remove the secret from the nasal passages. A small patient, because of his early age, is not able to cope with such a task on his own. To restore normal breathing, he needs help. However, many parents do not know how to use the aspirator "Otrivin Baby".
The device was developed by the Swiss concern Novartis. The kit is designed specifically for toddlers from birth to two-year-olds. It fully corresponds to the anatomical features of the small spout and is considered safe to use. The aspirator "Otrivin Baby", which will be reviewed below, has earned high medical and parental assessments, proven by practical experience of application.
The device is intended for use in therapeutic and preventive purposes. An obligatory stage of successful treatment of the common cold is the removal of mucus and purulent contents from the sinuses. The benefit consists not only in stabilizing normal breathing, bacteria, microbes are removed from the baby's nose, the disease does not progress.
The aspirator is recommended for daily hygiene procedures. This is a great prevention of viral diseases, which have an airborne droplet spread.
Description of the preparation
The kit is sold in standard form, in a cardboard package. All components are laid on a plastic substrate. Details that contact the child are sterile. This is a nice feature of Otrivin Baby. Aspirator, the price of which is more than affordable, will help every kid.
- transparent tip of the anatomical shape for easy penetration into the nasal passage, equipped with an absorbent filter for collecting mucus;
- flexible tube;
- central building;
- replaceable nozzles.
Practical studies of a group of similar pharmacological preparations have shown that the aspirator "Otrivin Baby" is considered to be the safest and most non-traumatic one. The responses of pediatricians fully confirm this assessment:
- The use of the system for cleaning the nose is simple, it is available even to an inexperienced mother. If you follow the instructions in the instructions, you can easily clean the spout for newborns.
- It is very important that all attachments in contact with the child are packaged in sterile conditions, which fully meets the requirements for children's preparations, especially those intended for infancy.
Instructions for use
- The replaceable attachment is attached to the body of the device.
- The tip is inserted into the nasal passageway.
- The air is gently drawn through the mouth through the mouthpiece while inhaling evenly.
- The procedure is duplicated on the second nostril.
- The nozzle must be disposed of in order to avoid re-infection.
The device is ideal for home use, does not require parents special skills. Given that the set includes replaceable attachments from the device "Otryvin Baby", an aspirator, whose average price in Russia is 240 rubles, is an advantageous acquisition.
Child comfort and hygiene
These recommendations will help to meet all hygiene standards:
- after each use, the mouthpiece is washed under running water and stored in a container;
- the aspirator must be stored at room temperature;
- the product is not used after the expiration date fixed on the package;
- one-off parts of the device can not be used twice.
To ensure hygiene standards, the manufacturer produces replaceable nozzles in a closed, hermetically sealed container. Thanks to this approach, the child is not threatened with secondary infection, the disease is not transmitted to an adult.
The design of the aspirator is such that air can only be blown in one direction, blocking the re-entry of the secret back into the nasal cavity. The configuration and size of the components are modeled so that the possibility of failure is excluded. The device provides maximum comfort, which is important when working with small sick children, they calmly react to "Otrivin Baby". The instruction manual contains a detailed algorithm of actions and possible contra-indications, providing additional safety.
Feasibility of application in the common cold. Parents' comments
In childhood, mucosal inflammation causes great discomfort. Nasal congestion becomes a serious problem, as the full breathing is broken, the organs do not receive enough oxygen. Children have normal sleep, appetite disappears, babies are capricious and cry.
The drug has proved itself as an effective tool in the fight against the common cold. Many parents were able to appreciate all the benefits that the aspirator "Otrivin Baby" bears. The reviews below will help you form your opinion about this product:
- The drug allows you to return to normal breathing. Among all the pharmacy products, it is one of the best indicators.
- The aspirator works great if the nasal cavity is pre-treated with a spray of seawater. Mucus departs more easily and in full.
- Operation of the device is available even to young and inexperienced parents. The assembly and the principle of operation are so simple that they do not cause difficulties, therefore it is very convenient to use the "Otiriv Baby" for newborns, babies do not act up.
Information about the inadmissibility of the drug is not available. Children's doctors and otolaryngologists advise using an aspirator for the intended purpose.
Features of storage and operation
- aspirator should be kept out of the reach of children, as it contains small parts;
- shelf life - five years.
According to expert estimates, the aspirator "Otrivin Baby", whose reviews are sounded in a positive way, is one of the best tools for easing the breathing of young children. The drug is recommended by the best pediatricians in the country.
Treatment of pediatric cold is accompanied by the use of various pharmacological agents. "Otryvin Baby" (drops) is intended for irrigation of the nasal cavity. The drug is presented in disposable forms-droppers. Its basis is an isotonic solution of NaCl (sodium chloride), the pH level of which is close to the natural secretion of the mucosa. Means sterile.
Indications for use:
- moistening of the nasal cavity;
- cleansing of the mucosa;
- elimination of dryness and irritation during colds;
- blocking of adverse environmental influences;
- daily hygiene.
The drug helps maintain the normal physiological state of the nasal mucosa. Drops dilute the secret, facilitate its removal from the sinuses, model the resistance of the treatment zone to viruses and pathogens. Allergic rhinitis from the nose displays allergens.
Product: each bottle is filled with 5 ml of sterile solution. The package contains 18 pieces.
The drug "Otryvin Baby" (drops) is administered intranasally to children from birth to two years. Washing is carried out daily, 2-4 times.
- The bottle is separated from the others.
- The dropper is opened by turning clockwise.
- At an early age, the lavage is carried out lying: the child's head rotates sideways, the spout is freed of mucus, the solution is successively digested into each passage by an easy tap on the vial.
- The surplus funds are removed.
- If necessary, the actions are repeated.
- The bottle is closed by simply pressing the lid.
After the first opening, the contents should be consumed within 12 hours - this is a feature of the drops of "Otryvin Baby". Instructions for use prohibit the use of the drug after this period.
Contraindications: allergic reactions to the components of the drug.
Spray from the cold
Indications for use can be grouped as follows:
- acute rhinitis of allergic nature;
- otitis media - the drug neutralizes the edema of the nasopharyngeal mucosa;
- preparation of a small patient for procedures in the nasal passages.
Vasoconstrictor strictly for local administration. Upon contact with the mucous membranes initiates the narrowing of the vessels, as a result, edema and local hyperemia decrease. With rhinitis, nasal breathing is facilitated.
When topical application is not absorbed. Concentrations of active components in plasma are so insignificant that they can not be detected by modern analytical methods.
The drug is applied topically for 7-14 days. The dosage depends on the child's age, however, the "Baby Baby" spray for newborns is used less often than the drip form of the drug.
With prolonged and frequent use, the following negative reactions are possible:
- dryness of mucous membranes;
- irritation of the mucosa.
The drug "Otrivin Baby" (spray) sometimes causes mucosal edema, increased pressure, palpitations, vomiting, headache, visual disturbances and sleep disorders.
Instead of completing
Timely cleansing of the nasal cavity from foreign inclusions and mucus is an important part of successful treatment. Parents are advised to get acquainted with how to use "Otryvin Baby" not only in case of a baby's illness, but also for the implementation of preventive measures.